2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

So to be clear...once Watson has dealt with the legal issues, and is imposed a jail time/fine/suspension, or whatever...that will satisfy you enough to welcome him on your football team?  As you were ok with Hunt dealing with his legal issues, and then accepting him on your team?

Time heals all...sorta.

Eventually Watson's scarlet letter will fade but currently it's still being drawn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

So to be clear...once Watson has dealt with the legal issues, and is imposed a jail time/fine/suspension, or whatever...that will satisfy you enough to welcome him on your football team?  As you were ok with Hunt dealing with his legal issues, and then accepting him on your team?

Sure. After he is innocent or guilty, after that he can play.  I never said he’s guilty as it stands right now.  I don’t think I would risk my job on trading for him today though.  If he is found innocent I see no issue with him being on the team. 

If it goes another way do you think he should be on the team?

1 hour ago, JDD said:

Sure. After he is innocent or guilty, after that he can play.  I never said he’s guilty as it stands right now.  I don’t think I would risk my job on trading for him today though.  If he is found innocent I see no issue with him being on the team. 

If it goes another way do you think he should be on the team?

I won't stop being a Browns fan regardless.  Those that are threatening their fandom are being a little disingenuous imo.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Soooo….

When OBJ wins Super Bowl MVP….

……gonna be kind of awkward

Not really. It's 100% obvious his effort was different here than it was in LA. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to **** on Baker.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I won't stop being a Browns fan regardless.  Those that are threatening their fandom are being a little disingenuous imo.

Fair enough. I guess I have a ways to go before this hypothetical discussion becomes reality 

20 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

If years of total ineptitude and heartbreak haven't stopped me from being a fan, it's likely nothing will stop me. For better or worse.

• Like 3

But what was the reason Odell's motivation was so low here? Was it the city or the fact he was playing with Baker? 

I'm glad we were able to let him loose and reach this success. The Rams were deff potential favorites regardless of how we were going to perform. 

Sheesh man. We need to get our offense fixed. Burrow is there already . I'm going WR with all my assets. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

But what was the reason Odell's motivation was so low here? Was it the city or the fact he was playing with Baker? 

I'm glad we were able to let him loose and reach this success. The Rams were deff potential favorites regardless of how we were going to perform. 

Sheesh man. We need to get our offense fixed. Burrow is there already . I'm going WR with all my assets. 

Sell out .

8 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I think saying that I’m going to not be as invested and care infinitely less vs being as invested as I am now are different. I’m not setting aside Sundays to watch, not getting the Sunday ticket, not buying memorabilia. Very similar to what I did after the latest Dolan sell off with the former Tribe/now Guardians.

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

Not really. It's 100% obvious his effort was different here than it was in LA. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to **** on Baker.

He’s also the second/third option and benefiting from the double teams Cupp draws.

He’s clearly not washed completely, but I’m still not certain he’s the #1 receiver he thinks he is.

He just didn’t want to be here and didn’t want to make it work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s also the second/third option and benefiting from the double teams Cupp draws.

He’s clearly not washed completely, but I’m still not certain he’s the #1 receiver he thinks he is.

He just didn’t want to be here and didn’t want to make it work.

Between him, Baker, trading #1 picks, and the power struggle, Dorsey is my thesis for "Football Guys are morons". Sashi handed him a war chest and he basically crapped all over it except for drafting Ward (no brainer) and Chubb, while getting lucky on Teller in a throwaway pick...not to mention hiring Freddie and everything else.

• Like 2