Training Camp 2021!

N4L

Its time for Lance to get first team reps against the first team defence. With tomorrow being a day off, perfect opportunity to get some rest and then integrate him on Friday. 

I am very intrigued to see how he'll do against a defense with Nick Bosa & Dee Ford rushing off the edge, Warner patrolling the middle, and Verrett & Ward keeping things locked down in coverage. If he can maintain his level of play or even just have a slight drop? Then he has to be the unquestioned starter

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Its time for Lance to get first team reps against the first team defence. With tomorrow being a day off, perfect opportunity to get some rest and then integrate him on Friday. 

I am very intrigued to see how he'll do against a defense with Nick Bosa & Dee Ford rushing off the edge, Warner patrolling the middle, and Verrett & Ward keeping things locked down in coverage. If he can maintain his level of play or even just have a slight drop? Then he has to be the unquestioned starter

I think Shanny will wait until after the first preseason game to get him some reps against the first team defense. I mean he may give him some here and there beforehand, but after that game he will really start mixing Lance in with the 1st team OL.

29 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Tim Harris was indeed cut. Wow. He recently got first team reps. 

I think he is is injured and that's why they cut him. Probably will put him on IR.

Boo! The 49ers twitter account did not post that pass to Kittle that everyone was talking about. 

Maiocco is not one to clickbait or say stuff for the hell of it since he is SOLIDIFIED and a legend in the 49ers beat....BUT we all know how sure he has been that Jimmy will be the starting QB this season....He has now done a complete 180. Very interested to hear his next podcast. If Matt knows, then................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

this is the stuff that is super promising to me. That's not a huge window. 

That's something Lance has proven he can do, although we did not see a lot of it at NDSU. Getting the ball up and down is not something we EVER saw from Kap. Love seeing that. That was something that Allen did at Wyoming that reminded me of Kap some and what kind of scared me with him. Just throwing rockets 100% of the time. I would not be surprised at all to see Jimmy shipped out of town in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I tend to not like award bets at all

bosa droy cashed for me. Part of the reason I liked it at the time was that being a top 5 pick, so I knew the media hype would follow him. He plays a flashy position and was going to rack up sexy stats. 

Lance is a top 5 pick playing a flashy position who should rack up sexy stats. Dude should be good for 10 TDs on the ground alone I would think. We are going to win a lot of games this year, so I think that will help him as well. 

49ers third overall pick was probably THE most discussed draft pick of all time. We had non-stop coverage for a month. I think that will only help his cause.

+800 is great value imo. Even if he only starts 13 games, that should be enough I would think. 

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article253262288.html

But the last play illustrated what makes Lance unique. He dropped back to throw and immediately looked at his favorite target of training camp, second-year receiver Brandon Aiyuk, to his left. Aiyuk was bracketed by two defenders and wasn’t open.

Lance’s eyes moved to the middle of the field, where there was too much congestion. He scanned to the right and saw Nsimba Webster, a reserve receiver and return man, with outside leverage on safety Tony Jefferson, an eight-year veteran.

Love that he's going through his progressions

• Like 2

As a guy who wanted that pompous prick from Alabama and felt like Lance was the 4th best QB in the draft, I can’t help but get excited by all these reports. MM is usually pretty conservative on anointing anyone and you could hear the excitement in his voice. I want them to take it slow with him, but it’s looking harder and harder to do so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N4L said:

bosa droy cashed for me. Part of the reason I liked it at the time was that being a top 5 pick, so I knew the media hype would follow him. He plays a flashy position and was going to rack up sexy stats. 

Lance is a top 5 pick playing a flashy position who should rack up sexy stats. Dude should be good for 10 TDs on the ground alone I would think. We are going to win a lot of games this year, so I think that will help him as well. 

49ers third overall pick was probably THE most discussed draft pick of all time. We had non-stop coverage for a month. I think that will only help his cause.

+800 is great value imo. Even if he only starts 13 games, that should be enough I would think. 

The offensive running game can hurt. The fact that Lawrence will play the entire year is going to hurt. He's going to be, and should be, the favorite. He should be putting up monster stats there. I definitely like the +800, certainly considering it, but I'm not sure how much I like 1k on +800.  This more or less reminds me of the 2012 rookie of the year competition, tbh. 

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article253262288.html

Love that he's going through his progressions

He was good at it in school. Full field reads with fast mental processing and he was a 19 year old freshman. This kind of stuff was never a question for me.  There's a YouTube clip that shows it off nicely from orlovsky. I think it's called " trey lance is super human" or "trey lance's super power". 

I remember someone...maybe @JIllg (apologies if that's not correct and it was someone else)...saying in the FFMD chat or something that they had watched some Lance vids (this was right after we had made the trade) and it was crazy how much faster / better he was than Fields at processing against pressure (in a lot of ways, those two were kind of diametrically opposed to one another...Fields was obviously slow, deliberate in a lot of his stuff...not just in the processing, but in the movement...but he was also one of the most natural throwers of the football you'd ever see. Meanwhile Lance throws the fugliest ball sometimes, but everything he does is so fast) 

• Like 4

"- Tavon Wilson and Ambry Thomas notched back-to-back pass breakups on throws intended for Dwelley and Deebo Samuel.

Thomas had an impressive showing during the period, recording two PBU's on passes intended for Austin Watkins Jr. and Aiyuk in the back of the end zone."

https://www.49ers.com/news/lance-kittle-dwelley-deebo-samuel-bosa-garoppolo-ford-training-camp

Looks like Thomas at least today had a good day. 

• Like 2