2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If that story on The Atlantic is true…eek. Not reading the gameplan and spending 10 hours a night playing Halo. 

Back in the day, Master Chief, Cortana, and I could kill 10-12 hours a day together. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Back in the day, Master Chief, Cortana, and I could kill 10-12 hours a day together. 

Probably not at 26-27 years old and ignoring gameplans as a starting QB on a playoff caliber team.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Probably not at 26-27 years old and ignoring gameplans as a starting QB on a playoff caliber team.

Im only not shirking my job responsibilities because I can’t afford the newest and greatest gaming system to play Halo.

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m not sure I entirely believe that. Sounds like the browns FO doing damage control. 

@Forge’s hint about the gamer who tweeted that out and Baker adding him on Christmas Eve on XBox fits. Not damage control on that specific issue.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@Forge’s hint about the gamer who tweeted that out and Baker adding him on Christmas Eve on XBox fits. Not damage control on that specific issue.

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1545598882058358785?t=o6E-Vk5-xJiVfm9taUf2ig&s=19

Here's the tweet from justo (left as link due to language). I looked up the account and it was a legit tweet from back then. And it's not like the guy likely did it for style points, he didn't tag Baker and has like 60 followers lol

Also, there was a random Reddit post from back in December talking about Baker doing a live stream playing while he was out with covid, but I think it was the week before

The same account that said he played 10 hours a night said Cleveland had an entry level guy who's job was basically to keep tabs on Baker's online gaming lol

I mean, I definitely believe it to a point. It may be getting a little on the hyperbolic side. I just find it mostly funny. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1545598882058358785?t=o6E-Vk5-xJiVfm9taUf2ig&s=19

Here's the tweet from justo (left as link due to language). I looked up the account and it was a legit tweet from back then. And it's not like the guy likely did it for style points, he didn't tag Baker and has like 60 followers lol

Also, there was a random Reddit post from back in December talking about Baker doing a live stream playing while he was out with covid, but I think it was the week before

The same account that said he played 10 hours a night said Cleveland had an entry level guy who's job was basically to keep tabs on Baker's online gaming lol

I mean, I definitely believe it to a point. It may be getting a little on the hyperbolic side. I just find it mostly funny. 

@LETSGOBROWNIES just linked the OP and story. It’s absolutely egregious tbh, especially given the 4 INT performance and if he showed up unprepared. No employer would condone that. Imagine giving a big business presentation or showing a house and not knowing the material because when you were supposed to be getting read up you games 10+ hours multiple times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES just linked the OP and story. It’s absolutely egregious tbh, especially given the 4 INT performance and if he showed up unprepared. No employer would condone that. Imagine giving a big business presentation or showing a house and not knowing the material because when you were supposed to be getting read up you games 10+ hours multiple times.

I agree it’s unforgivable if he was spending so much time playing video games he didn’t know the plays and game-plan, but Stefanski shat the bed that game too.

We had like 225 yards on the ground at like 7+ ypc and Baker still threw it like 35 times.

We should have ran the ball 45x that game. NFL coaches consistently get too cute instead of just spamming what is working until someone stops it and then making a change. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree it’s unforgivable if he was spending so much time playing video games he didn’t know the plays and game-plan, but Stefanski shat the bed that game too.

We had like 225 yards on the ground at like 7+ ypc and Baker still threw it like 35 times.

We should have ran the ball 45x that game. NFL coaches consistently get too cute instead of just spamming what is working until someone stops it and then making a change. 

Our offense was clicking that game. Chubb was running great. Baker made a lot of plays. He did screw up heaving a deep ball to dpj in double coverage and made a bad pass high to Landry for the two picks in the first half but the other two were Landry falling and Schwartz being yanked backwards by the jersey when he had position on the last drive to maybe be in FG range to win the game. You won't see a worse DPI than that one.

There are many games we went away from our bread and butter when it was working and that game may be one but it isn't one of the worst ones. That was just a terrible no call at the end of the game that lost it.

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Our offense was clicking that game. Chubb was running great. Baker made a lot of plays. He did screw up heaving a deep ball to dpj in double coverage and made a bad pass high to Landry for the two picks in the first half but the other two were Landry falling and Schwartz being yanked backwards by the jersey when he had position on the last drive to maybe be in FG range to win the game. You won't see a worse DPI than that one.

There are many games we went away from our bread and butter when it was working and that game may be one but it isn't one of the worst ones. That was just a terrible no call at the end of the game that lost it.

I’m just saying at no point in time should you be throwing the ball 35 times or whatever with a QB who had multiple injuries when you’re averaging 8 ypc (I just checked, 25 attempts/219 yards).

In addition to throwing 4 picks he was also sacked 5 times.

Just run the ball.

• Like 1