2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Baker has protected the ball better this year. He’s actually putting up his best career numbers.

Unfortunately, he’s on pace for this season to be the most sacked times he’s been in his career. I don’t know how THAT happened.

He’s been sacked 24 times and in 2019 it happened 40 times.

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Baker has protected the ball better this year. He’s actually putting up his best career numbers.

Unfortunately, he’s on pace for this season to be the most sacked times he’s been in his career. I don’t know how THAT happened.

He's taken some sacks this year that were probably avoidable. But it also doesn't help that both starting tackles have missed a decent amount of time this year.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think he needs to continue to progress under pressure (last week was VERY encouraging!), and in some cases he's holding onto the ball too long (on him), but he's also had both of those OT spots as a turnstyle with Blake (eh, he's a fine fourth guy in his defense) and Wills being hurt/playing hurt on that ankle.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think he needs to continue to progress under pressure (last week was VERY encouraging!), and in some cases he's holding onto the ball too long (on him), but he's also had both of those OT spots as a turnstyle with Blake (eh, he's a fine fourth guy in his defense) and Wills being hurt/playing hurt on that ankle.

I’m curious if OBJ was the WR who was highlighted as the hot route/safety value type WR for pressure situations and OBJ freelancing too much to get open hurt him. Gotta be some correlation that with Him out he destroys the blitz 

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Give him the Cousins / Dak treatment.

Do NOT give him a Goff / Wentz franchise crippling contract.

I’d be surprised if they sign him to a huge contract right now.

I think he’s gonna have to prove it for a full season.

Hard to hold this season against him too much with the injuries.  I’d they don’t rip off the next 3 games they might as well just shut him down.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It’s insufferable after weeks like this. 

Only way the week could be longer is if someone remembers their password for some soapbox BS.

He'll likely disappear for a bit since his prediction of us spreading New England's cheeks was so incredibly wrong.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He'll likely disappear for a bit since his prediction of us spreading New England's cheeks was so incredibly wrong.

Nope. That was just the hedgehog hedgehogging. He'll be in to announce how he knew Baker was trash but figured this would be an easy win but that he was wrong (but also right) that Baker really is trash.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Nope. That was just the hedgehog hedgehogging. He'll be in to announce how he knew Baker was trash but figured this would be an easy win but that he was wrong (but also right) that Baker really is trash.

Maybe he’s already been here to say that, while in disguise … 👀 

We got to get more consistent play out of Baker, we can’t give a average starter Franchise QB money and that’s what he is at the moment. We don’t want to end up like the Bengals did with the ginger QB they had for years, having a brain fart and forgetting his name. The worst thing we can do is stick with a ok QB who will take us occasionally to the playoffs and win the odd playoff game every know and then.

Baker can’t just play good when someone has made him angry or called him out, he needs to play consistently good or better.

I do believe he has the physical tools to do it.

The question is does he have the mental tools? I’m on the fence about that but hope he does