Training Camp 2021!

N4L

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Cohn was actually one of the first of the media@TC I saw who called out Thomas for looking lackuster and questioned if they got it wrong with his pick. Gotta love the media...from bum to goat in a matter of days.

We truly have a pathetic group of reporters with a bunch of agendas if we're going to be honest. 

I didn't even realize that Cohn is the one who was first killing Thomas for his play lol. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We truly have a pathetic group of reporters with a bunch of agendas if we're going to be honest. 

I didn't even realize that Cohn is the one who was first killing Thomas for his play lol. 

Yea he had Jason Aponte on one of his vids up on YT like Day 4 or 5 and they were both going in on him.

**EDIT**

Found it...

https://youtu.be/YoDwb_jesLs

Edited by 757-NINER

53 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea he had Jason Aponte on one of his vids up on YT like Day 4 or 5 and they were both going in on him.

**EDIT**

Found it...

https://youtu.be/YoDwb_jesLs

Well, looks like he changed his opinion in a matter of days lol. 

Like can we wait until at least two weeks before making true assessments? Judging a rookie after a week of practice?? 

Lombardi is a guy who uses advanced stats far too much to form opinions, Cohn likes to take the opposite approach and has clear agendas and guys like Maiocco are just good for inside information but don't watch much tape as evidence by his draft takes. 

Kyle Posey is a guy I enjoy reading and he clearly does his film study and has no agenda. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, looks like he changed his opinion in a matter of days lol. 

Like can we wait until at least two weeks before making true assessments? Judging a rookie after a week of practice?? 

Lombardi is a guy who uses advanced stats far too much to form opinions, Cohn likes to take the opposite approach and has clear agendas and guys like Maiocco are just good for inside information but don't watch much tape as evidence by his draft takes. 

Kyle Posey is a guy I enjoy reading and he clearly does his film study and has no agenda. 

And then today he drops this...

https://youtu.be/fYxJ54NblXw

15 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He also often responds to me on twitter LOL. He seems to be a guy who just likes to talk football. 

I think, don't want to say for sure, but think @Dr LBC mentioned that he knew him personally? 

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Anyone know why YT videos won't embed in my post all of a sudden???

Are you making sure not to click on the option to paste it as a link instead and waiting for them to actually embed in the post? 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He also often responds to me on twitter LOL. He seems to be a guy who just likes to talk football. 

I think, don't want to say for sure, but think @Dr LBC mentioned that he knew him personally? 

Just reading his stuff and watching some of his videos, dude just talks about what he sees and is completely honest about everything. It's sad, but you can't say the same about the rest of the reporters on the Niners beat… Barrows is that type of guy but his knowledge isn't on the same level as Posey. 

15 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

And then today he drops this...

https://youtu.be/fYxJ54NblXw

LOL, so he mentions in the video that he has learned not to judge rookies off the first week off camp…. WHEN THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT GRANT WAS DOING!! 

I stopped watching after that. But like come on, let this play out and let the rookies have some time to figure it out. 

But good to hear Thomas doing well. He has traits that transfer to the next level and he is a plus athlete. Needs to clean some things up, especially his off ball technique but you can't expect a perfect player from day one… let alone a 3rd round pick. 

• Like 2

Shanahan definitely needs to give Lance some first team reps just so more than anything he can have a good OL to throw behind. Watching clips of him playing with the 2s, even the completions wouldn't be completions in actual games as they would be clear sacks. That doesn't really help him at all and makes it a bit unrealistic. Case in point, this play right here:

Like come on, two DL could have got sacks on this play. 

21 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Cohn was actually one of the first of the media@TC I saw who called out Thomas for looking lackuster and questioned if they got it wrong with his pick. Gotta love the media...from bum to goat in a matter of days.

And I STILL don't understand why anyone watches or listens to that troll. He "learned the craft" from his father, which means he too is a hack.

Don't encourage/feed trolls! That includes the Cohns. 

Edited by Chrissooner49er

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Hmmmm.... I've seen enough of the option to be reluctant to really use it. The threat of it may work better than the actual play could, if that makes sense. 

The play works fine sometimes and not so well others. It's no different than any other play. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Are you making sure not to click on the option to paste it as a link instead and waiting for them to actually embed in the post? 

It used ju6dt embed automatically as soon as I copy & pasted it. Now its not doing it at all.