2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I’d rather keep our picks, salary cap space and player and just keep drafting a QB until we got it right. Honestly, you’re talking about three first round picks, Chase Young plus another mid round pick for any of those guys. That’s just dumb and if you’re GM who makes that move you should immediately be fired. You’ve essentially given up an unprecedented four first round picks for a group of QBs that have one Super Bowl win between the three of them. Nah. 

I highly doubt this. Like I said, I would offer Chase Young/Montez Sweat and #11 for any of the three. Take whichever one accepts.

I also think that if the Matthew Stafford trade is any indication, a low tier QB like Goff doesn't exactly tip the scale as "value" but Chase Young/Montez Sweat definitely would.

*edit*
Especially since it would be most likely we ship Heinicke off as a "stop-gap" option for the team we trade with.

Edited by Slappy Mc

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t want Trubisky but apparently Rivera is smitten with him so we all know it’s coming. Personally I’d rather just draft one of the 4 QBs we usually talk about and have him compete with Heinicke. It makes the most sense. 

Shouldn't we blindly trust Rivera though?  (sarcasm)

12 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I highly doubt this. Like I said, I would offer Chase Young/Montez Sweat and #11 for any of the three. Take whichever one accepts.

I also think that if the Matthew Stafford trade is any indication, a low tier QB like Goff doesn't exactly tip the scale as "value" but Chase Young/Montez Sweat definitely would.

*edit*
Especially since it would be most likely we ship Heinicke off as a "stop-gap" option for the team we trade with.

I still don’t see the value in parting with a major building block for an older QB. It has never made sense to me. Especially when one of those guys is 39, one appears to be physically breaking down and the other is in legal trouble. It just seems like something this team would do that would blow up in their face a year or two later and come at an exorbitant price. 

This is not a bad class. I’ve said it multiple times. Is it a great class? No but I stand by my belief at least one of these guys will be a top 10 QB. Howell is the one I think ends up being great but I could easily see Corral, Pickett or Willis being studs. These four can play. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is not a bad class. I’ve said it multiple times. Is it a great class? No but I stand by my belief at least one of these guys will be a top 10 QB. Howell is the one I think ends up being great but I could easily see Corral, Pickett or Willis being studs. These four can play. 

I’d draft one over going out and overpaying to sell a jersey with a name that will never mean what it meant before it got here

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Guess we all see it different ways I see most of the guys having a ceiling of someone like Dak or Grappollo where they can win games with the right set of weapons but not be the TOP guy.Just don't see a lot of elite traits in these guys and the Two I see elite traits in with Howell and Willis aren't nearly consiesnt enough to draft them at 11 for me there more of late 1st and pray they hit then sure fire top 10ish pick to me.

I'd be perefectly fine if we had a long term game plan of Signing Trubisky, Mariota or Wentz(If he's cut) and trading back in 1st into the 20s like the Giants did last season at 11 and picking up a 2023 1st with the idea if our QB Gamble on a FA doesn't work out then we have Ammo to go get a CJ Stroud or Bryce Young type QB next year.

Also I'm sure Haskins made me gun shy but my biggest fear going into this draft would be drafting a QB at 11 and us being terrible next year and Dan firing Ron and the QB being put in a bad spot of having to learn a new offense while also not being the coaches choice at QB.

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Agreed. Probably no Burrows or Mahomes but you might have a stack of Bakers, Carrs, and Cousins

27 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Guess we all see it different ways I see most of the guys having a ceiling of someone like Dak or Grappollo where they can win games with the right set of weapons but not be the TOP guy.Just don't see a lot of elite traits in these guys and the Two I see elite traits in with Howell and Willis aren't nearly consiesnt enough to draft them at 11 for me there more of late 1st and pray they hit then sure fire top 10ish pick to me.

I'd be perefectly fine if we had a long term game plan of Signing Trubisky, Mariota or Wentz(If he's cut) and trading back in 1st into the 20s like the Giants did last season at 11 and picking up a 2023 1st with the idea if our QB Gamble on a FA doesn't work out then we have Ammo to go get a CJ Stroud or Bryce Young type QB next year.

Also I'm sure Haskins made me gun shy but my biggest fear going into this draft would be drafting a QB at 11 and us being terrible next year and Dan firing Ron and the QB being put in a bad spot of having to learn a new offense while also not being the coaches choice at QB.

Dak and Garrapolo are not the same tier. Dak is a top 10 QB. He’s basically on the cusp of elite. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Dak and Garrapolo are not the same tier. Dak is a top 10 QB. He’s basically on the cusp of elite. 

I'l disagree with you there on Dak I'm sure my Bias plays a part but Dak is surrounded with every tool a QB could ask for(Perhaps maybe a better coaching staff) and struggles vs top teams.

I might knock him to much for having to much talent around him that I expect more he'd be in that 10-15 range of qbs to me prob closer to 10 and some weeks in top 10.

I think people question Grappollo a little too much based on his 1-2 What was he doing throws a game.He wins games and yes he has a great team around him to but they don't win without him but when healthy the last 2 trips been to superbowl and nfc championship game(That they had one if not for Shanny bad play calling in my view)