2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

After today we might have to take Wyatt at 22 if we want him and I am sure the teams that took him off their board are probably rethinking that decision.  A lot of these DTs made some money today.  We have said that about a few groups so far.  

One player that caught my attention and at first for the wrong reason was DJ Davidson.  I am pretty sure it was him but could be wrong.  He looks really out of shape but then in the drills he showed very good movement and feet.  Will have to watch some of his games but he looked good.

Wyatt is nice

• Like 1

Davis at 22 would be tough to pass, not that i expect him to make it. It was supposed to be a weak draft but at some positions its looking pretty decent. 

May have to take a DT and save WR for Rd 2... 

Sign Chark, Draft WR or OT rd 2

or

Sign Chark size/speed

Sign RT 

1st Draft DT
2nd rd WR after a trade up to go get a decent WR.

Then BPA rest

Edited by roi34

18 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Davis at 22 would be tough to pass, not that i expect him to make it. It was supposed to be a weak draft but at some positions its looking pretty decent. 

May have to take a DT and save WR for Rd 2... 

Sign Chark, Draft WR or OT rd 2

or

Sign Chark size/speed

Sign RT 

1st Draft DT
2nd rd WR after a trade up to go get a decent WR.

Then BPA rest

I’d say we need to come out of FA with a WR, OT/G and CB all capable of starting then we can look at the draft from a BPA perspective. CB is a huge need if Hayward isn’t resigned. 

We need immediate starters in those positions otherwise we are drafting for need.

Just now, Dessie said:

I’d say we need to come out of FA with a WR, OT/G and CB all capable of starting then we can look at the draft from a BPA perspective. CB is a huge need if Hayward isn’t resigned. 

We need immediate starters in those positions otherwise we are drafting for need.

Would be also nice to sign a veteran DT too, who could play that Leo Williams role...

11 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Would be also nice to sign a veteran DT too, who could play that Leo Williams role...

I think we could get a DT in round 2 tbh that could start, not sure we can get a OT/G, CB or WR that could start round 2 onwards. That’s why I would focus on those positions in FA. 

52 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I think we could get a DT in round 2 tbh that could start, not sure we can get a OT/G, CB or WR that could start round 2 onwards. That’s why I would focus on those positions in FA. 

i feel like WR depth rds 1-3 is pretty good depending how many get taken. DT ok as well. 

• Like 1

Been talking up Jordan Davis for months. He's a top 15 pick. Always has been. He's already a fantastic run stopping force. You can teach him how to rush the passer. The 10 yard split showed that. 

No chance he make it to 22 now which honestly sucks, because he's going to be a game changer wherever he lands.

• Like 4

Here we are enamored with athleticism and ignoring the fact that he's mostly going to be a 2 down player who has problems keeping his weight down. That's fine people here are doing it bc literally everyone does it. Yes, it's very impressive that he can move like that for someone at his size but that last part is a big problem..... no pun intended lol

25 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Here we are enamored with athleticism and ignoring the fact that he's mostly going to be a 2 down player who has problems keeping his weight down. That's fine people here are doing it bc literally everyone does it. Yes, it's very impressive that he can move like that for someone at his size but that last part is a big problem..... no pun intended lol

actually ok with getting wyatt

39 minutes ago, roi34 said:

i feel like WR depth rds 1-3 is pretty good depending how many get taken. DT ok as well. 

I like the depth at WR but don’t think we could rely on any of the non 1st rounders being an instant starter. 

15 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

With someone that big I just worry about conditioning and what he offers as a pass rusher. Hankins is HUGE, but he offers nothing on 3rd down. If Jones/Winfrey can offer something in round 2 and can also play the run, I'd prefer that to davis at 22. I do really like Devonte Wyatt. I'd take him at 22 or with a trade down.

There is reason to worry I heard he only played 30% of the plays. There could be a couple of reasons for that conditioning or the blowing out the other team but its something to coaches have to look into

• Like 1