Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

44 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Why has no one tried to put a WR at TE and save a tag?

tenor.gif?itemid=4572252

Am I nothing to you?

Tight End:
Courtland Sutton [6 GS]: 18 receptions for 210 yards (11.67 YPR, 22 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 drop. 5 pancakes.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Just because you have a plan doesn’t mean that plan isn’t awful...

This isn't not true.

I made some drastic changes for week 6, and @MookieMonstah appears to have been right: my WR1, WR2 and TE had a total of 16 targets. My WR3 only had 2. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

I'll keep tinkering, but, if Pitts and Waller have strong 2021 NFL seasons (which I expect that they will), I'm expecting to have strong WR1 production from one or the other for 14 games during seasons 23 and 24, and each will only cost me 2 tags. With Rodgers under center, and Taylor seeing the majority of RB snaps, I'm expecting my offense to be solid moving forward. (And, I'm new and know nothing, so all of this will probably suck. Ah well. Gotta go for it.)

44 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

For as long as I'm in this league (which I hope is a long time), and for as long as I have both Pitts and Waller (which I hope is just as long), I will never allow either of them to cost 3 tags. Each will play only 7 games at WR each year, and they will rotate that WR1 responsibility.

Pitts will start the rest of this year at WR, and will be kept at 1 tag. Cooks will play only 7 games this year, and will be kept at 1 tag.

I wouldn't do this without a plan.

It's a fair attempt. Keep in mind that if you do this, you will use up your 2 player quota, and therefore cannot play any OTHER players for <8 games or any rookies and expect to keep them for 1 tag

I'd be more likely to implement this if I found myself in a place with two good young QBs, because you get more bang for your buck from tag savings

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

This isn't not true.

I made some drastic changes for week 6, and @MookieMonstah appears to have been right: my WR1, WR2 and TE had a total of 16 targets. My WR3 only had 2. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

I'll keep tinkering, but, if Pitts and Waller have strong 2021 NFL seasons (which I expect that they will), I'm expecting to have strong WR1 production from one or the other for 14 games during seasons 23 and 24, and each will only cost me 2 tags. With Rodgers under center, and Taylor seeing the majority of RB snaps, I'm expecting my offense to be solid moving forward. (And, I'm new and know nothing, so all of this will probably suck. Ah well. Gotta go for it.)

Kelce was absolute trash as WR2. I'm talking <400 yards trash.

I fully appreciate the attempt to experiment and try something out, but I feel honor bound to share my previous attempt at a similar thing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Who the hell is Courtland Sutton pancaking?

he's definitely smaller than the avg NFL TE, but he's legitimately one of the better run blocking WRs in the league

Just now, Tk3 said:

It's a fair attempt. Keep in mind that if you do this, you will use up your 2 player quota, and therefore cannot play any OTHER players for <8 games or any rookies and expect to keep them for 1 tag

I'd be more likely to implement this if I found myself in a place with two good young QBs, because you get more bang for your buck from tag savings

My two player quota will only be used for Pitts and Cooks for S22, which is perfect.

For seasons 23 and 24, neither Pitts nor Waller will count against that two player limit: they'll both just be kept at the position where they spent the most games, which will be TE.

19 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

@TheKillerNacho only because this is year 1 for me, does something like this fall within the rules and/or is it something that could be carried forward year to year? 

Just trying to get a better understanding of the tags and how it impacts things on a year-to-year basis. 

It doesn't matter who is a new owner or not. If a player was kept during the season they must be kept for the same amount the following season, regardless if that player is on the same team that spent the tags on him.

The only way this "resets" is if the player hits the draft.

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Kelce was absolute trash as WR2. I'm talking <400 yards trash.

I fully appreciate the attempt to experiment and try something out, but I feel honor bound to share my previous attempt at a similar thing

Yeah, this was a big concern. Pitts/Waller will only play WR at WR1.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It doesn't matter who is a new owner or not. If a player was kept during the season they must be kept for the same amount the following season, regardless if that player is on the same team that spent the tags on him.

The only way this "resets" is if the player hits the draft.

Assuming that the 7 (or less) games are all inclusive, regardless of the owner, would the final owner be able to keep 'player x' at 1 tag if their value was at a higher level into the next season? Could this same owner have a perpetual rotation to allow 'player x' to remain at 1 tag in subsequent years?

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Assuming that the 7 (or less) games are all inclusive, regardless of the owner, would the final owner be able to keep 'player x' at 1 tag if their value was at a higher level into the next season? Could this same owner have a perpetual rotation to allow 'player x' to remain at 1 tag in subsequent years?

To clarify: Pitts and Cooks are only kept at 1 tag for this season, Pitts because he's a rookie and Cooks because he'll spent the majority of the season on the PS.

Moving forward, both Pitts and Waller will only be kept at 2 tags (TE) and never at 3 (WR).

16 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

You can do this perpetually so long as they play in 7 or fewer games, although you can only keep up to two players who started in at least one game.

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

To clarify: Pitts and Cooks are only kept at 1 tag for this season, Pitts because he's a rookie and Cooks because he'll spent the majority of the season on the PS.

Moving forward, both Pitts and Waller will only be kept at 2 tags (TE) and never at 3 (WR).

Well, the next two seasons Pitts can be kept for 1 tag despite playing WR. After that he will be positional price.

• Like 1