2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Mayfield isn’t going to be a placeholder for the inevitable of getting replaced when the suspension is up. The Browns know that. But there’s less trade leverage if the Browns show that card. At this point QB2 is an attractive thing because it comes with starting opportunities, so we should be able to get a quality placeholder, if one is or becomes available.

• Like 1

If scwartz doesnt run a gimped route vs the texans where Justin gets an INT Baker doesnt break his shoulder.

continues to perform at a high level.

gets the ball a bit more to OBJ who cruises to a average season

browns win more games

make playoffs

win playoffs.

teller can block donald a little bit more 

DPJ comes free

browns win the superbow and we dont have to cheer for a sex offender. 

• Like 1

There’s no way Baker is here imo.

Move him, acquire more draft capital to improve the team. Hell I’d see if w team really wants to bet on themselves and see if we can snag a first in ‘23 or ‘24 for him.  I’d much prefer that to a second this year.

From there is look to either cut or restructure Keenum to lower that cap number which is somewhat insane for someone like him.  

• Like 3

I'm very curious to see if we pull the trigger on Baker soon or if we wait (for a QB injury or something like that).

It almost has to be to an NFC team at this point, but the options are dwindling.

I saw a blurb about the Niners wanting Baker (??), but that doesn't make a ton of sense.

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that rumors are just that, rumors.  Remember when everyone thought Watson was obviously going to Atlanta and obviously not coming here?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the "reports" about Ryan to Indy were to try and sucker the Browns into lowering the price on Baker.