2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

31 minutes ago, drew39k said:

The problem is that it's not 6 year. We keep blowing up the team and hiring new guys that want to implement different schemes and bring in their own guys. Everytime we do that we completely waste any and all resources that we had committed to the previous rebuild. Until we identify a rebuild plan and actually commit to it we are always going to be behind the 8 ball.

The bottom line is it has been six years, but what you say is 100% correct. With

out checking our history this could be the longest period of having a terrible team. I remember some bad team back in the eighties

14 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

According to Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline, sources inside the organization said the Jets aren’t happy with Becton thus far. Several people working with the team believe the 22-year-old taps out of plays and isn’t showing the work ethic required to be a quality NFL player.

Specifically, one of the biggest issues is his weight. Showing up to training camp heavier than he even was at the NFL Scouting Combine, the inability to maintain playing shape is a concern. Another problem area for New York is reportedly Becton’s maturity

at least Douglas tried.. but what a terrible draft 2020 was

For the most part these guy's have been hurt. I can't speak to the Becton issue. But Davis has been out since the injury, what about a year and only began playing a few games ago? I'm sure their is rust and trying to adjust to a new scheme. Becton has been out for more than half the season and will probably miss 2/3 of it? Using Mim's in such a sparing way and then throwing him into the mix is not a winning strategy. Perine is buried on the depth chart. Morgan signed elsewhere and Clarke had a spinal injury which could have been disastrous and who knows if he will ever play again. Mann, Hall and Becton have been good players but the injuries have played a major role in the 2020 draft. If there was one guy who disappoints it would be Zuniga "He" IMHO was a wasted pick in round 3.

7 hours ago, Big T said:

For the most part these guy's have been hurt. I can't speak to the Becton issue. But Davis has been out since the injury, what about a year and only began playing a few games ago? I'm sure their is rust and trying to adjust to a new scheme. Becton has been out for more than half the season and will probably miss 2/3 of it? Using Mim's in such a sparing way and then throwing him into the mix is not a winning strategy. Perine is buried on the depth chart. Morgan signed elsewhere and Clarke had a spinal injury which could have been disastrous and who knows if he will ever play again. Mann, Hall and Becton have been good players but the injuries have played a major role in the 2020 draft. If there was one guy who disappoints it would be Zuniga "He" IMHO was a wasted pick in round 3.

If this is 100% true this is just another disaster in the last six years.

In our last four games the defensive has given up 175 points. That is a average of 44 points a game. All those years of drafting defensive in the first round has been a total bust.

Now on offensive it looks like Becton, has one foot out the door and the other foot on a banana peal. And  what is the true story on Mims, he has been here 1 1/2 years and is a none factor.

I am tired of blaming coaches, the real blame has to be the Trust Fund Kids Woody & Chris. Can these two clowns should show some emotion after all those disasters losses over the last three out four games. Do something ever if it is just going into the locker room and turning over the buffet table after these games

The only bright spot has been the Half of football Wilson, played,  the rest of his playing time has been another disaster. The other bright spot was the great game White had. Ever time we hit rock bottom the next week is even worst.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I am tired of blaming coaches, the real blame has to be the Trust Fund Kids Woody & Chris

The problem with this is that they would then be lambasted for being meddling owners. IMO, the biggest problem has been the poor hiring practices of those two. They just never got it right. Then they change coaches and / or GM and the whole system changes leading to another “rebuild”.

Many believe we have the right GM this time who actually wants to build through the draft.  It will take time to do it that way, but when it happens, we should have what we always wanted - a team that competes year in and year out. Not just a one hit wonder. The real question ATM is do we have the right coaches?  Next year will answer that. 

7 hours ago, xrade said:

The problem with this is that they would then be lambasted for being meddling owners. IMO, the biggest problem has been the poor hiring practices of those two. They just never got it right. Then they change coaches and / or GM and the whole system changes leading to another “rebuild”.

Many believe we have the right GM this time who actually wants to build through the draft.  It will take time to do it that way, but when it happens, we should have what we always wanted - a team that competes year in and year out. Not just a one hit wonder. The real question ATM is do we have the right coaches?  Next year will answer that. 

Building thru the draft is the only way to go.  You can't build a team with FA pickups. FA  players should be used to fill one or two holes on a roster, like Belichick, does in New England. I think you are right about Douglas, he does want to build thru the draft. His problem is he is still cleaning up Macc, mess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Building thru the draft is the only way to go.  You can't build a team with FA pickups. FA  players should be used to fill one or two holes on a roster, like Belichick, does in New England. I think you are right about Douglas, he does want to build thru the draft. His problem is he is still cleaning up Macc, mess.

Agreed.  Woody and Chrissy are getting better as owners.  They learned that you can't have a coach and GM both reporting to them.  They don't really stick their noses in but will do what is needed, I guess.  The biggest issue ATM is coaching followed by talent.  I don't think Saleh and co. are putting the players in the best position to succeed which goes against what Saleh said at his introductory presser.  Fine.  Get the players you need to run your system.  Just do it quick and stop blowing smoke up our collective *****.