Training Camp 2021!

N4L

Hufanga is my guy! Just is always around the ball. 

Lance does this every practice so it doesn't even mean much anymore tbh. Time to see it in live action and vs Chargers in practice next week.

But Ford supposedly looking good and explosive is amazing news. Bosa returning isn't going to make the pass rush elite… will make it REALLY good, but having Ford looking like his old self along with having Armstead rushing from the interior? 2019 all over again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lance does this every practice so it doesn't even mean much anymore tbh. Time to see it in live action and vs Chargers in practice next week.

But Ford supposedly looking good and explosive is amazing news. Bosa returning isn't going to make the pass rush elite… will make it REALLY good, but having Ford looking like his old self along with having Armstead rushing from the interior? 2019 all over again. 

Its amazing how in just 8 practices its gotten routine to hear about at least one crazy highlight play from Lance

If he does this in preseason and the joint practice then i think he starts week 1 no matter what Shanny is saying now. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Our depth is so good on the Dline. I guess Willis/Key have looked really good.  

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can't call it 2019 because there's no one who can really replicate what DeFo bought to the table. But if Key can be adequate 3rd pass-rusher and we use Ebukam as a hybrid SAM/nickel DE like I believe we should, I think we could be knocking on the door of that 2019 unit.

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Can't call it 2019 because there's no one who can really replicate what DeFo bought to the table. But if Key can be adequate 3rd pass-rusher and we use Ebukam as a hybrid SAM/nickel DE like I believe we should, I think we could be knocking on the door of that 2019 unit.

We will have the depth that unit had at the beginning of the year, especially on the interior. Our nose tackles will be much better this year than that one. We snuck a really good one in Kerr out for cheap.

• Like 2

Just now, JIllg said:

We will have the depth that unit had at the beginning of the year, especially on the interior. Our nose tackles will be much better this year than that one. We snuck a really good one in Kerr out for cheap.

True but with no DeFo, we lack that inside penetrator to pair along with Armstead in the nickel. Kerr and Hurst are more NTs. Jones could be the wildcard. That dude never seems to stay healthy but he could give us a little pocket push if he's used primarily as a 3T in the nickel and not a pure nose as before. Having both Hurst and Kerr should really open up that role for him as that guy next to Armstead or Givens inside. Don't think Kinlaw is there yet...

True but with no DeFo, we lack that inside penetrator to pair along with Armstead in the nickel. Kerr and Hurst are more NTs. Jones could be the wildcard. That dude never seems to stay healthy but he could give us a little pocket push if he's used primarily as a 3T in the nickel and not a pure nose as before. Having both Hurst and Kerr should really open up that role for him as that guy next to Armstead or Givens inside. Don't think Kinlaw is there yet...

Oh, absolutely. Not having DeFo is going to be rough. The man commanded the most doubles on the team that year and still had a quality pressure rate. His loss still has ripples. I was just pointing out some small upgrades. :)

• Like 1

I thought Hurst was more of a penetrating 3T like Kinlaw and Givens? 

The 5 interior guys we have this year make it the deepest I can remember it being. It’s true that no single guy there can match DeFo, but the group, collectively, is a very impressive group.