Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

What's the consensus on Zach Wilson in the 6th? I was torn on taking him too early, but really wanted to see if I could get him at some point in the draft.

Your position, good investment. Just might be a long hold for Wilson due to the surrounding cast on the Jets

• Like 1

Just now, ravens5520 said:

Your position, good investment. Just might be a long hold for Wilson due to the surrounding cast on the Jets

Most definitely. I'm not expecting him to be great (or even good) for S23, but if the Jets do the impossible and actually build a contender around him, he might have some sort of starting potential come S25. Long hold is right.

13 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

What's the consensus on Zach Wilson in the 6th? I was torn on taking him too early, but really wanted to see if I could get him at some point in the draft.

Reach. Second year Patrick Mahomes went in the 10th.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Good pick... Depending on the team, I'd say Wilson was worth anywhere from a 3rd to a 8th in my book. Wilson in the 6th looks especially good when compared to Lance going #2. Sure, Lance has a much better situation, but very real chance he doesn't start much of 2021 and then you're looking at an extra 2 NSFL seasons of stashing before there's even a chance he contributes, on top of the 1 NSFL season any rookie is not going to contribute. 

If you like Wilson as a prospect, no reason to think he won't be able to show promise as a rookie in which case his value instantly jumps far past the 6th you spent on him, all while he could potentially be your QBOTF. 

edit: and the QB market has clearly changed in this league. Where a guy got drafted 5-6 NSFLs ago means less and less when ownership is constantly changing and rookie QBs go earlier every draft. 

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Good pick... Depending on the team, I'd say Wilson was worth anywhere from a 3rd to a 8th in my book. Wilson in the 6th looks especially good when compared to Lance going #2. Sure, Lance has a much better situation, but very real chance he doesn't start much of 2021 and then you're looking at an extra 2 NSFL seasons of stashing before there's even a chance he contributes, on top of the 1 NSFL season any rookie is not going to contribute. 

If you like Wilson as a prospect, no reason to think he won't be able to show promise as a rookie in which case his value instantly jumps far past the 6th you spent on him, all while he could potentially be your QBOTF. 

edit: and the QB market has clearly changed in this league. Where a guy got drafted 5-6 NSFLs ago means less and less when ownership is constantly changing and rookie QBs go earlier every draft. 

Outstanding feedback from all of you. It's appreciated.

48 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Reach. Second year Patrick Mahomes went in the 10th.

I'm in this camp. I know market values have changed over the past few years, but speculative QBs going high is a bit crazy to me

Rookie QBs are unusable. So you're banking on them having a breakout rookie year. I'd argue Justin Herbert is the ONLY player in the last 8-10 years who was 1. drafted high enough and 2. played at the level to make himself a legit starter in his 2nd NSFL season. Dak had that kind of rookie season, but his entry attributes were probably too low to make him that good here (he was PS I believe for several years so we don't have a test). Guys like Luck and Burrow were highly touted and decent rookie years, and made for decent year 2 starters, but Burrow was maybe the 15th best QB in the Sim this past season. Josh Allen just had an MVP conversation season, and he was not top half here

The point is, it takes time for a QB to be useful unless you really knock it out of the park. The sim just favors established, good QBs imo, and its hard to break through. So if you're grabbing a guy, you have to understand you are sitting him on the PS for usually 4+ NSFL seasons at 1 tag before you even have a shot at using him, and if he doesn't have 2 very good NFL seasons, its going to take even longer for him to be useable

I've drafted and stashed a number of QBs.. Lamar, Josh Allen (wish I still had him), Daniel Jones, but I drafted them all in, like, the 12th rounds (Lamar I stashed for several seasons)

But market prices are free economy, and that's the way it should be. The price of the QB lottery ticket is going up, I guess I'm just glad I don't have to pay the prices right now.

• Like 2