Nick Chubb Extended 3 years 36million

Dawgpoun8017

4 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

I love our FO and I love Nick Chubb. Wasn't sure what we were gonna do with this analytics anomaly.

Man, I'm happy.

Yep. We hit it out of the park with hiring Berry. I said it before and I’ll say it again, Berry’s beginnings were from a football guy start. But cat is super intelligent and embraced the analytical side of things. Marry the two and the pure logic says to sign Chubb. 

I’m fairly confident he’s going to manipulate the cap so we can maintain stability for the foreseeable future. Dude is a stud if you can’t tell. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. We hit it out of the park with hiring Berry. I said it before and I’ll say it again, Berry’s beginnings were from a football guy start. But cat is super intelligent and embraced the analytical side of things. Marry the two and the pure logic says to sign Chubb. 

I’m fairly confident he’s going to manipulate the cap so we can maintain stability for the foreseeable future. Dude is a stud if you can’t tell. 

What I don’t understand is where in “aNaLytIcs” does it say you can’t sign a RB?  You don’t pay an absurd amount for a “good” back just because he’s been your guy for a few years, but signing elite talent is always been ok, especially at a good number.

People really need to understand analytics a bit better.  It’s not just a buzzword for “be cheap except QB and DE”. 

(not saying you’re that person btw)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What I don’t understand is where in “aNaLytIcs” does it say you can’t sign a RB?  You don’t pay an absurd amount for a “good” back just because he’s been your guy for a few years, but signing elite talent is always been ok, especially at a good number.

People really need to understand analytics a bit better.  It’s not just a buzzword for “be cheap except QB and DE”. 

Because people “in the know” say so 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’ve personally have never subscribed to RBs are a dime a dozen. If you get a good one they can help you win games. Analytics is about winning games. Sign a good football player that just so happens to help you win games…uhhh analytics and football dudes win. 

In Cavaliers form, what’s not to like?

• Like 1

Chubb in my view is the 3rd most valuable player on the team (behind Myles and Baker).  I think there's a big dropoff from Chubb to Hunt, and Hunt might be a top 10 back in the league.

Our offensive line is great, but you can't consistently get those 20+ yard runs from most backs in the league.  Chubb changes the outcomes of games.

He's an exception to the paying RBs rule.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Chubb in my view is the 3rd most valuable player on the team (behind Myles and Baker).  I think there's a big dropoff from Chubb to Hunt, and Hunt might be a top 10 back in the league.

Our offensive line is great, but you can't consistently get those 20+ yard runs from most backs in the league.  Chubb changes the outcomes of games.

He's an exception to the paying RBs rule.

I love the entire offensive synergy. 

We have a great zone running line, and we have chubb who has amazing vision and ability to cut. 

We have scwartz who will make people respect his speed, but you want to put more attention on guys like obj and landry. Hopper, njoku and bryant can all run routes and catch

Baker has tremendous accuracy and arm strength and can move well. 

Hunt is a power runner and a good recieving back.

It all fits together really well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it comes from a point that usually a guy who was elite, might have peaked, and you are going to see a drop off. We have seen it recently outside of henry, usally once that RB got the deal, they never live up to it. You look at the stats of the top10 rushers in the season, looking at last year. Outside of cook and henry, the next 8, the big difference might be the contracrts of the players. You truly have to look at the cost analyist of the worth of investing into a RB. You also cant just look at the number of the contract and think its not worth it. I think a guy like Chubb doesnt fit the mold of the analytic approach of it because the dude really hasnt been run into the ground, like what happens to some RBs. Like Zeke, dude was a work horse the first couple years, gets paid and production drops. Bell wad a work horse, gets paid and isnt the same player. Chub is our work horse but his first 3 yrs, he accumated 300+ touches just once. Zeke avg well over 300 touches ans flirted with 400 his 3rd yr. with Bell, the steelers knew they werent going to invest long term and Overworked him. Believe his last yr in Pitt he had over 400touches. We seen guys like Larry Johnskn get over used.

with Chubb he hasnt been over worked and they have Hunt here to help keep that work load light on him. Chubb was prolly a perfect candidate for a RB to get paid and you will get the proper return on that 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I think it comes from a point that usually a guy who was elite, might have peaked, and you are going to see a drop off. We have seen it recently outside of henry, usally once that RB got the deal, they never live up to it. You look at the stats of the top10 rushers in the season, looking at last year. Outside of cook and henry, the next 8, the big difference might be the contracrts of the players. You truly have to look at the cost analyist of the worth of investing into a RB. You also cant just look at the number of the contract and think its not worth it. I think a guy like Chubb doesnt fit the mold of the analytic approach of it because the dude really hasnt been run into the ground, like what happens to some RBs. Like Zeke, dude was a work horse the first couple years, gets paid and production drops. Bell wad a work horse, gets paid and isnt the same player. Chub is our work horse but his first 3 yrs, he accumated 300+ touches just once. Zeke avg well over 300 touches ans flirted with 400 his 3rd yr. with Bell, the steelers knew they werent going to invest long term and Overworked him. Believe his last yr in Pitt he had over 400touches. We seen guys like Larry Johnskn get over used.

with Chubb he hasnt been over worked and they have Hunt here to help keep that work load light on him. Chubb was prolly a perfect candidate for a RB to get paid and you will get the proper return on that 

Yeah, workload definitely plays a part.

Chubb has split carried here a good bit as well as in college.  There should definitely be enough tread on those tires for 4 more seasons.

I just hope they continue to split carries.  I don’t need to see Chubb win a rushing title and get 25 touches a game.  Make sure he and Hunt get 15 or so touches each and keep them both fresh and healthy.  If you need to lean on someone a bit more at times, cool, but overall keep the workload manageable.

Add in another 5 or so touches for Felton per game and that’s a run heavy approach with no one getting overworked.