Preseason Overreaction Thread

SteelKing728

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Giants are going to have the #1 defense this year.

From #19 in DVOA last year all the way to #1.  I know this is the overreaction thread, but your schedule is actually pretty light on top 10 QBs, so I can see it (like, there's a chance) on a traditional stats basis.  I definitely don't see it on a schedule-adjusted basis though.

20 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

From #19 in DVOA last year all the way to #1.  I know this is the overreaction thread, but your schedule is actually pretty light on top 10 QBs, so I can see it (like, there's a chance) on a traditional stats basis.  I definitely don't see it on a schedule-adjusted basis though.

Then why comment like this?

• Like 1

I'm late to the party here no doubt, but before AJ got hurt and had to get bounced the Falcons were looking to have the worst backup QB in the NFL. Now somehow they bring in Rosen and in 5 days with the team he looks better than AJ and Franks combined? Could Rosen finally be in a situation that will benefit him enough to let him develop behind Matt Ryan? Did the Falcons GM actually make a decent decision? I feel deeply disturbed by this.

Oh, another overreaction. Falcons may have the worst OL in the entire NFL this season...oof.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:27 AM, minutemancl said:

Giants are going to have the #1 defense this year.

You should’ve drafted Najee Harris at #20 then. Keep Saquon fresh and punish the hell out of their defense while your defense rests. Run a ravens style offense with Daniel Jones acting as more of a Lamar than a pocket passer.

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

You should’ve drafted Najee Harris at #20 then. Keep Saquon fresh and punish the hell out of their defense while your defense rests. Run a ravens style offense with Daniel Jones acting as more of a Lamar than a pocket passer.

I don’t think they could afford Najee that early, not enough touches to go around with both of them being backs that like to get 20+ touches 

8 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

I don’t think they could afford Najee that early, not enough touches to go around with both of them being backs that like to get 20+ touches 

That makes it easier to develop a winning offensive identity than drafting Kadarius Toney who hasn’t even played in preseason and has been hurt and is a bust and Daniel Jones isn’t an elite passer anyways.

Saquon gets knicked up a lot for a blue jacket player, they would’ve been wise to get Harris to take over for those moments and help do load management to prevent them. They already got an extra first round pick out of trading down so they could afford to be greedy.