Training Camp 2021!

N4L

I came to the realization last night that 8/14 will be the first time I see Aiyuk in person. Pumped. This morning I am realizing that at this rate the niners wont be allowed to have fans in the stands again very soon... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean is that REALLY triple coverage? Lol, I guess technically it is but Kittle had a step on the defenders so not like it was too risky of a throw.

I feel like that is more of an indictment on the defense, or praise of Kittle more so than anything Lance did lol. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like that is more of an indictment on the defense, or praise of Kittle more so than anything Lance did lol. 

Seems like a LB was carrying him up the seam and Kittle got behind the safeties...But this is the big advantage of running the zone read with a QB who can threaten the defense with his feet. We have seen Warner carry WR routes and TE routes up the seam 30-40 yards down the field against teams like the Cardinals/Ravens as well. 

🧵 5 from @49ers 🧵

1) They see the DL back at the 2019 level. Dee Ford's finally healthy, and additions like Arden Key and Mo Hurst have bolstered depth. And Bosa looks like Bosa.

2) Jason Verrett's been outstanding. The long-injury-addled CB's finally playing fearlessly.

3) WR needs to shake out, but Deebo Samuel's in better shape than he has been and Brandon Aiyuk's taken a step. Darkhorse at the spot: Trent Sherfield.

4) Fred Warner's Fred Warner, but a big ? is who'll be the 3rd LB, with Flanagan, Al-Shaair, Griffith among those flashing.

5) Competition's very healthy at QB. Staff really likes where Jimmy Garoppolo's at. But it's hard to miss how impressive Trey Lance is—I saw a throw Wed where he rolled left, flicked it to his right. 

I had no clue the ball was going. Defenders everywhere. Hit Aiyuk b/w the 1s.

From Albert Breer 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean is that REALLY triple coverage? Lol, I guess technically it is but Kittle had a step on the defenders so not like it was too risky of a throw.

Yeah, that's what I said to myself... he's not wide open, but he's definitely NFL open. NFL QBs have to throw in tighter windows than that 75% of the time. But still, when you're throwing over the top, it's so easy to fly it way past the receiver. There's always the mental perception that "there's room" beyond, but if you throw it too far, no one's getting it. I feel like it's almost harder than fitting it in front of a defender, where the receiver can catch it. 

I must say, Trey has been so impressive. The way he prepares and practices, the way he handles himself, the way he talks to reporters. I have a very very hard time imagining him not succeeding in the league. I have a hard time imagining a low floor for him. I need some growing pains in games to tamper my expectations a bit. I'm struggling here.

• Like 4

Haven't seen this confirmed by any of the big guys yet. 

Our depth at big end behind Armstead is down to just Ken Street, I think. I wonder if we bring in someone to compete there, or if we bring in another CB. 

Also, who's playing behind Ward at FS? We don't really have anyone with Moore out, right?

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Haven't seen this confirmed by any of the big guys yet. 

Our depth at big end behind Armstead is down to just Ken Street, I think. I wonder if we bring in someone to compete there, or if we bring in another CB. 

Also, who's playing behind Ward at FS? We don't really have anyone with Moore out, right?

I guess Jefferson would play there in case of emergency. 

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

I guess Jefferson would play there in case of emergency. 

Yeah it seems like either him or Wilson will be first off the bench for either safety position. We don't really have the rangiest safeties to begin with, so I guess it should be fine. 

We're really banking on our pass rush to make life easy on our secondary this year.