Compare NFL teams to teams in other leagues

biggie.

Packers are the Celtics. Storied franchises that have been in regular contention in recent years but haven't won as many championships as the core talent would lead one to expect. 

The Chargers are the Seattle Mariners. A prennial loser franchise that's wasted the careers of some of the most exciting talent in league history, and had some of the worst luck in all of sports. 

The Panthers are the Colorado Rockies. One of a pair of expansion franchises from the mid-90s that had early success but then fell into mediocrity and has never won a championship despite having multiple superstars pass through throughout the 2000 and 2010s. 

Edited by Starless
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I don't understand the comparison and since I don't understand it, I'm going to take it as disrespect

Like the modern Browns, the Mariners are a very depressingly bad team with very little success. They've only had 10 winning seasons in their 44 years of existence and the only team in MLB to have never played in the World Series.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

Eagles- Braves

Despite numerous years having legit contenders spread over the past 3 decades,  only 1 Championship to show for it.

Both have 2-3 other Championships won within their organizations but we're legit talking over a generation ago. 50+ years.

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, biggie. said:

Like the modern Browns, the Mariners are a very depressingly bad team with very little success. They've only had 10 winning seasons in their 44 years of existence and the only team in MLB to have never played in the World Series.

Yeah, but the Mariners have at least had some really great players pass through. Not true of the Browns until very recently. Hence my Chargers comparison. 

11 hours ago, Starless said:

Yeah, but the Mariners have at least had some really great players pass through. Not true of the Browns until very recently. Hence my Chargers comparison. 

The Chargers at least make the playoffs.

Although, since the Browns made the playoffs last year I guess maybe a better comp for the Mariners would be the Lions, and Megatron would've been Felix Hernandez.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Chargers at least make the playoffs.

Although, since the Browns made the playoffs last year I guess maybe a better comp for the Mariners would be the Lions, and Megatron would've been Felix Hernandez.

With Barry Sanders playing Ichiro.

Don’t know who the Colts would be maybe maybe the Dirk lead Mavs? Both had lots of 12/60 win teams. Both kept getting denied by the Spurs/Pats. They both could’ve had more rings 06 NBA Finals, 09 SB.

Edited by Blackstar12