2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

8 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

So all this new Panthers rumors...what are the odds we trade Baker to them and take Darnold in return as a back-up for us, dumping Dobbs? Would be quite the interesting turn of events lol.

I would Rather Have Dobbs, alot of people think that Dobbs has a future in coaching, I think he would be very beneficial to the QB room

7 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I would Rather Have Dobbs, alot of people think that Dobbs has a future in coaching, I think he would be very beneficial to the QB room

Oh, I do not want Darnold myself...I just think it would be quite the plot twist :)

^^^^
yall gonna look so bad once Deshaun starts playing.

Yall living in the moment too much without thinking about the quality of football your about to watch for the next decade. 

Until we see Deshaun play I get the snarky posts and etc, but the increase in quality of play your about to watch from the Browns is going to show how much of a No brainer football move this is. Baker is going to be beyond an after thought. 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, brownie man said:

^^^^

Yall living in the moment too much without thinking about the quality of football your about to watch for the next decade. 

Until we see Deshaun play I get the snarky posts and etc, but the increase in quality of play your about to watch from the Browns is going to show how much of a No brainer football move this is. Baker is going to be beyond an after thought. 

I mean, I don’t think many people are arguing the move from a football perspective.

You’re just failing to understand that some folks would have rather dealt with more mediocrity than with everything associated with Watson  (despite being told exactly that, in real plain words).

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, brownie man said:

^^^^

1 win 2 losses in playoff 

Qb rating 89 in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re just failing to understand that some folks would have rather dealt with more mediocrity than with everything associated with Watson  (despite being told exactly that, in real plain words).

Your right and I just can’t get with it. I can’t. I just don’t have that mentality bro. Like we’ve got Nick Chubb and Myles Garrett on this team. They deserve to be on the best team possible, and Deshaun helps with that. 

it’s an uncomfortable position for sure absolutely, but at the same time we’re in the eye of the storm until the suspension is handed down. Things will get better once that cloud is from over the team. Just gotta be patient. But yeah clamoring for Baker mayfield so you don’t have to tell with media backlash is just wack to me. We knew the PR was gonna be bad. But this is a 10 year plan. Deshaun is a top 8 qb for the next decade. I feel like some of our fans should learn how to mediate. That’ll help you deal with the uneasiness they feel right now. Just gotta be patient. 

31 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Your right and I just can’t get with it. I can’t. I just don’t have that mentality bro. Like we’ve got Nick Chubb and Myles Garrett on this team. They deserve to be on the best team possible, and Deshaun helps with that. 

Yeah, I understand your point.  Always have.  The misunderstanding is only going one way.

31 minutes ago, brownie man said:

it’s an uncomfortable position for sure absolutely, but at the same time we’re in the eye of the storm until the suspension is handed down. Things will get better once that cloud is from over the team. Just gotta be patient. But yeah clamoring for Baker mayfield so you don’t have to tell with media backlash is just wack to me. We knew the PR was gonna be bad. But this is a 10 year plan. Deshaun is a top 8 qb for the next decade. I feel like some of our fans should learn how to mediate. That’ll help you deal with the uneasiness they feel right now. Just gotta be patient. 

I feel like it doesn’t matter how simple some of us make this, you seem to miss the point entirely at every opportunity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

^^^^

I’m one of the biggest Baker haters here. That comic is hilarious though and accurate.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

But yeah clamoring for Baker mayfield

Do you think people are clamoring for Mayfield to start here? That era is over. 

Or... are you just saying people are still talking about Mayfield in the Mayfield thread? If the name hurts your ears I wouldn't enter the thread about him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Do you think people are clamoring for Mayfield to start here? That era is over. 

Or... are you just saying people are still talking about Mayfield in the Mayfield thread? If the name hurts your ears I wouldn't enter the thread about him. 

Weren't you the guy that said you will do what you please?  Stop telling people what to do!  It's hypocritical!

Edited by big poppa pump
or stay out of the Watson thread...

56 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Weren't you the guy that said you will do what you please?  Stop telling people what to do!  It's hypocritical!

I didn't tell him what to do, I said I wouldn't do it if it caused me pain.

Or... It was a threat if you think like bruce.

If I were you I would make sure I understood what I read before I reacted. That's just if I were you. I'm not, so carry on.

The “You guys are going to look bad when Watson starts playing” argument just shows people are being tone deaf to what’s being said. Whether or not he is out there winning games or not, most of the people that aren’t happy with the trade, it has nothing to do with whether he is going to help us win games or not. There is obviously the secondary argument of the looming suspension and how good he is comparative to the value. Speaking from a personal perspective, he is an upgrade but a situation I just would have preferred us not be affiliated with. And when we are successful with him, it is going to still leave a bit of a gross feeling. Maybe I will feel differently when that day comes around but at this point I still feel that way.

• Like 5