Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

For what it's worth: http://thekillernacho.blogspot.com/2014/06/nsfl-season-8-detailed-statistics.html

Wide Receivers:
Reggie Wayne [16 GS]: 90 receptions for 1,171 yards (13.01 YPR, 35 LNG), 7 touchdowns, 2 drops, 1 fumble.
Greg Jennings [16 GS]: 78 receptions for 1,095 yards (14.04 YPR, 77 LNG), 10 touchdowns, 4 drops.
Dallas Clark [7 GS]: 26 receptions for 334 yards (12.85 YPR, 26 LNG), 1 touchdown, 1 drop, 1 fumble.

Tight End:
Heath Miller [16 GS]: 61 receptions for 694 yards (11.38 YPR, 23 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 3 drops. 6 pancakes.

Marvin Jones [4 GS]: 6 receptions for 77 yards (12.83 YPR, 24 LNG), 1 touchdown, 2 drops.
Davante Adams [5 GS]: 11 receptions for 136 yards (12.36 YPR, 25 LNG), 2 touchdowns, 1 fumble.

The Thunder went 15-3 and won a championship using Dallas Clark as their WR3 for almost half the season plus playoffs, basically 2 TE and 2 WR. There was minimal production from that spot, but hey, it's not something to impede one from winning.

Edited by RuskieTitan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

For what it's worth: http://thekillernacho.blogspot.com/2014/06/nsfl-season-8-detailed-statistics.html

Wide Receivers:
Reggie Wayne [16 GS]: 90 receptions for 1,171 yards (13.01 YPR, 35 LNG), 7 touchdowns, 2 drops, 1 fumble.
Greg Jennings [16 GS]: 78 receptions for 1,095 yards (14.04 YPR, 77 LNG), 10 touchdowns, 4 drops.
Dallas Clark [7 GS]: 26 receptions for 334 yards (12.85 YPR, 26 LNG), 1 touchdown, 1 drop, 1 fumble.

Tight End:
Heath Miller [16 GS]: 61 receptions for 694 yards (11.38 YPR, 23 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 3 drops. 6 pancakes.

Marvin Jones [4 GS]: 6 receptions for 77 yards (12.83 YPR, 24 LNG), 1 touchdown, 2 drops.
Davante Adams [5 GS]: 11 receptions for 136 yards (12.36 YPR, 25 LNG), 2 touchdowns, 1 fumble.

The Thunder went 15-3 and won a championship using Dallas Clark as their WR3 for almost half the season plus playoffs, basically 2 TE and 2 WR. There was minimal production from that spot, but hey, it's not something to impede one from winning.

The Tacoma Thunder are proud of their history of success and look forward to returning to the glory days. 

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You can do this perpetually so long as they play in 7 or fewer games, although you can only keep up to two players who started in at least one game.

Does keeping a player on PS as a rookie extend their '1 tag' price?

Ex. Zach Wilson stays on PS as a rookie

S23 = 1 Tag (Rookie + PS)

S24 = 1 Tag (Rookie)

S25 = ? Tag (Only 1 accrued non-PS season but rookie for two seasons

24 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

S24 = 1 Tag (Rookie)

Not if he plays more than 7 games in S24 in this scenario S25 he will be 4 tags. Unless you played him more than 7 games in S23 and PS him again or same in S24 maybe perhaps he can be 1 tag in S25 since he was never kept for more than 1 tag, might be a way around it? 

Big Ben is on the trading block for anyone looking for a QB on the cheap.

1787 Yards (298 yards/game), 11 TD, 4 INT's

I'm not holding him responsible for our 1-5 season. Ineffective run game + porous safety group(s) has been our Achilles heel. 

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Wide Receivers:

Tight End:

ooh.. new theory - intentionally nerfing your WR3 in order to maximize your WR1 and WR2?

I wonder if a TE at WR3 and an OL at TE would funnel everything to WR1 and WR2....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

ooh.. new theory - intentionally nerfing your WR3 in order to maximize your WR1 and WR2?

I wonder if a TE at WR3 and an OL at TE would funnel everything to WR1 and WR2....

If we lose this week we will have to look into this going forward with Frierermuth at WR3

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

So, I tested this out (sort of) when I put Timmeh Tebow at TE last week: he has 0 career receptions and last played in the NFL in 2012. He still had 5 receptions for 72 yards in the sim (iirc). I fear that the sim will still throw to that position regardless.

Now, limiting the opportunities for the WR3... as the kids say: "That's my jam, yo." That's why I wanted Waller to pair with Pitts.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

So, I tested this out (sort of) when I put Timmeh Tebow at TE last week: he has 0 career receptions and last played in the NFL in 2012. He still had 5 receptions for 72 yards in the sim (iirc). I fear that the sim will still throw to that position regardless.

Now, limiting the opportunities for the WR3... as the kids say: "That's my jam, yo." That's why I wanted Waller to pair with Pitts.

I had been considering this option as well (Waller at WR3) but liked the upgrade at RB + OG + 2nd round draft pick. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

S24 = 1 Tag (Rookie)

If you pay 1 keeper tag to keep him for the S24 season then play him at QB for 9 or more games he will cost 4 in S25.

Although you could play him in S23, keep him for one tag, then bench him in S24 to retain 1 tag status for S25 (it's not a matter of whether or not you played them in some previous season, it's a matter of a player can't cost less than they did the season before).

But as soon as a player wasn't a rookie in the lastest NFL season, the ability to keep him for 1 tag disappears. Still, drafting a rookie still gives you three NSFL seasons for a total of two tags (the season you drafted him, and the two after).

• Like 2

@TheKillerNacho please don't hate me

• Rondale Moore to WR3; Michael Pittman to PS
  • Nick Bolton to OLB; move Chase Winovich to PS
  • Terrell Edmunds to SS
  • Greg Newsome to FS; Julian Blackmon to PS

I am trying some things out plus I would like to see what I have in some of my rookies. Barring an obvious meltdown, I'll probably keep these guys in these spots for the next 2-3 games to get a sample size. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

@TheKillerNacho please don't hate me

• Rondale Moore to WR3; Michael Pittman to PS
  • Nick Bolton to OLB; move Chase Winovich to PS
  • Terrell Edmunds to SS
  • Greg Newsome to FS; Julian Blackmon to PS

I am trying some things out plus I would like to see what I have in some of my rookies. Barring an obvious meltdown, I'll probably keep these guys in these spots for the next 2-3 games to get a sample size. 

If you were a real legend you’d do this 

QB: Jacoby Brissett (IND)
RB: Cam Newton (CAR), Jordan Howard (PHI)
FB: Zach Line (FA)
TE: Zach Ertz (PHI)
WR: Ryan Tannehill (TEN), Marvin Jones (DET), Hunter Renfrow (LV)*