Ryan Kerrigan to the Eagles

MikeT14

4 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

It was in response to some of the other posters as well. But I'm just pointing out their overconfidence in themselves and responding to notion that really any team can think they are about to rise to the top of NFCE when nobody has won it twice in a row in a decade. Not to mention their team doesn't have an established franchise QB and barely won seven games. That doesn't exactly scream "We're on the rise".

Barely won 7 games is kinda silly. Alex Smith got hurt before we played the Seahawks and the Panthers. Up to that point he was 4-1 as a starter and a bad Chase Young penalty against the Lions from being 5-0. We got stuck playing Haskins who couldn’t complete a pass and still nearly won the Seahawks game and hung around in the Panthers game. Im not saying we would’ve won both games with Smith starting but based on how the team played with him on the field we would’ve had a much better chance of doing so. 

Fitzpatrick, while admittedly not my favorite player, is most likely on par with the last version of Alex Smith we saw plus an improved defense so I think the chance of repeating is pretty good. 

4 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

Y'all act like youre dominating the division. You won 7 games last year and probably would have been 6 if the Eagles gave half a sh** about winning a pointless game. Only homerism and bias could convince you that Washington is in the the driver's seat to win the East. Your team doesn't have a starting quality QB and no team has repeated as NFCE champs in like 15 years. 

The amount of WTF big chesting in this thread is pure comedy. They sure are maximizing the singular year that media heads think they'll be better than us. And the hilarious part is, they're only predicted to win like 8 or 9 games lmao. I've never seen a more cocky fan base of a borderline WC team or best case scenario 4 seed. It's just great material. Just salty he's with us now, and that we're a better team now than we were yesterday.

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

You WTF fans sure are salty and big chested after being largely irrelevant and laughably dysfunctional for my entire 29 years on this earth. Y'all just sound butt hurt that he's on a division rival. It's a bad look man. Your fan base is used to those looks though so it's all good. Especially you.

I mean, none of us are butt hurt. The majority of us wish him well and hope he continues his stellar career. If you want to talk about salt and butt hurt you should read your responses to this thread. 

• Like 2

Just now, lavar703 said:

I mean, none of us are butt hurt. The majority of us wish him well and hope he continues his stellar career. If you want to talk about salt and butt hurt you should read your responses to this thread. 

I mean to highjack a thread and turn it into an "I feel bad for him, he's on an awful team now" screams salty to me. You can wish him well and be salty about a rival getting him at the same time. Sorry, but one of your all time greats is an Eagle now. Every post from a WTF fan has been about him being on a bad Eagles team. Nothing else y'all care to bring to the table besides your totally unbiased opinion on what kind of team we'll be?

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean to highjack a thread and turn it into an "I feel bad for him, he's on an awful team now" screams salty to me. You can wish him well and be salty about a rival getting him at the same time. Sorry, but one of your all time greats is an Eagle now. Every post from a WTF fan has been about him being on a bad Eagles team. Nothing else y'all care to bring to the table besides your totally unbiased opinion on what kind of team we'll be?

I don’t think the Eagles have a great shot at winning a super bowl this year. Kerrigan also has never been one of my favorite players so I’m not bummed at all about him going to the Eagles. I’m happy the dude gets to continue playing and doing what he loves and where does that has no affect on me.

Now, me saying the Eagles don’t have much of a shot at the Super Bowl doesn’t mean I think it’s a poverty franchise or you guys suck. I personally believe you guys are rebuilding after shipping away your QB and teams have to do that from time to time. I think you have some exciting young talent and are building a solid foundation. There’s no salt here but I’ve personally never disliked the Eagles as much as I have the Cowboys or Giants. And for what it’s worth, I don’t believe we have much of a shot at the Super Bowl either. Fitzpatrick sucks.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah your powerhouse New York Giants who have been our personal doormat for the past how many years? Your outlook is so superior lmao. Still salty about DeVonta? Have fun with that gadget brah.

Defensive much? And the only one thinking about DeVonta in this thread is you. 

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Well considering we're the same competitive team as last year that only improved through the draft and FA and got a QB that is at worst on equal footing as last year, yeah I'd say we're a team to consider as "on the rise". The NFC East will be a blood bath again, and the tougher schedule will be brutal, but we'll be competitive. And I think most everyone would agree to that outside of maybe you. The team won't win more than 9-10 games if that many at all, but that again might be enough to win the East again. 

At what point did it sound like I thought the NFCE had a clear winner? Its absolutely a toss up between basically Cowboys, Giants and WFT. WFT could wine 9-10 games or they could win 6-8 games 

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yeesh, for what’s supposed to be such a “tough” fan base, some of you guys are a little...sensitive. 

Sorry for making two statements — “WFT seems to be on the rise” and “Philly looks to be entering a bit of a rebuilding period” — that damn near every football fan outside of eastern PA/southern Jersey would agree are likely true. Didn’t mean to arouse your ire with that (purposefully gently worded) statement of the general consensus.

Not trying to crown the WFT here. I think the NFC East is pretty wide open — I actually think it’s a fairly even 3-horse race. It’s just a bummer because the team Kerrigan ended up going to isn’t one of those 3 horses, in my book at least. If he’s not going to be with us, I wanted to see him go somewhere that he’d have a real shot at some of the postseason glory he missed out on for most of his career. Sorry that ruffled your feathers so badly.

Calling us sensitive when every WFT fan in here is salty? I'm just providing some perspective to WFT fans who think the Eagles are somehow a lowly franchise while the WFT are somehow some super desirable destination. Yes, I expect WFT to be better than the Eagles. No, I don't think they are definitely better than the Giants or Cowboys. They could easily be 3rd in a terrible division. 

This is why I love being a WFT fan.

What its like on our board...

Pre Draft "Oh we lost Scott. He was the backbone of our drafts. Our drafts are gonna suck forever."....

Draft happens. "OMG this is the greatest draft class ever! I never heard of half of them. But their Youtube highlight reel that last all of 24 seconds and 4 plays shows me we drafted a Pro Bowler!"

Offseason WFT Board Fans : "Were gonna win the division. Could win up to 10-12 games! Deep playoff run coming! Gonna destroy the Eagles!"

WFT Board Fans During Season : "We gotta lose this. And every week if we stand a chance to draft a qb. We need to go 0-16. Come on, please beat us Eagles. You can do it!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean, your post in the Bobby McCain thread is about as salty as it gets 😂. It’s not like just Washington fans are the only people expecting the Eagles to be a bottom-tier team this year. PFF has them as the 3rd worst team in the league after running 10,000 simulations on the upcoming season.

No need to take your anger and frustration out on us, we come in peace lol. 

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Eagles will be picking top 5 next yr, I believe. They won't win 6 games next yr. They're horrible...

Not as bothered by this, as some. Art Monk was an Eagle, Brian Mitchell & James Thrash were as well.

I'm just glad he didn't go to Dallas or Giants. They will be very competitive with us already. 

We'll sweep Philly next yr, I believe. Just like last yr.

Honestly, I remember Thrash as an Eagle. I had completely forgotten he was a Red...Football Teammate.