2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

I like one or two equally. 1 provides a excellent DT, I actually like Wyatt more than Davis, however I don't see the pack taking Wyatt due to age. Love both of the safeties and see this as a bigger need than most. Not a fan of Watson, Tolbert, or Pierce, but could turn out great in a couple of years. Wouldn't be disappointed with Penning, love the attitude, just needs to reduce penalties. I believe Burks is going to be a stud, so I would be happy with one or two come draft day.

So instead of doing a Packers mock I thought it might be fun to do a Jaguars mock and see how ridiculous I could make it with accepting trade backs for next year's picks as often as possible. Spoiler alert. The answer is very.  

Walked out with...

Sam Williams

Abraham Lucas

Christian Watson

Logan Hall

Isaiah Likely

Leo Chenal

Isaiah Thomas

Damone Clark 

Channing Tindall

Braxton Jones 

Zyon MacCollum

Nick Cross

Jelani Woods

Charlie Kolar

Tariq Castro-Fields

Jamaree Sayler

Zach Tom

4 2023 First Round Picks

5 2023 Second Round Picks

7 2023 Third Round Picks

8 2023 Fourth Round Picks

5 2023 Fifth Round Picks

🤣🤣🤣

Walking into next year's draft with ~20% of the picks in the first five rounds.

Edited by wgbeethree

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

So instead of doing a Packers mock I thought it might be fun to do a Jaguars mock and see how ridiculous I could make it with accepting trade backs for next year's picks as often as possible. Spoiler alert. The answer is very.  

Walked out with...

Sam Williams

Abraham Lucas

Christian Watson

Logan Hall

Isaiah Likely

Leo Chenal

Isaiah Thomas

Damone Clark 

Channing Tindall

Braxton Jones 

Zyon MacCollum

Nick Cross

Jelani Woods

Charlie Kolar

Tariq Castro-Fields

Jamaree Sayler

Zach Tom

4 2023 First Round Picks

5 2023 Second Round Picks

7 2023 Third Round Picks

8 2023 Fourth Round Picks

5 2023 Fifth Round Picks

🤣🤣🤣

Walking into next year's draft with ~20% of the picks in the first five rounds.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Like 1

Should be interesting week prior to the draft.   Smear week is always a fun time to follow the draft. Who has the heart ailment?  Who can't play for religious reasons?, who is scheduled for knee replacement?, who is contemplating not playing for head trauma concerns?, and the always dreaded release of the police report.  

Can't wait.  

Thursday night will be interesting. 8 teams that don't have a 1st round pick. 7 teams with 2 or more picks. Eagles have 3. Jets and Giants both have 2 top 10 picks. Could be a lot of deals being made. 

Situation between Packers and Chiefs could be interesting. Both teams lack a #1 WR. Packers pick 22 and 28. Chiefs pick 29 and 30. Could certainly see Chiefs trying to jump ahead of Packers.

Then again, Chiefs have 13 WR's on their roster, so maybe they think they can do WR by committee. 

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Just think, in 28 days we can all lament the guy we should have taken with our 3rd - 7th round pick, rather than the guy we grab. 

It is almost a certainty that every pick will piss off at least a few of us. 

Absolutely, but I'm in the "let it play out" crowd.   Even going into the regular season there were concerns about Eric Stokes last season.  He's turned out pretty good.  I have some favorites but its always dont tell me in May, show me in the fall with every prospect.             

Eagles Get: 18, 101, 237, 2023 1st round 2024 2nd round

Saints Get: 16, 19, 194

In the grand scheme of things...its doesn't really change anything. Both were already picking above us and they just simply swapped positions.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This is sadly very true. RAS is going to mean less and less as so many guys skipped agility. 

This is sad, but it's good business on the agent's part. You have to wonder if Kyle Hamilton would have like a do over and not run the 40. Aside from that he's an unflawed prospect. 

If players do not 'slide' in the draft because of this, there will be more of it. Who knows if teams would 'downgrade' guys who don't participate in certain drills. I guess it depends on how they feel certain drills translate to play on the field. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

This is sad, but it's good business on the agent's part. You have to wonder if Kyle Hamilton would have like a do over and not run the 40. Aside from that he's an unflawed prospect.

I don't even think there was a consensus on his 40 yard dash time.