2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

I was ok with Baker initially playing through his injury and it seemed like he was still playing fairly well until he got hurt against the Cardinals

after that, he probably should have sat out the rest of the season and got surgery because it was all downhill from there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re not wrong, but I said it then and I’ll say it again.  I appreciate his effort and heart.  I’ve seen players make business decisions for 2 decades plus and I’ve had my fill more or less.  He laid it out there, for better or worse and that’s a trait I think we all hope our QB has.

I do agree though, he let his pride get the better of him as the season wore on and he just continued to look worse.

To be fair, we don’t know if he alienated anyone other than OBJ with any certainty.

Nobody will say it but Im 98% confident him and Landrys relationship fell apart during last year. Duke Johnson in years past. He also had some back and forth with Njoku along the way

I appreciate him and everything he has brought to the team. It just sucks so much this is how the 'Browns resurgence' is going to end. Like...right back to the drawing board when we took so many steps forward in the past 3 years.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Nobody will say it but Im 98% confident him and Landrys relationship fell apart during last year.

I mean, maybe.  I’d also argue Landry isn’t as good as he thinks he is and doesn’t deserve the targets he thinks he does.

Duke Johnson in years past. He also had some back and forth with Njoku along the way

I guess, nothing seemed too wild with either of those guys.  He was young and commented on Duke’s contract which is a no no.  He learned.

I appreciate him and everything he has brought to the team. It just sucks so much this is how the 'Browns resurgence' is going to end. Like...right back to the drawing board when we took so many steps forward in the past 3 years.

I think you’re getting ahead of yourself here.

Theres still a really great roster here.

Why do y’all what a guy who’s crying before he’s even traded. 

This blind Baker love is unbelievable 

dude shut tf up and just play like Jimmy G did. Collect your cash and build your image back up. We’ve got the best roster you’re going to play on. 

if we don’t get Watson we’re your best chance to do well, but him whining is exactly the reason we’ve moving on from this insecure scrub. I’m tired of his ****. All the social media stuff and the stupid chip on his shoulder. Dude quitting before he’s even traded. Jimmy G didn’t say **** and 49ers moved up for a freaking rookie. Watson is a proven talent. Just shut up and play 

• Like 1

I want to see who people want in order with Baker gone and Watson not coming. Mine:

1. Carr- despite his flaws, he has the most 'pop' of any obtainable QB. I think he would do very well in KS minimalist QB system and McDaniels might have his eye on somebody else. He might be available at the right price, but highly unlikely. I think this will come down to a draft day trade if there is a QB Vegas likes on the board when the Browns select.

2. Ryan- if Watson goes to ATL, obviously he will be moved. I think the Browns roster/talent can help squeeze 3-4 more good years out of Ryan. In this situation you can actually spend a few years drafting/developing a QB behind him, plus you can win with him and maintain 'we are built to win now' He absolutly fourished (SB) in the year he spent in this system with Shanny.

3. Jimmy- This is the most likely but yet the most unappealing because of his seemingly limited 'wow' upside. Ive said it before he is perfect for this system and is a younger and better version of Keenum. He could get the Browns to double digit wins, but the team would have a lower ceiling IMO.

4. Love- no. Given the roster being as good as it is, I highly doubt the Browns would want to bring in a young 1st time QB to basically stick their careers on. 

5. Rookie- Like Love, I just dont see how this team trots out a rookie QB with this roster next year. If they are trading Baker, they are not going back to ground zero with a rookie in a terrible class.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

- guy who stanned endlessly for DeShone Kizer

Y’all still bring up the Kizer thing 

I called us drafting him before we did

Yall talked stuff about the Watson move now look we’re right in the hunt for him. 

seems like I know more about what the team is actually about to do more than anybody else on this forum 

Just now, brownie man said:

Yall talked stuff about the Watson move now look we’re right in the hunt for him. 

seems like I know more about what the team is actually about to do more than anybody else on this forum 

Seems like you don't know the difference between what the team WILL do and what they SHOULD do, especially when it comes to talent and the ability to play football. Pretty big difference.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Lol

”of the dozens, hundreds of predictions I’ve made here one and maybe a second have come to fruition.  I’m in the know.”

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You also guaranteed we were going to draft Darnold.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DawgX said:

You also guaranteed we were going to draft Darnold.

And you know what

looking at the way this is playing out with yo boy we’d probably be in the same place 

Baker wasn’t it and you can clearly see

at least with Darnold we would’ve known for sure by now.