GOTW | Week 9 | #2 Penn St. @ #6 Ohio St.

buno67

Who takes control of the Big 10 and their playoff hopes?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes control of the Big 10 and their playoff hopes?

• Penn State Nittany Lions
    • the Ohio State Buckeyes

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don't think anyone said it was meaningless. But please, totally change the narrative from what was being discussed.

It's just that, when you're one of the greatest programs in the history of the sport, entered the game as a favorite, and are three years removed from a national title, you'd think the program would be a bit beyond the whole storming the field thing. To the best of my knowledge, Bama fans have never stormed the field after a win, and they've also had a few big ones.

Then again, I'm a Badgers fan and feel like the UW program should be past the point of storming the field because they should enter every game believing they'll win. So it's possible my bar for what justifies that insane level of excitement is a bit higher than most.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but Ohio State, under Urban Meyer, getting a home win over Penn State just doesn't feel like it's an earth-shaking event. They've beaten them 5 of the last 6 years and 12 of the last 15. It'd be like Michigan fans jumping on the field after beating Wisconsin.

greatest program aside.. I don't blame a bunch of 18-23 year olds running on the field after a game like that... hell of a win...

hate all you want... I don't give a **** about that either

Just now, fluhartz said:

greatest program aside.. I don't blame a bunch of 18-23 year olds running on the field after a game like that... hell of a win...

hate all you want... I don't give a **** about that either

That's fine. It literally started out with me asking a question because I wasn't able to watch the end of a game. It's a big win, I guess we can call it hating for asking a question? I genuinely just thought Ohio State was beyond that as a program, similar to Bama. I guess I was wrong, no big deal, my life is entirely unaffected by it.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

That's fine. It literally started out with me asking a question because I wasn't able to watch the end of a game. It's a big win, I guess we can call it hating for asking a question? I genuinely just thought Ohio State was beyond that as a program, similar to Bama. I guess I was wrong, no big deal, my life is entirely unaffected by it.

I am really not trying to be a jerk here..  I just can't understand how anyone sees it as  a bad thing that a bunch of kids run on the field after a game like that...

If Bama wasn't ever #1 (lol) and they beat a higher ranked LSU or someone like that, I could see some of their fans running on the field...

But it's no big deal...my life is unaffected by this too....

Worst loss I've ever experienced as a football fan, especially after the way that started. Congrats to OSU. Franklin and the coaching staff really blew it, but OSU capitilized on everything late in the game when it mattered. 

I'm at a loss. The PSU coaching staff is really going to be exposed once Saquon leaves. It was literally like Franklin bet on OSU or something. I can't even put it into words. Thing one is going to sting for a while...

That was the greatest event I've ever personally witnessed. I don't know if I can go to games any more after that b/c that set the bar so damn high....... but I'll definitely be making a purchase in December for a game in Indi if we have that opportunity lol. The irony is funny though as them blocking our FG attempt last year was pivotal and us blocking their punt this year was pivotal. 

We (PSU) can not run the clock out at the end of the game relying on the run, especially against a team like OSU. Barkley is great, but our o-line is not and they have a stacked d-line. Even as teh favorite in the game, we had to stay more aggressive, both offensively and defensively, the last 4 possessions of the game. Siting back on d and trying to run it on offense really hurt us.  This loss hurts. 

18 hours ago, mm6492 said:

We (PSU) can not run the clock out at the end of the game relying on the run, especially against a team like OSU. Barkley is great, but our o-line is not and they have a stacked d-line. Even as teh favorite in the game, we had to stay more aggressive, both offensively and defensively, the last 4 possessions of the game. Siting back on d and trying to run it on offense really hurt us.  This loss hurts. 

tOSU run defense was so great, you couldn’t even run the clock on them!

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

tOSU run defense was so great, you couldn’t even run the clock on them!

Thats what I am sating. We had to be more aggressive and let McSorley run/throw at the end. Lining up in shotgun and handing it to Barkley was a disaster when we lost every battle up front for an entire quarter. 

Still think these are 2 of the top 4 teams in the country. 

Barkley's average yards before contact for the game this past Saturday was -.5. Yes, on average, he was hit behind the line of scrimmage on every run. 

Obviously OSU's talent on the DL was a big part of that. But it's just a glimpse of what he's been dealing with all season. And a reminder that Penn State's OL is bad and he deserves better.

Phenomenal game though.  That was college football at its best.

Archived