2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Just now, ReggieCamp said:

I'm sure we'll never know the whole story, but it sounds like the Baker/Stefanski relationship has been bad for a while and had deteriorated to the point that they pretty much had to move on.

I do think this is it probably. And I do get the perspective of a coach coming in and wanting his quarterback and not riding out a guy he does not believe is going to allow him to be successful. Stefanski seems like a reasonable guy, and all we see is what we see on camera though. Baker is definitely a thick headed dude no question so the uneducated, guess version on my end wants to blame Baker for a large part of the disconnect. I do get both perspectives though, because the way we ran the offense last season was not conducive to Baker’s skill set. All that to say I just think the bridge being burnt down without a definitive option, things could’ve been managed a lot better. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

On the bright side, because we don’t have a franchise quarterback and aren’t going to have to pay that next contract, we have plenty of money to you know, resign cornerbacks and stuff. 

Thank god we dodged that bullet of having to sign a QB to a big contract again!

Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

• Like 6

All that to say I just think the bridge being burnt down without a definitive option, things could’ve been managed a lot better. 

this is my main issue too.

Maybe they’ve got a few plans up their sleeve if Watson doesn’t materialize, but I would have expected a cleaner process than this.

This looks more like throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks than a well thought out and executed plan.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

Stefanski was probably done with him when I was 

after that win vs the lions

You win a tough game and you don’t want to talk to the media, but you call yourself a leader. Gtfoh 

then you wanna complain about Mary Kay who’s way better at her job then you are are yours. 

I understand the older members in this forum have been just so desperate for anything at QB but with this roster they can literally win a Super Bowl. You’ve got to try and make moves to put some of the best players this franchise has even seen in Chubb Myles and Ward in a position to win the thing. The cry baby ain’t it. Locker room don’t want him Odell got more love than Baker did from his teammates that’s a fact. 

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is an absolutely awful take.

She’s a better at being a reporter than Baker is at being an NFL QB. 

check the stats/awards 

now the same dude crying before we even traded smh. He was helpful making us competitive and he may eventually win a SuperBowl somewhere, but it’s time to move on from his constant whining and immaturity. 

he thinks he’s owed something because he’s been entitled. We don’t owe him **** 

Edited by brownie man

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah brownie is on one today.

I’m just tired of the brat. That’s why the Browns want to move on. He says he’s off social media then the next thing he’s back on it saying “bye” before he’s even traded. Cause his feelings hurt 😢 

Baker do like Jimmy G did. Your a millionaire suck it up and play for whatever team you’re on. This is same reason **** Colts traded Wentz to Washington.

Edited by brownie man

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I’m just tired of the brat. That’s why the Browns want to move on. He says he’s off social media then the next thing he’s back on it saying “bye” before he’s even traded. Cause his feelings hurt 😢 

I mean, we knew this is what he was when we drafted him.  If you can’t deal with emotional, don’t draft emotional.

And what is the obsession with his social use?  Like, dude can get on whenever ffs. 

And for all the talk of being emotional and hurt feeling.. YOU’RE RANTING DAWG.

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

They really hate that man that much? 😭

I didn’t think Baker was the long term franchise guy and I can’t blame Cleveland for trying to upgrade, but damn I didn’t think this would get this bad this quick. 

Its a valid criticism. You know those failed coaches that try to make the transition from college to NFL and fail miserably because they dont know how to communicate/coach grown men? Baker is like the QB version of that. He brings way too much collegiate tendancies with him, he has burned bridges, crtitisized teammates and has at some point butted heads with every single head coach in 4 years for the Browns.

Hue Jackson, Todd Haley, Freddie Kichens, Kevin Stefanski--he has at some point had a public issue with all of them.

Hes a hard headed child that lacks a bit of maturity and professionalism, and that was at the end of the day his downfall.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2