2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

I don't think the Lions need to see more than one year of Goff to know that they need to move on from him.

I just want to see what they do. Do they give it another year and just load up with the top defender and then OL or another blue chip defender. Because They are actually doing what their coach said they are fighting hard. I could see them taking another year before they make the draft move for a QB

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Even that is yet to be determined.

If Jax is picking #1 or the Jets for example they will take Thibodeaux the DE from Oregon #1. 

Those teams may not want to trade out of that spot bc they may not want to lose out on Thibodeaux. 

Plus, there’s no guarantee that Corral goes 1.1 or that Willis doesn’t still over take home for the #1 spot. We also may be able to trade up and get him.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

I go by "if it happens today". I can see the Lions or Houston taking a QB. From there it gets murkier. 

Are the Giants committed to Daniel Jones? If not, they could trade up and trade both their firsts for 1.1

But would the Lions want to drop to 1.7 just to pick up 1.15 (to go with their other first rounder in 1.28)? But that brings up another point. If they do that they could use 1.7 and 1.15 to restock (or trade up) and then use 1.28 to trade down or trade out and pick up a first in 2023 in a draft that might be a bit better for QBs. This way they retain Goff one more year but improve the team and still have leverage to move up in 2023 if Goff craps the bed for two years straight. 

Philthy is also an enigma. How committed to Hurts will they be staring Willis in the face? Especially given that they could grab him and still use two more Top 10 picks to restock the team. They aren't adverse to trading QBs away for picks. So why not now?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I just want to see what they do. Do they give it another year and just load up with the top defender and then OL or another blue chip defender. Because They are actually doing what their coach said they are fighting hard. I could see them taking another year before they make the draft move for a QB

In that case. See my response to Turtle above. If the Giants come calling with both their firsts, do you trade out (if you're the Lions)?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s true, next years class looks like it should be better also. So, it might be smart for them to take Tibedeaux this year and then take a QB in round 1 next year.

Remains to be seen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

In that case. See my response to Turtle above. If the Giants come calling with both their firsts, do you trade out (if you're the Lions)?

They could or they could get that elite level edge talent could be Leal or The Oregon edge I don’t want to butcher spelling right now lol. If I was them I’d want one of the top 4 players if they were to move I’d think they should want to stay in the top level guys. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Really disappointed with what I saw in Ridder against Navy. 18/30 176 yds 2/1. You would think his stats would have been much better against an unranked opponent. 

Ridder has an amazing squad around him. Last year against Georgia when they need to come back his abilities to come back aren’t as flashy as his play when they are out front. His game is more along the Kirk Cousins early narrative where he takes what is given more so then having a gunslinger mentality. He has good wheels. But he doesn’t throw deep a lot and when he does it’s typically to 12. 12 is Ridders saftey blanket. Zach Wilson last year had Dax Milne. Ridder has a great OL and Ford is a stud RB. You pair that with Ridder and the RPO game its deadly. 
Ridder has talent. He manages things very well and generally protects the ball. That defense is legit legit. I’d like to get another Cincinnati defender this year is Sauce Gardiner. Man he’s a gamer!!! I could see him being a steal because the talent level in this class defensively.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Ridder has an amazing squad around him. Last year against Georgia when they need to come back his abilities to come back aren’t as flashy as his play when they are out front. His game is more along the Kirk Cousins early narrative where he takes what is given more so then having a gunslinger mentality. He has good wheels. But he doesn’t throw deep a lot and when he does it’s typically to 12. 12 is Ridders saftey blanket. Zach Wilson last year had Dax Milne. Ridder has a great OL and Ford is a stud RB. You pair that with Ridder and the RPO game its deadly. 
Ridder has talent. He manages things very well and generally protects the ball. That defense is legit legit. I’d like to get another Cincinnati defender this year is Sauce Gardiner. Man he’s a gamer!!! I could see him being a steal because the talent level in this class defensively.

I love Ford, he’s a stud. Cincinnati has one of the most athletic defenses I’ve seen. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

With what our options currently are I wish we could get involved in the Watson sweepstakes. We don’t have the draft capital nor can this franchise of all franchises take this kind of thing on at the moment. 

we are not allowed to target any type of QB that is good. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

With what our options currently are I wish we could get involved in the Watson sweepstakes. We don’t have the draft capital nor can this franchise of all franchises take this kind of thing on at the moment. 

We certainly have the draft capital and other young players we could trade to acquire him, such as Da’Ron Payne. The perception of this franchise is at an all time low, it can happen not go up from here. Seems like a good time to add a guy with some off the field questions who will most likely get past his issues and after continue to be great in the community in time as he has been for his entire career.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:52 PM, ripsean21 said:

Gotta be honest……..he should have hung this Navy squad out to dry this year.  That close of a game, including nearly being down at halftime, worries me about them being a legit contender for the CFP, as well as Ridder being a dude.  

• Like 5

17 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Gotta be honest……..he should have hung this Navy squad out to dry this year.  That close of a game, including nearly being down at halftime, worries me about them being a legit contender for the CFP, as well as Ridder being a dude.  

I personally feel like he benifits from the talent around him like most prolific college guys who struggle in the NFL. He has talent. But I personally don’t think he pushes the ball enough to succeed. He’s a dink and dunk guy for sure. He throws a pretty deep ball but it’s so rare when they play teams that have similar talent that I just don’t think he’s going to let it rip. Last year in their bowl game when Cincy needed him to bring them back it’s just not apart of his game atleast I haven’t seen him take games over with deep to intermediate game

• Like 1