East Semis: (2) Nets vs (3) Bucks (Bucks win series 4-3)

beekay414

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just now, Leader said:

Nobody will believe this....but given the year the Lakers had - all the injuries leading to uneven play - I'm glad they got washed early and get to chill for the entire offseason.

They weren't gonna make it thru the Playoff gauntlet to get a ring. Not this year - not how crippled we were coming in.

Not a single star will play more than 40 games. It's going to be embarrassingly bad lol

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

You keep looking at stats. He needed to stop shooting all those 3’s. He took (6) 3’s tonight. I’m surprised he hit 2 because how many times in his career has he had multi 3pt made field goal games? They beat the Nets by 15 when Giannis didn’t attempt a 3. They was fortunate to beat the Nets when he attempted (6) 3’s. So again stats look great but the only two stats I care for Giannis is 3pt attempts and his FTs. 

This is a weird take

I mean.. I agree on the criticism and I thought the same about LeBron for his whole career

But you can't boil him down to that

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Harden was hurt. A healthy Harden the Nets win. A healthy Kyrie the Nets win in 5. The Nets in Game 3 when Brown took two of the last 3 shots. That would’ve been a healthy Harden with the ball once Kyrie couldn’t cleaning get it. Harden would’ve gotten fouled on made the shot or passed it to KD in the corner for a 3. So the Bucks got fortunate that both Harden and Kyrie got hurt or else this series is over in 5 or 6.

Moving forward I want to see how Nash handles the Big 3 minutes next season. It’s not about seeding or wins. It’s about health.   The Nets can finish 5th seed but healthy they will be the favorites because Nash shouldn’t care about playing the Big 3 tons of minutes and tons of games. 

Dude no one is saying the Nets don't win if healthy. If they were, they would have closed this out in 5 at worst. 

That's not what was being discussed. Was Harden hurt? Yes, but this is just what he does in these moments. He's terrible in close out games and has some epic failures. He was bad all game and killed countless possessions for the Nets. But hey him being out there was better than Mike James running the show lol. 

I’ll say it again, a healthy Nets team will be fine. Even if they had a healthy Dinwiddie the Nets win with a banged up Harden and a hurt Kyrie. I’m hoping they bring him back.  So let’s not kid ourselves thinking the Nets won’t win the championship next year unless they get hurt again because three of their four best players was hurt in the playoffs in Harden, Kyrie, and Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie would’ve easily not played like crap like Harris did. Hopefully Harris learns from this and he better moving forward. 

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Played more games than Durant, was leading the playoffs in PER before he got hurt, and his assist numbers are almost identical to Durant's.

I hold durability and lack of playmaking against Durant too. Durant's pretty obviously a better playmaker though. He plays with Harden being the main creator when he's healthy and when not Harden it's been Westbrook or Curry. The best playmaker on Kawhi's team plays 20 mpg and showed up midseason.

Giannis had the highest PER of all time last season, Jokic had the 10th best ever this season. That doesn't dispute anything. The Clippers haven't missed a beat without him and it's because he's an iso scorer (albeit one of the best of all time) who doesn't provide tremendous lift to team offense and because he doesn't consistently put forth effort on defense that often. 

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

You keep looking at stats. He needed to stop shooting all those 3’s. He took (6) 3’s tonight. I’m surprised he hit 2 because how many times in his career has he had multi 3pt made field goal games? They beat the Nets by 15 when Giannis didn’t attempt a 3. They was fortunate to beat the Nets when he attempted (6) 3’s. So again stats look great but the only two stats I care for Giannis is 3pt attempts and his FTs. 

That's fine. I'm not simple enough to key in on two arbitrary things as if they matter in the grand scheme. He average 32/13/4 for the series and put up 40/13/5 in a game 7 playing 50 minutes. Take your L and move on.

• Like 1