Raiders sign CB Casey Hayward

Turnobili

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

You want to see him play well put him on the outside.  This team just sees his height assumes a position change.  They have done it to multiple players.  Try him on the outside first before you let him go.

Has Bradley ever had a 5’8 outside CB ? 

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

The list of 5'8 outside CBs throughout the league is probably pretty short. Can't think of one right now. 

I’m going a ways back Tyrone Poole. Antoine Winfield and Ricky Manning Jr were 5’9 probably the next closest 

8 hours ago, Roninho said:

It probably has more to do with Parker simply not being good enough for the NFL then an issue with moving him a position. There are a bunch of guys every year who get drafted and asked to switch position. 

Parker looked like he could start with more reps on the left.  The 2 games he started at LT he looked good and started to regress after he went to the right.  I needed to watch 1 series when we had Penn at RT to know he was not going to do will.  When a player has to think through there movements they are toast.

7 hours ago, Dessie said:

Has Bradley ever had a 5’8 outside CB ? 

Probably not.  Another situation where a draft pick might be wasted because of a scheme fit.  With how well he played on the outside in college you have to at least give him a shot.  Saying he can not do it because of his size without trying would be stupid.  The guy plays bigger than his size.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:59 AM, SimonGruber said:

I’m going a ways back Tyrone Poole. Antoine Winfield and Ricky Manning Jr were 5’9 probably the next closest 

I thought a guy named Mickens for the Jets. D. Green was 5'9 Terry McDaniel a whopping 5'10. I wanted Amik Bobcat to maul Hall when we play KC. 

On 5/6/2021 at 9:53 PM, G said:

I thought a guy named Mickens for the Jets. D. Green was 5'9 Terry McDaniel a whopping 5'10. I wanted Amik Bobcat to maul Hall when we play KC. 

I was hoping to see him go 1v1 with Hill but he looked lost in the slot.  If he gets a shot at playing on the outside I believe he will shock some people the same way if Parker can get some more reps at LT.  I do not want players to get injured but it might be the only way they get their shot no matter how well they practice.  Hill and Robertson seem to have the same demeanor and would be a great matchup to watch if Bobcat can elevate his game.  I see his ceiling as a slightly smaller Eric Allen.  At 5'8" with 30 inch arms you would have to scheme him away from players like Golladay, Robinson, and Kelce.  You could always bring a safety over to help or rotate in a player like Isaiah Johnson.  It was only year 1 so maybe he just had a typical rookie year compounded by changing positions with no real off-season.  Time will tell.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Same way John Pagano is a great DC probably.

Nobody said he was great or going to be great.  He did a good job of getting the defense to perform as soon as he got a shot.  He clearly understood the current players and how to get more out of them.  He had a more aggressive defense which led to more sacks and TOs.  The defense became better with Pagano and then got worse with Guenther.  I was angry that Gruden did not even think of him as an option and automatically gave the job to his buddy that ran a scheme Gruden was comfortable with.  They did it again this year when 3-4 DCs where thought to have been ruled out if I remember correctly.  I would understand Gruden wanting a OC that had a similar philosophy to him but how much is Gruden adding to the DC?

• Like 1