NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

yep yep every team improved. pelicans aren't gonna sniff the playoffs

Dallas, San Antonio, Portland, and Memphis improved? Zion also made a crazy jump between year 1/2... lol

Edited by NYRaider

26 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

yep yep every team improved. pelicans aren't gonna sniff the playoffs

You watch your mouth.   The Hornets traded Graham for NO 2022 lottery protected 1st.   The Pelicans WILL make the playoffs, the pick WILL convey.   I have spoken it into existence.

Unless of course the Hornets trade the pick in a package for Myles Turner, then I don't give a damn.

45 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

I didn't think we had that much left over.

I've read amounts ranging from 13.5-14.5.   We can add to that by dropping Caleb or Cody Martin...or McDaniels.   I'm assuming no way they move off of McDaniels unless it's a trade, but I think each Martin twin adds approx 1.5 more to the cap?

Interestingly, I also saw a note in a forum that by fitting Ish Smith's 4.5M salary into the 4.9mil exception the team would then be obligated to spend at least 100k over the cap?   Meaning team would have to spend the additional 13-14 in cap space (plus cut Caleb Martin, so 14-16 in cap space?    No way they can do that without giving a big deal to a player like Oubre or in a trade for a player like Myles Turner and that makes for a more entertaining Friday afternoon for me.  So far the post draft bubble burst has been....well....deflating.

Can anyone with a better grasp of cap rules verify this is true?       (I'm not 100% sure the Hornets didn't just fit him into available cap space and aren't using the MLE at all and will just keep cap cushion to take on a bad salary dump later)