2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

7 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I’m blaming browns fans ie myself.

I saw Lions fans drive Stafford out, say he sucks, say he’s a choker, say he can never win a super bowl 

they are the exact same people as we are. They were wrong the whole time and make things harder on their team. 

listen to Haden when he talks about Browns vs Steelers and how there’s no pressure playing in Pittsburgh because it’s not a miserable stressful toxic environment 

Browns will literally be more successful if their fans cared less. No reason to let this team bring you down. 

It's never very stressful to play where the team has success!  You know why?  Because the fans aren't disgruntled!!!!!!!!

The Steelers have been the epitome of a solid organization, with the same coach, and QB for what seems like forever.  I wonder how things are going to look next year if they don't land a stud QB through the draft or FA?  I can guaran dam tee you it won't be pretty!!!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I saw Lions fans drive Stafford out, say he sucks, say he’s a choker, say he can never win a super bowl 

they are the exact same people as we are. They were wrong the whole time and make things harder on their team. 

listen to Haden when he talks about Browns vs Steelers and how there’s no pressure playing in Pittsburgh because it’s not a miserable stressful toxic environment 

Browns will literally be more successful if their fans cared less. No reason to let this team bring you down. 

Browns fans have been extremely temperamental the last few years and they do have a extremely scummy presence on social media. 

Ohio State fans are often annoying because of their entitlement, but Browns fans are just a pit of misery that love arguing and berating players. Its almost like we are trying to be Philly or New York for some reason.

Its strange because Indians and Cavs fans are awesome and love all of their players regardless, Browns fans however are the pissed off guy at the bar screaming at the TV. Also, the Browns local media is horrific, whereas the Indians and Cavs local media is generally amazing.

Browns fans/media just needs to stop....just stop. Stop whining, stop complaining about everything, stop berating players on social media, just stop. Go on vacation or something. Browns fans need a break from themselves.

Edited by AkronsWitness

9 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

It's never very stressful to play where the team has success!  You know why?  Because the fans aren't disgruntled!!!!!!!!

The Steelers have been the epitome of a solid organization, with the same coach, and QB for what seems like forever.  I wonder how things are going to look next year if they don't land a stud QB through the draft or FA?  I can guaran dam tee you it won't be pretty!!!!!

LOL

They haven't had a sub .500 season in two decades and 2 rings in that same timeframe. No wonder they aren't disgruntled, albeit their entire fanbase wants Tomlin out. Maybe they are toxic after all I guess.

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Also, the Browns local media is horrific, whereas the Indians and Cavs local media is generally amazing.

@roger murdock I personally feel this is more so the case as opposed to fans and their "environment/culture". The local media trolls like Grossi and MKC are absolutely the WORST.

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Browns fans have been extremely temperamental the last few years and they do have a extremely scummy presence on social media. 

Ohio State fans are often annoying because of their entitlement, but Browns fans are just a pit of misery that love arguing and berating players. Its almost like we are trying to be Philly or New York for some reason.

Its strange because Indians and Cavs fans are awesome and love all of their players regardless, Browns fans however are the pissed off guy at the bar screaming at the TV. Also, the Browns local media is horrific, whereas the Indians and Cavs local media is generally amazing.

Browns fans/media just needs to stop....just stop. Stop whining, stop complaining about everything, stop berating players on social media, just stop. Go on vacation or something. Browns fans need a break from themselves.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@roger murdock I personally feel this is more so the case as opposed to fans and their "environment/culture". The local media trolls like Grossi and MKC are absolutely the WORST.

This is just my opinion but I think it's ridiculous that any player would let fans or the media effect them in any way shape or form.  Ignore the outside noise, do the best you can on the field, and play out the season.  

Peace!!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

This is just my opinion but I think it's ridiculous that any player would let fans or the media effect them in any way shape or form.  Ignore the outside noise, do the best you can on the field, and play out the season.  

Peace!!!

Let me come to your job and yell and you and also have me and 50k people talk **** about you every chance we get online and in real life.  It’s not that you can’t tune it out, it’s that it’s really frustrating that you even have to. 

26 minutes ago, JDD said:

Let me come to your job and yell and you and also have me and 50k people talk **** about you every chance we get online and in real life.  It’s not that you can’t tune it out, it’s that it’s really frustrating that you even have to. 

HS Coach here. I understand exactly what you're saying. (Not the 50K part)

Social Media is brutal.

Parent emails and texts are brutal.

The crowd is brutal.

It is really frustrating.

It also comes with the territory and you're expected to produce results regardless. I'm not saying it's fair, but that's what it is. It's part of the reality/realities of the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

Peace!!!

Easier said than done. We are dealing with 20-something millennial athletes that do nothing all day but look at social media. They are going to see it and I dont blame Baker for leaving SM one bit. Its toxic. All SM is toxic.

Its funny that something that was originally designed to bring people together and closer has done nothing but push people apart and divide us further.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Maybe casual fans. I think most of the Lions fans on here were largely supportive of Stafford and had no ill will towards him for wanting to move on.

4 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I’ll entertain your theory and raise you a question:

If your idea is correct, why have the Eagles had a lot of success?

On 10/4/2021 at 12:19 PM, BrownLeader said:

If it were that simple. The fall out leads to all kinds of legit questions about why he can't play with him. It would dog his career even post OBJ and be a massive confidence breaker for everyone.

I'm not a told you so kind of person..but lord. The OBJ situation pretty much broke this team.

The confidence has taken a mortal hit. The players know the root problem was the play of the QB even if the fans don't.

Going forward I think they've just got to double down on the identity they've created. Strong OL run first offense and continue to shore up the defense as best they can. San Francisco is the model.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’ll entertain your theory and raise you a question:

If your idea is correct, why have the Eagles had a lot of success?

Their fans certainly handicap their chances of success and it’s led to on field issues including letting Reid go and firing their last coach so quickly. In total though success keeps the wolves at bay AND they don’t owners with itchy trigger fingers that make everything worse. 

OBJ was ran out by fans. I know he didn’t help himself but he’s a hall of fame player and Browns fans have been ****ting on him for 2-3 years and he lashed out.

Baker is a good player and will be successful elsewhere but writings on the wall and I think next seasons his last one in Cleveland.

I can see this coming a mile away. Browns will have Stefanski and Barry for 2 more years. Baker for 1 more year. And we will be back to 4-13 type seasons by 2024 while Baker and Stafnaski do well elsewhere. 

i saw this with Stafford. I literally lived in Detroit for 8 years and saw the way media and fans **** on a super bowl potential QB over and over because he hasn’t won a super bowl yet. I’m 100% positive the only thing Brady would have ever gotten if he spent the last 20 years in Detroit is an ugly wife and a receding hairline from stress. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Baker is a good player and will be successful elsewhere but writings on the wall and I think next seasons his last one in Cleveland.

I can see this coming a mile away. Browns will have Stefanski and Barry for 2 more years. Baker for 1 more year. And we will be back to 4-13 type seasons by 2024 while Baker and Stafnaski do well elsewhere. 

i saw this with Stafford. I literally lived in Detroit for 8 years and saw the way media and fans **** on a super bowl potential QB over and over because he hasn’t won a super bowl yet. I’m 100% positive the only thing Brady would have ever gotten if he spent the last 20 years in Detroit is an ugly wife and a receding hairline from stress. 

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, this post is 100% “insecure fan syndrome” in regards to Baker. On what planet is Baker anywhere close to Stafford?

I can agree about Stef and Berry. It’s why I want them to stay.

• Like 1