2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

If they were picking today I could see it being Pickett. They wouldn’t adjust to let Willis succeed. Corall I could see as he really fits the traits to the play calls they continue to call. But I have little faith in anything going on upstairs with this whole organization.

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

If they were picking today I could see it being Pickett. They wouldn’t adjust to let Willis succeed. Corall I could see as he really fits the traits to the play calls they continue to call. But I have little faith in anything going on upstairs with this whole organization.

I mean, they’ve totally backed themselves into a corner. They have to get a QB either via trade or with a high pick. 

• Like 2

Just now, lavar703 said:

I mean, they’ve totally backed themselves into a corner. They have to get a QB either via trade or with a high pick. 

And that’s why we just continue this 3 or 4 year cycle. But Snyder has done all of this to basically he’s stuck. This whole staff has don a bad job it’s almost like they sad this is what your worse skill is let’s make you do that so yo can grow. We have put very few players in a spot to get the most out of them. But your right they have. Maybe they loved Corral at the end of last season and they’ve identified him and they are trying to coach guys up at their weak points to play themselves into draft position. Personally I doubt that. But it could be Willis if that was their thinking. But I don’t see them being that clever. Honestly I think they based on what I’ve seen this year would ruin a young QB. That said last year they ran sweeps with Gibson. This year they finally put Collins in the box to keep Curl on the field. There is talent on the roster. They have to believe in the QB. They have to also make the plays in front of them and execution has been lacking. Idk I’ll hope for the best but this staff has me very concerned!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

And that’s why we just continue this 3 or 4 year cycle. But Snyder has done all of this to basically he’s stuck. This whole staff has don a bad job it’s almost like they sad this is what your worse skill is let’s make you do that so yo can grow. We have put very few players in a spot to get the most out of them. But your right they have. Maybe they loved Corral at the end of last season and they’ve identified him and they are trying to coach guys up at their weak points to play themselves into draft position. Personally I doubt that. But it could be Willis if that was their thinking. But I don’t see them being that clever. Honestly I think they based on what I’ve seen this year would ruin a young QB. That said last year they ran sweeps with Gibson. This year they finally put Collins in the box to keep Curl on the field. There is talent on the roster. They have to believe in the QB. They have to also make the plays in front of them and execution has been lacking. Idk I’ll hope for the best but this staff has me very concerned!!!

I genuinely believe we win more games with a better QB. Now I know that’s not really going out on a limb but Heinecke’s arm just holds the team back. He can’t rifle passes in there and it causes a lot of issues with the scheme. He also can’t throw the ball deep to save his life so they’ve all but removed it from the playbook. Taylor is tough as nails and has a lot of moxie but his arm keeps him from being great. It’s really unfortunate because he has so much of what you want from a QB. I’d be totally fine with him being the starter to begin the season next year as Corral, Pickett or Willis is brought along slowly. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I genuinely believe we win more games with a better QB. Now I know that’s not really going out on a limb but Heinecke’s arm just holds the team back. He can’t rifle passes in there and it causes a lot of issues with the scheme. He also can’t throw the ball deep to save his life so they’ve all but removed it from the playbook. Taylor is tough as nails and has a lot of moxie but his arm keeps him from being great. It’s really unfortunate because he has so much of what you want from a QB. I’d be totally fine with him being the starter to begin the season next year as Corral, Pickett or Willis is brought along slowly. 

I personally believe we’re a much better team then this. Jamin is going to figure things out he needs reps and tape to see where he’s thinking and when he’s reacting how he’s doing the right things. I think we have been spoiled with rookie production as of late with instant impacts from guys like Terry, AG, Curl, and Chase and I’ll mention Cosmi because he’s been a solid player at a seriously difficult transition. That said I just think this team can win games currently constructed.

Execution and it’s just been a ton of missed opportunities and all year. Gibson has literally been tripped by his OL 3 plays where he was going to gain 40plus easy. Terry was actually doing very good at separating from Lattimore. But we didn’t get looks on most of those plays. 

I think the most exciting player is easily Willis. But your really really going to have to coach this guy. He is not Lamar Jackson and I think that’s the thing everyone is going to be upset thinking your getting. Lamar won Heismans at Louisville. Willis has traits. But I worry he might not develop because he has a ton to work on. As did Lamar but Lamar played huge in huge games. Playing at Liberty Willis has maximized against what they’ve played against. This matchup this week is going to be a telling game. Something that does help us is we have Terry. Most QB’s don’t get to have a go to saftey blanket early. But Willis is going to have to learn to process and go through progressions. I love the idea of Willis because then you can really get Gibson in space with Willis’s mobility. The biggest risk is def Willis. But he has elite tools. But can we design a offense for this guy?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Which is why I said I think this braintrust will pick him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Which is why I said I think this braintrust will pick him.

Sadly Thai I think it’s a real possibility. Willis could be elite. But if they thought Haskins needed work then I really shutter to think what they will do when they see where this guy is as a passer. They way Scott sets up the offense atleast with the 5 different QB’s the guy that looks the most like what they seem to conceptually run Corral and Pickett honestly remind me a lot of Taylor and Alex. Pickett maybe isn’t a military kid but he’s a coaches son does that count?🤔🤔🤔

I’ve watched Strong a lot. I love his weapons. And honestly he’s the best passer all around. But I actually think he’s playing on a similar leg as Alex was post injury. His body language throughout the game how he is constantly lifting his knee like his foot isn’t right like I read he completely blew his knee maybe he still suffers from drop foot. I could be wrong but I see things in his game that appears he is favoring his good leg and when he’s off balance from pressure he makes mistakes. I can def be wrong I don’t hear any draft people talking about it. But I have read multiple things about when he blew it out it’s the worse grade knee injury you can have it blew each ligament apparently.

• Like 1

I'm gonna bring up other positions than a quarterback. It seems like there are 4 ELITE prospects in this draft. They are Edge Thibodeaux, OT Evan Neal, S Kyle Hamilton, and CB Stingley. So picking at #5 could be a tough spot. I think if we end up in the top 4 it might be a mistake to draft a QB there. None of the QBs have set themselves into the very top of the draft yet I don't think, but that could change. I really like OT Evan Neal and I think the team could consider CB Derek Stingley as one of the last pieces for our defense. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, taylor made said:

I'm gonna bring up other positions than a quarterback. It seems like there are 4 ELITE prospects in this draft. They are Edge Thibodeaux, OT Evan Neal, S Kyle Hamilton, and CB Stingley. So picking at #5 could be a tough spot. I think if we end up in the top 4 it might be a mistake to draft a QB there. None of the QBs have set themselves into the very top of the draft yet I don't think, but that could change. I really like OT Evan Neal and I think the team could consider CB Derek Stingley as one of the last pieces for our defense. 

I think Hamilton is a legit option but I’d take Neal. I’m not saying Leno is playing bad but he can be upgraded and Neal would be a huge addition to this offense in the run and the pass. One thing this team has always had was good LT play since Theisman. I’d get that position locked down if he’s avalible. Then I actually have Hamilton above stingley. Strongly has had some injuries and he plays the more premier position but Hamilton is a stud. He and Curl could be special together. Wouldn’t be upset if Stingley was our pick I just worry about it because I you can’t hold up in college the NFL is even tougher

13 hours ago, taylor made said:

I’d be fine with Evan Neal or Stingley. I’d prefer not to pick a safety but my guess will always be they go QB. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Respectfully, I'd rather stab my eyes out. I know and understand what you're saying, but I physically, mentally, and emotionally,  can't watch the guy any longer.

7 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think Hamilton is a legit option but I’d take Neal. I’m not saying Leno is playing bad but he can be upgraded and Neal would be a huge addition to this offense in the run and the pass. One thing this team has always had was good LT play since Theisman. I’d get that position locked down if he’s avalible. Then I actually have Hamilton above stingley. Strongly has had some injuries and he plays the more premier position but Hamilton is a stud. He and Curl could be special together. Wouldn’t be upset if Stingley was our pick I just worry about it because I you can’t hold up in college the NFL is even tougher

I would take Neal too, but I am not sure he is a top 5 LT.  Right now I would say trade down a few spots.  Hamilton is intriguing, but I am not sure these coaches deserve another player to work with at safety.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I would take Neal too, but I am not sure he is a top 5 LT.  Right now I would say trade down a few spots.  Hamilton is intriguing, but I am not sure these coaches deserve another player to work with at safety.

Say we trade down and the team trading spots with us takes a QB. Can you imagine how bad things will look for this regime if they trade out of a QB and he ends up being good lol