2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Willis will go in the top 15 picks. He can make throws not many QBs can. Has elite speed and elusiveness. 

A team in the top 15 will take a shot they can correct his flaws for his arm and speed talent. 

Yep. he reminds me of Kermit. Everyone thought Reid was nuts. But he saw the intangibles he wanted and went for it.

• Like 1

Man AJ Terrell over Arnette is still killing me. He was my boy. Look, regardless of position, I just hope we get a really good player this year. If Dean is there, you take him IMO. If Gardner is there (yes I rewatched and he impressed me), you take him. If Leal is there, you take him. If Jameson Williams is there, you take him. Just take good players. Hate this reach for need bull****. And if you need to trade a 3rd/4th to move up a few spots to secure your guy, please do it Mayock or whoever. Mayock finally figured it out and moved up for Moehrig at least.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Man AJ Terrell over Arnette is still killing me. He was my boy. Look, regardless of position, I just hope we get a really good player this year. If Dean is there, you take him IMO. If Gardner is there (yes I rewatched and he impressed me), you take him. If Leal is there, you take him. If Jameson Williams is there, you take him. Just take good players. Hate this reach for need bull****. And if you need to trade a 3rd/4th to move up a few spots to secure your guy, please do it Mayock or whoever. Mayock finally figured it out and moved up for Moehrig at least.

No need to trade up, there are always players in the first round. I think we're reading too much into these bad batch of picks. This staff is just bad at evaluating. I wouldn't be surprised if they had Arnette ranked over Terrell and still would have picked him even if Terrell was there (see Ferrell>Allen and Leatherwood>Darrisaw). When the draft was live, I remember the Raiders being in a tight spot because the team needs and player value didn't exactly align; but there were still a ton of good prosects still on the board, particularly at linebacker and receiver.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Would you trade up for him BP?

Really early to make that call. And it would depend largely on who the new HC is

If he's in that 12-15 range, I might pull the trigger assuming he can red shirt year 1. I wouldn't trade for him thinking I can start him his rookie year.

I think he will need the right foundation and coaching. He's a lot like Mahomes coming out. Big time skill set, consistency being an issue and needed the right coaching and time to develop. 

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Terrell was gone at 16 before the Raiders took Arnette. I remember reading the Raiders liked Terrell and the Arnette pick felt like a panic selection after Atlanta took him. 

Agree on the rest. Stop reaching and take the best player. If if you feel you need a certain spot, take the obvious best player. Stop trying to outsmart everyone. 

I need Mayock as far away from this team as possible. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Over his last month of college football at the prestigious Liberty he had like 4 TD, 7 INT, 52% comp. #1Pick

He played at Liberty.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Mahomes was a prolific passer in the Big 12, Malik Willis was average at Liberty.

Again... Liberty. What talent was there at Liberty college around him? Comparing Texas Tech to Liberty.... yeesh.

Josh Allen played at Wyoming (which still has more talent than Liberty) and was a mechanical mess, inconsistent, not accurate, had no touch on his ball. He was raw and drafted on traits.

Nobody is said Willis is "#1pick". I am saying he has enough traits that a HC/GM can look at him and say we can make something special out of him. Especially in an otherwise down QB draft. 

Same as the draft Allen came out. He was raw with big time traits. Baker, Darnold, Rosen were all the safe bets. Which guy is taking his team to the playoffs? 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He played at Liberty.

Again... Liberty. What talent was there at Liberty college around him? Comparing Texas Tech to Liberty.... yeesh.

Josh Allen played at Wyoming (which still has more talent than Liberty) and was a mechanical mess, inconsistent, not accurate, had no touch on his ball. He was raw and drafted on traits.

Nobody is said Willis is "#1pick". I am saying he has enough traits that a HC/GM can look at him and say we can make something special out of him. Especially in an otherwise down QB draft. 

Same as the draft Allen came out. He was raw with big time traits. Baker, Darnold, Rosen were all the safe bets. Which guy is taking his team to the playoffs? 

Let those QB be a Warning, it takes much more to be a QB in the NFL then any of us realize.

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Loved Terrell through the process. Also, we need to stop telegraphing our picks everyone knew we were going CB and got jumped.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Over his last month of college football at the prestigious Liberty he had like 4 TD, 7 INT, 52% comp. #1Pick

Josh Allen’s stats were similarly lackluster (especially completion %) at Wyoming. Teams are looking at ceiling and development potential way more than they are at college production. He has all the tools one could want for a franchise QB.

It remains to be seen if he has the processing aptitude, passion for growth, and leadership presence to maximize his development but he certainly has the raw tools. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Terrell was gone at 16 before the Raiders took Arnette. I remember reading the Raiders liked Terrell and the Arnette pick felt like a panic selection after Atlanta took him. 

Agree on the rest. Stop reaching and take the best player. If if you feel you need a certain spot, take the obvious best player. Stop trying to outsmart everyone. 

I need Mayock as far away from this team as possible. 

Yeah IK we should have traded up a few spots.

• Like 1