Training Camp 2021!

N4L

I want to wait for preseason, but I just don't see how Jimmy starts week 1. If Kyle really wants to take it slow for now, that's fine but I just don't see how Lance doesn't start soon. It's not if it's when. Again I'd like to see Lance through preseason to jump on the start Lance week 1 bandwagon. But this is just as good as it can go. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I want to wait for preseason but I just don't see how Jimmy starts week 1. If Kyle really wants to take it slow for now, that's fine but I just don't see how Lance doesn't start soon. It's not if it's when. Again I'd like to see Lance through preseason to jump on the start Lance week 1 bandwagon. But this is just as good as it can go. 

Assuming Lance keeps showing out...

I think Jimmy starts preseason week 1 against the Chiefs on Aug 14. I think Shanny will likely want to see Lance in some game action/other opponents before anointing him

Second preseason game against the Chargers on Aug 22, especially with the joint practices on Aug 19/20, are a perfect opportunity for Lance to at least split reps with the #1's 

And then i think Lance will start week 3 against the Raiders on Aug 29

After that, it'll depend if there's a trade market for Jimmy. If not, his 2 options are to stick as a backup this year (likely with a paycut and contract torn up after this year) or just be released entirely and wait for an in-season or 2022 opportunity. 

Edited by 49ersfan

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

My biggest problem with Grant is he thinks his opinion are facts.

I found it kind of weird he was bringing people on that looked like they were 15 to discuss news and things on a couple of videos I saw on youtube. Maybe I'm just getting old or something, but it seemed very odd that those people were the 'experts' or whatever that he brought on. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I found it kind of weird he was bringing people on that looked like they were 15 to discuss news and things on a couple of videos I saw on youtube. Maybe I'm just getting old or something, but it seemed very odd that those people were the 'experts' or whatever that he brought on. 

Haha yeah I saw that's the kids actually had better takes then Cohn. But tbh his guests he has on are outstanding. Vish is one of the new people I found through Grant that has great opinion and takes. 

https://www.golongtd.com/p/why-trey-lance-is-destined-to-shine

To the 49ers’ locker room. One veteran who’s in San Francisco clearly to win now texted back in 27 seconds with his official Trey Lance report: “F----r looks really good!!!!”

The vet blown away by the rookie’s game also texted that it only took a couple practices for him to see why the team unloaded so many picks for him. Then there was linebacker Dre Greenlaw calling this the best arm he’s ever seen — “hands down.”