Packers/Saints Postgame

incognito_man

Who was good this week? Aaron Jones appeared to be. Damarious Randall seemed to quietly be. Nick Perry had some pressures. Davon House made a few plays. No one in the receiving game did. Anyone on the OL do well? We didn't get anymore injuries there at least.

McCarthy seemed to have a bad gameplan and some bad play calls. HHCD seems to continue to struggle. DL didn't do much all game. Kevin King struggled in a few key spots. TyMont isn't effective doing anything anymore. Davis/Williams had a terrible decision combo on ST's that killed our chances to win this game.

On to the best week left on our schedule: the bye.

Just about what I was thinking might happen.   Same concepts on O in the passing game.  

Run game was very effective.  Some questionable play calls on the sweeps on the drive that started deep in GB territory.

D got manhandled.  Could not slow down the run or the pass.  GOt the 2 TO early, but could not capitalize on them.  

Need to regroup, get fully healthy and make a run at the division in the 2 games after the bye.

We are on to the bye

Went in expecting the defense to get carved up so their performance didn't surprise me or upset me. We know what this unit is. The 2 INT were nice though and it helped keep the Saints under 30 which was something I wasn't expecting. Best thing about the 2 INT was they were both in blanket coverage, something we rarely have seen this season from Packers CB's

Bigger problem for me was the offense, specifically McCarthy. Expected a better gameplan with a week to prepare with Hundley....then expected some better halftime adjustments when the passing game wasn't getting going. We got neither.

It's starting to look like the only real positive the rest of this season is the fact that GB looks to have finally found their future RB in Aaron Jones

Thoroughly out coached.  There is no attempt to creatively use skill players, and hasn’t been in awhile.  Not good.  

The skill players are plenty talented, they just aren’t put in good spots.  Josh McCown tore up a good defense today with Robbie Andersen and Jermaine Kearse.  

Positives: Aaron Jones, first half defense

Negatives: STs, second half all phases

I had counted this game as a L in my playoff watch but I honestly didn't expect it to be this bad. Hundley hasn't shown anything yet (3.4 ypa is laughably bad) and MM showed his most terrible self. Messed up the end of the first half, didn't trust Hundley at all and the offense was as vanilla as a preseason game. Just terrible overall.

1 minute ago, jontat83 said:

Positives? Aaron Jones and I thought our defense held up well in the first half and generated two turnovers.

I think I lip-read him saying something about "this ******* offense" after Hundley's INT, though it might have been some Freudian slip-read by me.

Defense made a few plays early and then took the rest of the day off .. totally dominated in the run game all day and soft coverage for the majority of the game. 

On offense ... I think mccarthy was too conservative.  He just didn't trust hundley enough to really open things up.  Our botched drive before the half cost us points.  Just too many mistakes all around to beat a quality team.  Time of possession got way out of control.  It looked like a game we could win thru 3 quarters. 

Archived