2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, that’s a fun nugget of info, but what is the average points allowed in those games?

Baker is 14-20 in games he has to throw 30x. 16 of those games the defense gave 26pts or more 16x. 8 of those loses the offense scored 20pts or more

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Baker Mayfield is 0-14 every time his team is out rushed by 50+ yards.

That blows my mind.

I mean, that’s a fun nugget of info, but what is the average points allowed in those games?

League wide it would seem to say the same thing I would think. You run when winning and pass when losing. It's why 98% of QBs have better records when they pass less. Not because it is bad to pass its just different protecting a lead than trying to come from behind.

Same with running. If you run 30 times you almost always win because you ran because you were protecting a lead.

Silly stats.

• Like 2

Max Kellerman brought up a good point too.

I think best case scenario for Baker: He has a Eli Manning career. The Drew Brees comp died this year. 

However, if Baker can learn to make better decisions like Eli eventually did, you can win a super bowl with him.

We need to make a decision this offseason with Joe Woods though. You cannot win a super bowl with Baker + a bad defense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think best case scenario for Baker: He has a Eli Manning career. The Drew Brees comp died this year. 

However, if Baker can learn to make better decisions like Eli eventually did, you can win a super bowl with him.

We need to make a decision this offseason with Joe Woods though. You cannot win a super bowl with Baker + a bad defense.

For the record, if you’re saying he could be a 2 time SB champ, I’m in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For the record, if you’re saying he could be a 2 time SB champ, I’m in.

I agree with you.

The front office needs to decide what kind of QB Baker is. If they view him as average, they’ve got 2 choices:

1. Replace him.

2. Build an elite defense around him.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Max Kellerman is your source.

SD drafted Rivers at this point. So the Drew Brees comp is still valid 

Also like @LETSGOBROWNIESsaid, 2 SB wins, I’m down 

• Like 3