2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Runs out of sacks, too, not into them.

9.1 career sack percentage, Mayfield is at 6.5. Watson hasn't had a full season with less sacks than Mayfield took last year and that was a career outlier for Mayfield. He also fumbles more.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with him, we'll see if we go with more RPO like he is used to but Stefanski hasn't used here.

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Watson is a better passer than Baker, a lot more accurate. He completed 70% one year of his passes and is the career leader comp %. 

I know its not a stat, but he can also make 'wow' throws FWIW when he is on the run or under pressure. Throws that you see Josh Allen, Mahommes, Burrow, Herbert, ect make-- Watson can do that. Baker forces passes in those situations and usually thats where the INTS pile up.

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

9.1 career sack percentage, Mayfield is at 6.5. Watson hasn't had a full season with less sacks than Mayfield took last year and that was a career outlier for Mayfield. He also fumbles more.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with him, we'll see if we go with more RPO like he is used to but Stefanski hasn't used here.

Are we ignoring the OLine difference?  Because it sounds like you are ignoring the OLine difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Impossible, Baker fans and apologists are the most unbiased and rational fans of all time.

What has happened is the Baker apologists have found every reason to defend him from a football standpoint, including the blame of coaching, play calling, and lack of WR talent.  His limitations from a lack of ideal height, lack of athleticism, limited mobility, limited ability in going through progressions, and over reliance on arm talent have made him a middling QB at best.  He still could be consistently above average, if he figures some things out, and is put in a system that caters to him perfectly.  Everything has to be just right for him, and that's just not realistic.  He also has showed that he lacks the "clutch gene" like a Derrick Carr, who can come back in the 4th quarter, but isn't considered elite.

Conversely, the Watson "haters" are somehow blending the off field stuff into finding things they don't like about him as a QB.

5 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

What has happened is the Baker apologists have found every reason to defend him from a football standpoint, including the blame of coaching, play calling, and lack of WR talent.  His limitations from a lack of ideal height, lack of athleticism, limited mobility, limited ability in going through progressions, and over reliance on arm talent have made him a middling QB at best.  He still could be consistently above average, if he figures some things out, and is put in a system that caters to him perfectly.  Everything has to be just right for him, and that's just not realistic.  He also has showed that he lacks the "clutch gene" like a Derrick Carr, who can come back in the 4th quarter, but isn't considered elite.

Conversely, the Watson "haters" are somehow blending the off field stuff into finding things they don't like about him as a QB.

I mean, as I person I couldn’t dislike Watson more. As a quarterback, he’s the real deal.

Baker is IMO the definition of an average starting quarterback in the NFL.

Watson is likely Top 5.

If Watson never plays a down again I won’t shed a tear for the scumbag, but that’s not football related.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok bruce super bowl for the Browns in the next 3 years yes or no.

My prediction we do not make the playoffs. 

Well that depends, how long is Watson suspended? Hypothetically if he is playing all 17 games each year, the Browns have a top 5 roster in the NFL on paper and you just dropped a top 5-7 QB into the center of it with a HC that just won COTY a season ago.

I feel pretty confident the Browns would at bare minimum make the playoffs each year and go on some runs. Especially with the Steelers trying to figure out if they are going to start Mitch Trubisky or Kenny Pickett and the Ravens deciding if they want to pay Lamar Jackson.

Watson is likely going to be suspended 10-12 games, so the question is can Brissett hold the fort down long enough for Watson to come back from his suspension to make a final push this year. The Browns have a pretty easy schedule this year outside of the division--so Im not throwing everything out the window just yet.

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Well that depends, how long is Watson suspended? Hypothetically if he is playing all 17 games each year, the Browns have a top 5 roster in the NFL on paper and you just dropped a top 5-7 QB into the center of it with a HC that just won COTY a season ago.

I feel pretty confident the Browns would at bare minimum make the playoffs each year and go on some runs. Especially with the Steelers trying to figure out if they are going to start Mitch Trubisky or Kenny Pickett and the Ravens deciding if they want to pay Lamar Jackson.

Watson is likely going to be suspended 10-12 games, so the question is can Brissett hold the fort down long enough for Watson to come back from his suspension to make a final push this year.

Yes or no