Raiders sign former Jets 1st round LB Darron Lee

TheKillerNacho

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/las-vegas-raiders-sign-former-jets-first-round-pick-darron-lee-per-report/

Considered a bust, Darron Lee spent three seasons with the Jets before being traded to the Chiefs. He was then suspended for the first four games of 2020, and not retained by Kansas City. He eventually joined the Bills and appeared in two games for them.

Can he turn it around in Vegas?

22 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/las-vegas-raiders-sign-former-jets-first-round-pick-darron-lee-per-report/

Considered a bust, Darron Lee spent three seasons with the Jets before being traded to the Chiefs. He was then suspended for the first four games of 2020, and not retained by Kansas City. He eventually joined the Bills and appeared in two games for them.

Considered? 

I remember when we signed him a few years back. I was hopeful that he could just be a one trick pony for us. A rangy coverage LB who was generally trash in the trenches, to rotate with Reggie Ragland, who was a slow downhill thumper who couldn't cover. Instead, Lee evolved into a LB that just sucked at everything, and his permanent removal from the LB rotation was one of the couple of changes that coincided with the 2019 defense getting it's stuff together and playing great football to close out the season.

Don't expect anything from him now.

On 6/18/2021 at 3:13 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

j-jonah-jameson-laughing-gif.gif

I still can't believe he went in the first round.  He was one of those picks where...i found it hard to even rationalize or understand exactly what it was that they liked so much about him.  There are always players who go higher than they should, but it's usually easy enough to at least envision why a team might've fallen in love and "overdrafted" them.  He was one of those total headscratchers for me.  But whatever it is...teams still seem to continue to find it enticing, i guess.