Joe Thomas leaves game with arm injury, Consecutive snaps streak ends at 10,363 snaps

hornbybrown

19 hours ago, El ramster said:

Should have traded him a long time ago,..

Nah.  Thomas should end his career as a Brown.  It sucks that he has been on a team that never really had a chance to make the postseason the majority of his career, but the Browns are such a storied franchise with amazing fans.  I wouldn't blame him one bit if he wanted a chance to win on a different team, but I would love to see him stay a Brown for the rest of his career.

Just now, showtime said:

Nah.  Thomas should end his career as a Brown.  It sucks that he has been on a team that never really had a chance to make the postseason the majority of his career, but the Browns are such a storied franchise with amazing fans.  I wouldn't blame him one bit if he wanted a chance to win on a different team, but I would love to see him stay a Brown for the rest of his career.

There's no honor or points won for playing for a crappy organization. You get no bonus points. Just flat out stupid. 

Same with Steven Jackson, Wasted all his prime years playing for a loser. Rams should have traded him while he had value.

You don't pay someone that much money when they simply can't help you win. Browns aren't good with him..  Move on and make the right

tactical move and get more picks. Absolutely a tragedy that a career of that magnitude was wasted on that dump. 

Just now, El ramster said:

There's no honor or points won for playing for a crappy organization. You get no bonus points. Just flat out stupid. 

Same with Steven Jackson, Wasted all his prime years playing for a loser. Rams should have traded him while he had value.

You don't pay someone that much money when they simply can't help you win. Browns aren't good with him..  Move on and make the right

tactical move and get more picks. Absolutely a tragedy that a career of that magnitude was wasted on that dump. 

It happens.  Unfortunately everyone can't be on a championship caliber team.  Tons of great players in all sorts of sports have never won a championship.  Joe Thomas has had an amazing individual career, but football is the ultimate team sport.  You say, "you don't pay someone that much money when they simply can't help you win" and that makes no sense.  The Browns have been trying to win, that's why they didn't trade their best player over the last decade.  Unfortunately for the Browns, most of the moves they have made have not worked out, especially at the quarterback position - but the team is and has been trying to win.

25 minutes ago, El ramster said:

See: 

Paul George

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Does Pacers Doe

Yeah well.. Those Indians, Those browns, Those Cavs and lebron jersey burning fans.Kyrie doe. Yeah.. For sure bro.. 

You wanted to take it there? We took it there. I simply stated facts. You can get a tattoo of Joe Thomas on your chest for all i care.

That LOYALTY DOE. 

"Am I done playing? I don't know," Thomas said. "I think that's a decision that's best talked about in the offseason."

Wouldn't be at all shocked if that were it for him. While he's still a great tackle, he's obviously up there in age, he's made plenty of money, and it has to be draining mentally to stick with the Browns through all the losing shenanigans. He's the type of guy that knew he was going to be a top 5 pick and still elected to go fishing rather than attend the draft. Certainly wouldn't put it past him to just be like, yep, that's it. 

Archived