Dallas Rookie Minicamp News and Notes

Texas_OutLaw7

16 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Sounds like their plan is not turning him into a 1T long run. I get it. Makes me think Trysten Hill could be on the roster bubble.

This is an interesting note. I sure hope Hill puts it together, though. I think our best hypothetical DL probably features him as as the starter at 3-tech. He'll never be anyone's favorite, but to his credit he showed a lot of growth from Year 1 to 2. Keep in mind he's actually younger than Gallimore, too.

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

This is an interesting note. I sure hope Hill puts it together, though. I think our best hypothetical DL probably features him as as the starter at 3-tech. He'll never be anyone's favorite, but to his credit he showed a lot of growth from Year 1 to 2. Keep in mind he's actually younger than Gallimore, too.

Interesting.

Hill definitely showed progression, especially as a penetrator. But he was also moved off the ball in the run game very easily. And now he’s recovering from an Achilles injury rather than continuing to progress. 

By the end of his rookie year, I felt like Gallimore was actually an upgrade to what Hill had shown earlier in the season. Certainly not perfect, but providing a lot of big plays. He played the 14th most snaps on defense, and had the 8th most splash plays according to Sturm.

I guess my feeling is that they’d be roughly equivalent coming into this season, but the injury puts Hill way behind the ball. Add in that he’s a hand selection from the previous head coach’s regime, and I think his chances to be our top DT are slim to none.