17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

1. DeMarvin Leal | DT | Texas A&M

2. Drake London | WR | USC

3. Brandon Smith | LB | Penn State

4. Tyler Smith | OL | Tulsa

5. Tariq Woolen | CB | UTSA 

5. Andrew Stueber | OT | Michigan 

7. Cory Durden | DL | NC State

This is be a good draft IMHO. But for London we would have to trade I think (like we did for Moehrig this year) 

Would the 5th round pick we got from New England enough? 

2 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

This is be a good draft IMHO. But for London we would have to trade I think (like we did for Moehrig this year) 

Would the 5th round pick we got from New England enough? 

I'm assuming we'll be picking at like 8th or 9th if we lose out. London fractured his ankle on Halloween so I don't think he'll be able to participate in any pre-draft stuff which could push him down the board.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

1. DeMarvin Leal | DT | Texas A&M

2. Drake London | WR | USC

3. Brandon Smith | LB | Penn State

4. Tyler Smith | OL | Tulsa

5. Tariq Woolen | CB | UTSA 

5. Andrew Stueber | OT | Michigan 

7. Cory Durden | DL | NC State

That’d be an amazing draft.  This isn’t meant as a shot at the guy who said London won’t be there In the second but…. Just because he’s considered as a late first (usually around the early 20s at earliest) doesn’t mean he can’t “fall” (I don’t like that word choice but don’t have a better one at the moment) 15-20 spots and be there for us in the early to mid 40s.  London is pretty unanimously considered the 4th WR behind Wilson+Olave from OSU then Burks at Arkansas.  But Jameson Williams is pretty neck And neck with London and could easily be picked first based on a better fit with a team.  He could also jump above London if he has a good combine.  The 5th WR usually goes in the late first to mid 40s.  So I think London is an optimistic yet very realistic pick.  
Which brings me to…. Who isn’t going to be a little optimistic posting a mock draft.  Should we all pull a MayocK and reach on every pick?

I think there’s a good chance we win 0-1 more games and could be picking 7-15.  

15 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

#1 on my board for the Raiders, but I think he’ll be gone by the time we’re on the clock.

I’d absolutely love if we could get Hamilton without having to trade up more then a few spots.

Hamilton is an Absolute beast and IMO would form an Amazing Safety Duo with Moehrig.  It’d allow us to run more schemes then Bradley’s IMO “outdated” Cover 3.  Both safeties can play high and play in the box.  That allows us to do soooo many different things.

but to get Hamilton I think we’d need the luck of him sliding a bit AND the team to lose every remaining game.  But one can dream, right? He’d be an Amazing player to have.

On 12/14/2021 at 11:35 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah I'm down for a day 2 receiver as well if we can get a nice WR in FA and we go DT/LB in Rd 1.

I definitely wouldn’t mind George Pickens or David Bell in round 2.  I’ve seen Justyn Ross projected as a 3rd rounder mainly due to the major injury concerns after getting spinal fusion surgery last season.  While I do think he was “overhyped” prior to the surgery when he was expected to be a top 10 pick, I still think he can be a good WR2 in the league.  

Ugh…. I really wish Edwards would have progressed more this season.  He has show nice skills but is non-existent 90% of the time.  

I think everyone can agree that we need to add a WR with the speed to open up the offense like Ruggs ‘did.  Do we do that via the draft or in FA?  What does everyone think?  
Id be totally against signing Will Fuller or John Ross unless it was for near the veteran minimum AND they’d be honestly competing for a Roster ala John Brown this year (Except for the fact Brown was paid 3.75M then had his REQUEST for a release granted and kept all the money…. Ridiculous!). 

• Like 1

I'm liking the idea of trading away Carr and Waller and going for a rebuild.  Maybe try and get Panthers first for Carr and a top 20 pick for Waller, if not look to get a 2023 1st for him and try and get lucky.

We need help all over the roster so u just want good players and I'm not going to be that o

Picky on position just try and get more valuable ones.

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’d be an amazing draft.  This isn’t meant as a shot at the guy who said London won’t be there In the second but…. Just because he’s considered as a late first (usually around the early 20s at earliest) doesn’t mean he can’t “fall” (I don’t like that word choice but don’t have a better one at the moment) 15-20 spots and be there for us in the early to mid 40s.  London is pretty unanimously considered the 4th WR behind Wilson+Olave from OSU then Burks at Arkansas.  But Jameson Williams is pretty neck And neck with London and could easily be picked first based on a better fit with a team.  He could also jump above London if he has a good combine.  The 5th WR usually goes in the late first to mid 40s.  So I think London is an optimistic yet very realistic pick.  
Which brings me to…. Who isn’t going to be a little optimistic posting a mock draft.  Should we all pull a MayocK and reach on every pick?

I think there’s a good chance we win 0-1 more games and could be picking 7-15.  

I think London's draft stock will take a hit due to his ankle injury, not sure he'll be able to workout at all before the draft. George Pickens is another WR that I think will go in the same range as London although he also has some injury concerns. They're both big bodied WR's 

Jahan Dotson is another guy in around the same range, I've seen him compared to Diontae Johnson and I think that's a nice way to describe his game. Not the biggest or fastest guy but he just has a knack for getting open.

5 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I'm liking the idea of trading away Carr and Waller and going for a rebuild.  Maybe try and get Panthers first for Carr and a top 20 pick for Waller, if not look to get a 2023 1st for him and try and get lucky.

Trade Carr to the Saints for their 1st/3rd and Waller to the Packers for their first and a future pick.

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I definitely wouldn’t mind George Pickens or David Bell in round 2.  I’ve seen Justyn Ross projected as a 3rd rounder mainly due to the major injury concerns after getting spinal fusion surgery last season.  While I do think he was “overhyped” prior to the surgery when he was expected to be a top 10 pick, I still think he can be a good WR2 in the league.  

Ugh…. I really wish Edwards would have progressed more this season.  He has show nice skills but is non-existent 90% of the time.  

I think everyone can agree that we need to add a WR with the speed to open up the offense like Ruggs ‘did.  Do we do that via the draft or in FA?  What does everyone think?  
Id be totally against signing Will Fuller or John Ross unless it was for near the veteran minimum AND they’d be honestly competing for a Roster ala John Brown this year (Except for the fact Brown was paid 3.75M then had his REQUEST for a release granted and kept all the money…. Ridiculous!). 

George Pickens flashes a ton of talent but after watching him a little bit more I see a lot of Bryan Edwards in his game and he's coming off of fa torn ACL. If we're going WR in the second I'd prefer Drake London but as you said earlier it's probably optimistic to think he falls that far down the board. Jahan Dotson is someone that has caught my eye while watching WR, Dotson and Renfrow would be a hell of a duo.

I'd love to sign Will Fuller on a 1 year veteran minimum deal. He has been extremely disappointing for Miami so he'll likely be looking for a 1 year deal to rebuild his stock. Fuller is only 27 and was on the cusp of a major breakout season with Houston in 2020 before he got suspended and is a guy who could potentially provide a Ruggs level talent for our offense if he's healthy.

On 12/18/2021 at 1:29 AM, NYRaider said:

George Pickens flashes a ton of talent but after watching him a little bit more I see a lot of Bryan Edwards in his game and he's coming off of fa torn ACL. If we're going WR in the second I'd prefer Drake London but as you said earlier it's probably optimistic to think he falls that far down the board. Jahan Dotson is someone that has caught my eye while watching WR, Dotson and Renfrow would be a hell of a duo.

I'd love to sign Will Fuller on a 1 year veteran minimum deal. He has been extremely disappointing for Miami so he'll likely be looking for a 1 year deal to rebuild his stock. Fuller is only 27 and was on the cusp of a major breakout season with Houston in 2020 before he got suspended and is a guy who could potentially provide a Ruggs level talent for our offense if he's healthy.

Neither Fuller or Ross has played a full season in their career. I don’t like the idea of relying on an injury prone player to be our primary deep threat. Maybe near the vet minimum with a chance to compete but nothing more than that.