East Semis: (2) Nets vs (3) Bucks (Bucks win series 4-3)

beekay414

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

39 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Seems like our plan is to let Giannis do whatever and not let the Bucks get hot from 3. A lot of those missed 3s were well contested and defended. Very few open ones. Sucks losing Harden again. Likely out for the series at very least. Only game 1 though. 

It is the right game plan but one adjustment Milwaukee can make is have Giannis as the roll man more as that would either free up the Middleton/Jrue middy or get Giannis easy lobs around the basket.

I expect Jrue/Middleton to shoot better as the series progresses and Giannis is going to have his way down low against this team. But they need to worry about their defense first and stop helping off shooters and contain the ball better. Brown also killed them when he flashed to the paint when they would double KD or Kyrie so the Bucks have to do a better job there. Tucker staying on the floor is also the key as he is the only one that at least makes KD work. He also forces KD to more drives where it allows Giannis to come from the weak side and either block or alter the lay up. It was insane all game how the Bucks would help right off a shooter and just allow all Nets guards to get in the paint in ease. If the Bucks don't fix that, then nothing else matters.

The Nets had a very good game plan all around. Defensively they were active and made it difficult on the Bucks shooters to get good looks. Lopez is a huge mismatch down low though but that's not going to change. KD has to be careful with his fouls as he committed some stupid ones all game and got fortunate of no calls on a few others. I'd like to see more flare screens for KD to get more space from Tucker and clear out from the top of the key with him bringing the ball up. Lopez is going to continue playing the drop coverage so KD is going to have the mid range shot all series long. But better chance he gets that shot working with the ball from the top of the key. 

Next game is likely to come down to the wire. Getcha popcorn ready! 

48 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

We don't have the horses to match up with super teams.  We need to move Middleton and find us a better 3rd player.  I think most Bucks fans feel like Budenholzer has maxed out.  Another 2nd rd exit might be enough to move on altho I'm not sure what kind of upgrades are out there.  So many retread coaches in the NBA year after year..

Gotta go the Nick Nurse route. Don't give Giannis say in the new coach. FInd a Nick Nurse type and see if it'll pay off.

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It is the right game plan but one adjustment Milwaukee can make is have Giannis as the roll man more as that would either free up the Middleton/Jrue middy or get Giannis easy lobs around the basket.

This. MKE needs Giannis making plays in / around the paint - NOT - standing at the top of the key or outside the 3pt arc. They've got guards and forwards that can do that.

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Tucker staying on the floor is also the key as he is the only one that at least makes KD work. He also forces KD to more drives where it allows Giannis to come from the weak side and either block or alter the lay up. It was insane all game how the Bucks would help right off a shooter and just allow all Nets guards to get in the paint in ease. If the Bucks don't fix that, then nothing else matters.

Agree about Tucker - but I'm really not impressed with Giannis as inside enforcer. Frankly, I dont see it.

Now - I watched little of MKE during the season. If they were playing the LAL - I saw it. Otherwise....I had other things to do - so my opinions are really on the fly here.

But - Giannis and Lopez need to dominate the paint - and the Nets showed ZERO concern taking it to the hole. None. They were either cranking 3's or driving past the defender on their way to an empty paint area. Not sure what MKE was up to on defense...but like I said, I didnt watch much of them.

If Griffin is muscling up and out your big guys........your big guys need to step up....IMO at least.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Sounds like Harden is gonna be out a couple gms so you still have a chance Bucks.

Couple games? I doubt he returns to the series unless it goes like 7 games or possibly he may play in game 6 at best.

I think the Bucks need to run some Giannis at the 5 line ups. Nets were able to push quite a bit on the Bucks misses and Lopez wouldn't be able to get back. Lopez playing drop coverage hurts the defense against KD and Kyrie. Switch it up some by still giving Lopez 25 or so minutes. 

• Like 1

IF the Nets get past the Bucks without Harden and he's not back against Philly, mannnn! I don't know how they win that series. The 76ers would be a hellacious match up for them if Embiid is back and playing at his regular season MVP level. 

• Like 1

It was only 1 game and the Bucks will play better going forward, but so will KD and Kyrie. Their peak is just higher then the Bucks peak and that’s why I said the Nets are so much better then the Bucks before the series started. 

Bucks have a clear advantage with Lopez, but are you gonna be discipline enough to pass it down low for him take advantage of that match up. Bucks team is not built of Lopez post ups so to expect them to just do it now just never made sense. With a healthy Embiid that’s someone who will eviscerate the Nets cause feeding the post is how the Sixers run their offense. Lopez needs more then 11 attempts if the Bucks want to win this series.  

23 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Bucks have a clear advantage with Lopez, but are you gonna be discipline enough to pass it down low for him take advantage of that match up. Bucks team is not built of Lopez post ups so to expect them to just do it now just never made sense. With a healthy Embiid that’s someone who will eviscerate the Nets cause feeding the post is how the Sixers run their offense. Lopez needs more then 11 attempts if the Bucks want to win this series.  

They don't have to force it to him, but be smart about it. He's a skilled scorer, so when Durant was guarding him with 4 fouls and when Kyrie and Harris got switched onto him, they should have taken advantage and fed the beast.

Milwaukee can make adjustments. I don't trust Brooklyn's defense to play as well as they did or for Middleton and Holiday to shoot like 30% from the field or whatever they did.

After yesterday, with a healthy Harden I'd expect a 5 game series. But without Harden and if players regress to their means for both teams, it should be a tossup.

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

IF the Nets get past the Bucks without Harden and he's not back against Philly, mannnn! I don't know how they win that series. The 76ers would be a hellacious match up for them if Embiid is back and playing at his regular season MVP level. 

Philly might not even get past Atlanta, lol

20 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Gotta go the Nick Nurse route. Don't give Giannis say in the new coach. FInd a Nick Nurse type and see if it'll pay off.

21 hours ago, thrILL! said:

We don't have the horses to match up with super teams.  We need to move Middleton and find us a better 3rd player.  I think most Bucks fans feel like Budenholzer has maxed out.  Another 2nd rd exit might be enough to move on altho I'm not sure what kind of upgrades are out there.  So many retread coaches in the NBA year after year..

Yeah when you look at some of the better coaches in the league and the best up and coming coaches in the league, none of them were retreads. Guys like Quinn Snyder, Erik Spoelstra, Taylor Jenkins, Steve Kerr, and Nick Nurse were never NBA head coaches before they were hired. 

I'm not sure he'd be a great hire for the Bucks who are in win now mode and have a veteran roster. But Johnnie Bryant is a young assistant that I think will be a very good head coach. He played a key role in the development of guys like Gordon Hayward, Rudy Gobert, and Donovan Mitchell when he was with us. And Julius Randle and RJ Barrett both made a leap during his first year on the Knicks staff.