Broncos T Ja'Wuan James tears Achilles; Released from team

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Always liked Ja'Wuan when he was with the Dolphins. Hope he can salvage his career after this.

Given what he's done since joining Denver, I hope this is the end of the road for him. And it will be nice to see him losing some of his big payday as a result of some of his choices.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Update:

NFL and NFL teams are disgusting. 

You force players to work out away from team facilities, and then you do something like this when an injury happens away from it. 

Absolutely disgusting practices (that every team does, not picking on the Broncos). 

• Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 9:43 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

If you pay me $50 to mow your lawn, I cut a 5'x5' square in your lawn, and I get $40 from you out of the $50, do you feel you got your money's worth out of me?

The guy is a sally that can't play through a hang nail and used covid as an excuse to not play through the inevitable next hang nail.

He passed on $13 million dollars last year I think the opt out season pay was the most for Amy opt out. Let's be honest pat chung.wasnt playing anyway regardless just wanted more money I don't blame him.

5 hours ago, kramxel said:

You force players to work out away from team facilities, and then you do something like this when an injury happens away from it. 

Absolutely disgusting practices (that every team does, not picking on the Broncos). 

There have been players injured away from the team who have still gotten paid despite the team having no obligation to do so. But there is a reason team facilities are open to the players to work out. It's so they're protected and so the teams know exactly what is going on with players. Do I need to point out the obvious issues with holding teams responsible for what guys do away from their facilities? To start with, is a player being truthful with how he was injured, or was he working out in a safe manner? Teams don't know these things and have to take the word of players on these things.

In this specific case, James was a fat leech who stole paychecks from the Broncos since signing with them. If there was a player on the Steelers who signed a big money deal, proceeded to miss the entire season, and then opted out in the covid year only to get hurt because he then decided to boycott off-season workouts, I'd sure as hell hope the Steelers wouldn't pay that guy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kramxel said:

No one forced James to work out away from the team facilities, in fact just before his release was made official James blamed the NFLPA for not having players backs. Making it more likely that HE decided to do so following guidance from the NFLPA. 

Also, as @CKSteeler mentioned teams have been known to pay players that were injured away from team facilities.

Univ. of Miami alum (Michael Irvin, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James for example) all forgoe working out at team facilities to work out at those facilities with the approval of their respective teams. If any of them had been injured in those workouts they’d be covered because they let the organization know ahead of time what they were doing. 

• Like 5

I don’t know the language of the contract well. 

If James tore the tendon three weeks after the SB, doing drills at a home gym, is this still the outcome? It sucks for the player, but I get the team doing what it’s doing if they actually wanted the guy in the facility. But if it’s like an off-season workout, sure seems like a big risk to any player to just simply train.

10 hours ago, kramxel said:

If you want to blame someone for "forcing" him to work out away from team facilitles, blame the NFLPA. Teams WANT players to work out at team facilities to monitor progress..

• Like 2

On 5/15/2021 at 5:22 PM, Cutler06 said:

If you want to blame someone for "forcing" him to work out away from team facilitles, blame the NFLPA. Teams WANT players to work out at team facilities to monitor progress..

Oh, I was definitely including the NFLPA on the NFL package. Some of their stands make absolutely no sense, concerning player safety and financial security (which should be thei primary goals).

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Why blame the NFLPA?

Because they directed players not to report to team OTA's - but didn't negotiate coverage if players got injured off-facility, or at least have players be aware of the risk they were assuming.   

I'm about as anti-league when it comes to how the CBA has gone down in general, but the NFLPA taking that position, and not having liability covered either with direction for players to get insured, or ensuring players knew the full picture (James calling out the NFLPA to cover him shows this), is really mind-blowing.    It goes without saying the league and owners aren't angels here - but the NFLPA taking that stance clearly created this situation.    Either they should have negotiated this in the CBA last year.....or they should have had players fully understanding the risks (which clearly they didn't).     They really dropped the ball here.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2