Training Camp battles

ovfd55

26 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I don't really get Rivera's affinity for Montez.  As far as I know when we needed him to step up last year at the end of the season he was simply not able to hence we brought in Heinicke.  

I agree. They took someone off the street before letting him play QB. RR said he’s still developing. It just tells me there’s slim pickings as far as getting someone else on the roster. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I don't really get Rivera's affinity for Montez.  As far as I know when we needed him to step up last year at the end of the season he was simply not able to hence we brought in Heinicke.  

He knows the 3 making the team are Fitz,Heinicke,and Allen so the 4th isn't a big deal to him.Montez has some movement in him so he makes for a good practice squad guy as you can run him on the scout team for fast QBs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yikes.

I’m in the camp of trying Montez out at TE. Put him on the practice squad this year and have him learn the position. He’s a very good athlete, just not an NFL quality QB. It’s a long shot but maybe he can be Logan Thomas with a few years of development at TE.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m slightly worried about this right now, but won’t be really worried until a few weeks from now and if he doesn’t play in our 3rd preseason game. 

I'm guessing this is a "lingering all season" type of thing, already. 

I’m in the camp of trying Montez out at TE. Put him on the practice squad this year and have him learn the position. He’s a very good athlete, just not an NFL quality QB. It’s a long shot but maybe he can be Logan Thomas with a few years of development at TE.

Sure, why not?

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Nothing to worry about here guys....... 

Tongue placed firmly in cheek 😉 A speed guy with a bad groin-bad, bad, bad . Thank goodness, amazingly I think we do have quality depth at the position. We can I R him if needed .

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm guessing this is a "lingering all season" type of thing, already. 

Hard to say, last year Chase hurt his groin in camp and while he still played well he did say it affected him all year long. All I know is I’d rather Samuel be dealing with his groin injury/resting it/getting treatment on it in June, July & August then for him to have this injury happen in a regular season game.

I think at this point they’re being cautious, and I don’t blame them bc I’d be cautious too. Curtis does know the offense so that’s a plus, but him missing reps with Fitz in camp is an issue.

I'm kinda a believer in "signs" . Luv this one !! Way way back in the day , the day the Redskins won their first Super Bowl. I was driving to pick up my girlfriend ( now wife ) and I looked down and my cars mileage was 60,044 miles. That 44 jumped out at me  and I thought Riggo will win this thing for us today- I know it ! 

• Like 2