Chiefs G Kyle Long fractures knee cap

Blackstar12

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Exhibit A of why Kirill is right and you are wrong

Without any Exhibit A to examine, Kirill is seeing thru Chief-colored glasses, as usual....and anyone who speaks of themselves in the third-person (?) might be a bit high on himself, just sayin'

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Without any Exhibit A to examine, Kirill is seeing thru Chief-colored glasses, as usual....and anyone who speaks of themselves in the third-person (?) might be a bit high on himself, just sayin'

It's a reaction to the level I have to come down to sometimes in dealing with y'all.

LDT sat out last year due to COVID, Trey Smith is a rookie, and Allegretti was a starter in the SB but is a backup now due to the Joe Thuney acquisition.

Not to mention the additions of Orlando Brown Jr, Creed Humphrey, Austin Blythe, and Lucas Niang. You can go play back the super bowl if you want to. We have the best offensive line in the league.

Edited by Kirill

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean the potential is definitely there.

There's also a possibility that the LT you brought in is only effective in that wonky run-first offense in Baltimore, and he might struggle in a more traditional pass blocking setting.

I think the overall point is that calling it the best OL in the league without playing a meaningful snap is as foolharded as declaring back-to-back SB wins when Brady is on the opposite sideline. (Which, y'know...)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There's also a possibility that the LT you brought in is only effective in that wonky run-first offense in Baltimore, and he might struggle in a more traditional pass blocking setting.

I think the overall point is that calling it the best OL in the league without playing a meaningful snap is as foolharded as declaring back-to-back SB wins when Brady is on the opposite sideline. (Which, y'know...)

Eh, Reid is anything but traditional. I imagine a good amount of  RPOs per usual. 

i mean thats why i said potentially. 

11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So much for his comeback

Is it though?
Like comes back in mid-late July. He'll at least be in the meeting rooms. If he earns a starting spot and plays well and the Chiefs have success... isn't he kinda front runner Comeback Player of the Year? Or at least as much a potential favorite as an OL can be? Injury career, retires, comes back injured again... if he wraps it up well that'd be a comeback for sure.

8 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Yeah, that showed in the SB didn't it ??

I mean, 2 of the 3 players he listed weren't on the roster last year. That's not particularly relevant to his point, here. Our interior depth right now is LDT, Smith, Wylie, Allegretti, and either Blythe or Humphrey, depending on who starts at C. Of those 6 players, only two were on the roster last year, and both were forced to start out of position. Wylie is quite good as a backup G. As a starting RT, he's atrocious. But Smith and Humphrey are new to the roster. LDT was an opt out last year that was a plus starter a couple years back.

That depth absolutely is a strength. They didn't jump revamp the starters, with Brown/Thuney/Humphrey/Long, they revamped the depth with Niang/LDT/Blythe/Smith.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I can buy potentially. I - and others - won't buy absolutes, as some like to bring to the table.

I'll bring some absolute's...

KC Oline should probably finish the season maybe ranked by some people around the 1 to 32 range.

• Like 1