Packers TE Jace Sternberger suspended 2 games

SteelKing728

Listening to former players talk about off-season testing, I think you have to be certified dumb-dumb to fail.

Edit: Maybe jace was already on their short list and doesn’t get the same warning other players get for off-season testing. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Listening to former players talk about off-season testing, I think you have to be certified dumb-dumb to fail.

Edit: Maybe jace was already on their short list and doesn’t get the same warning other players get for off-season testing. 

Apparently he had a car accident after mixing alcohol and prescribed antidepressants in February 2020. The suspension was delayed due to the pandemic.

Edited by VonKarman

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

Apparently he had a car accident after mixing alcohol and prescribed antidepressants in February 2020. The suspension was delayed due to the pandemic.

So the theory hold true (kind of)! Certified dumb-dumb.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dome said:

I remember a player in a interview once saying they literally give you days/weeks notice that there is a test coming. Like the NFL doesn't want you to fail. And there are always players every year that still fail.

Idiiots

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I remember a player in a interview once saying they literally give you days/weeks notice that there is a test coming. Like the NFL doesn't want you to fail. And there are always players every year that still fail.

Idiiots

IIRC mcafee says the date they start testing towards the end of the offseason is known months in advance. A literal “get clean” date.

Obviously jace was part of a drug/alcohol related crime so I think he’s on a different set of rules, but for players who stay out of trouble, the “drugs of abuse” tests are designed to be passed, not to catch players

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I remember a player in a interview once saying they literally give you days/weeks notice that there is a test coming. Like the NFL doesn't want you to fail. And there are always players every year that still fail. Idiiots

He didnt fail an NFL mandated drug test. He was taking anti-depressant medication, had a few drinks and fell asleep behind the wheel of his car. 
I'm not sure if the police found him snoozing at the wheel - or if they responded to some kind of accident - but it had nothing to do with PEDs or an NFL drug test for them.

On 6/11/2021 at 2:31 PM, SteelKing728 said:

How does this impact Green Bay's Tight End situation?

It doesn't. Tonyan will still get the majority of snaps, Marcedes Lewis will be the sledgehammer blocker/"hey you forgot about me" backup, and Dafney/Deguara will slide in as TE #3 when needed (though Deguara is used more as an H-back/FB so he may not be in the TE mix). 

• Like 1