2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

41 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Look, again, I'm not saying Jacobs is terrible or anything like that just that he's not that special and can be replaced and his production replicable for cheaper. 

Yeah exactly especially when you factor in he will get $8m next year if we extend him, too rich for my liking. If we don’t extend him now is the time to trade. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Us passing on Faalele would be like us passing on Orlando Brown for Brandon Parker, just a terrible decision. Dude will be one of the best RT's in the league.

Faalele has the size but is not the same player Brown was in college.  Can he develop? Yes but right now he is not what Brown was in college.  Brown is a good LT that can play RT.  There is a reason why the 5.4 40 number is used by teams.  The bust rate is ridiculously high.  Brown is an outlier.

I’d take Df, with pro coaching, a chip on his shoulder possibly, and the desire for a bigger paycheck after he slid a little? But what do I know, I liked a guy that was “too stiff etc” to play LT, but started 52 straight games at LSU.....just based on that I liked him....Andrew whitworth? Yeah, he turned out ok. Lmao! The point is? Ya never know!

NY should like this.... make the moves and gimme muma, DF, and ridgeway in any order. That would be saaweeet imo. Then find depth. Might cost a pick or 2 (maybe a future pick?) but those 3 would be excellent additions in my humble amateur opinion. Hey, I can dream. 👍😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Lol of course he had better numbers Najee stayed healthy but if you do the math Jacobs numbers similar for 17 game average

Jacob’s was one of the leading rushers in the league with a good OL as a rookie. I don’t see why he can’t have a monster year if we open more holes. When the OL came on late, he thrived.

29 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Using that number it's still not that many but I'm interested to see your list.

Not many?

Saquan, Fournette, Ekeler, Hunt, Javante Williams, Swift, Taylor, Akers, Dobbins, Sanders, and Antonio Gibson I think most wouldn't need to think about. There's more I'd have to think more about though. 

28 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jacob’s was one of the leading rushers in the league with a good OL as a rookie. I don’t see why he can’t have a monster year if we open more holes. When the OL came on late, he thrived.

I hope. Would love nothing more than it to happen especially for what he's going to command for that fifth year option

31 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I hope. Would love nothing more than it to happen especially for what he's going to command for that fifth year option

8 mil right? That’s not bad at all. I wouldn’t go more than that, but it really is not his fault our OL was so bad at run blocking last year. It was bottom 3 per metrics IIRC

51 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

8 mil right? That’s not bad at all. I wouldn’t go more than that, but it really is not his fault our OL was so bad at run blocking last year. It was bottom 3 per metrics IIRC

Yeah, 8. I wouldn't care about it if Adams and Carr's future contract weren't going to handcuff us. We're going to need to save somewhere and IMO might as well be the position that's easiest to fill and easiest to transition from college to the pros. 

• Like 1