Preseason Overreaction Thread

SteelKing728

15 minutes ago, Kirill said:

That makes it easier to develop a winning offensive identity than drafting Kadarius Toney who hasn’t even played in preseason and has been hurt and is a bust and Daniel Jones isn’t an elite passer anyways.

Saquon gets knicked up a lot for a blue jacket player, they would’ve been wise to get Harris to take over for those moments and help do load management to prevent them. They already got an extra first round pick out of trading down so they could afford to be greedy.

I just don’t agree. I don’t think they could afford to not have a WR and have 2 RBs as a just in case with the first round pick. You need someone who will be on the field, not someone who might possibly be on the field. 

Can’t use revisionist history to know that Toney would be hurt. Plus Toney is a game changer skill set wise on the level of Tyreek Hill. 

Maybe in round 2 if he had slipped like originally thought. Or if they had grabbed Rhemomdre or another big back like SanFrancisco in those later rounds. 

11 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

I just don’t agree. I don’t think they could afford to not have a WR and have 2 RBs as a just in case with the first round pick. You need someone who will be on the field, not someone who might possibly be on the field. 

Can’t use revisionist history to know that Toney would be hurt. Plus Toney is a game changer skill set wise on the level of Tyreek Hill. 

Maybe in round 2 if he had slipped like originally thought. Or if they had grabbed Rhemomdre or another big back like SanFrancisco in those later rounds. 

You just have to get greedy. That’s what winning teams do and that’s what I’ve learned from watching the chiefs GM Brett Veach and our previous GM John Dorsey.

In reality you probably should’ve stayed put and drafted Justin fields or mac Jones because that would be the most greedy thing to do but Daniel Jones is your guy so you get greedy and that is drafting Najee Harris who we know will be a good back and could spell Saquon a great back. Harris even said Saquon was the best RB in the league and his guy. And theres only one Tyreek. Toney ain’t it and your QB can’t reliability get him the ball. Daniel Jones isn’t a good passer outside of the hash marks. He is a Bridgewater or Lamar in that department more of a check down guy and can make plays with his feet. I don’t think Toney makes more sense than Harris if Harris helps Saquon stay healthy and in peak form. But we’ll see maybe Harris is a bust. But if he is Derrick Henry 2.0 that would be a hellish 4th quarter for a defense to face after chasing around Saquon all ball game. 

Edited by Kirill

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

You just have to get greedy. That’s what winning teams do and that’s what I’ve learned from watching the chiefs GM Brett Veach and our previous GM John Dorsey.

In reality you probably should’ve stayed put and drafted Justin fields or mac Jones because that would be the most greedy thing to do but Daniel Jones is your guy so you get greedy and that is drafting Najee Harris who we know will be a good back and could spell Saquon a great back. Harris even said Saquon was the best RB in the league and his guy. And theres only one Tyreek. Toney ain’t it and your QB can’t reliability get him the ball. Daniel Jones isn’t a good passer outside of the hash marks. He is a Bridgewater or Lamar in that department more of a check down guy and can make plays with his feet. I don’t think Toney makes more sense than Harris if Harris helps Saquon stay healthy and in peak form. But we’ll see maybe Harris is a bust. But if he is Derrick Henry 2.0 that would be a hellish 4th quarter for a defense to face after chasing around Saquon all ball game. 

Not sure why you keep saying ‘your’ since I’m a Falcons fan. But there were plenty of folks who said Mahomes couldn’t play and no one was on Tyreek Hill. As far as skill set is concerned Toney is very similar and a good comparison, not sure how good he is at abusing women, Tyreek has that on lock. 

As a GM I couldn’t care less if someone said my player is the best in the league or not and Jones as proven to have skills but he hasn’t shown enough consistency at this point. Giving him Toney and Saquon only magnifies his capabilities. You really speed wise can’t afford to go 1v1 with Toney. If you play him off they throw a screen and he’s chunking you, if you press him and don’t win it’s 6. Sounds like Tyreek to me. 

16 hours ago, Kirill said:

You should’ve drafted Najee Harris at #20 then. Keep Saquon fresh and punish the hell out of their defense while your defense rests. Run a ravens style offense with Daniel Jones acting as more of a Lamar than a pocket passer.

lmfao 

If you are advocating for the giants to spend another first round pick on a RB when the RB they just took #2 overall hasnt even finished his rookie deal, then you are even dumber than I thought

"Giants will have the #1 defense" = "Giants should have taken a RB 20th overall" ????  L O L 

Daniel jones acting as more of a lamar than a pocket passer 

?????

13 hours ago, Kirill said:

They already got an extra first round pick out of trading down so they could afford to be greedy.

Its not greedy to draft a RB in the first when your roster is poor (and your OL is bottom 5), its reckless and foolish

Did I mention that the giants OL is horrible?

Of all the bad takes on this website... "The giants should have been greedy and drafted a RB #20 overall when they have saquon barkley" might be the worst one in history

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, N4L said:

lmfao 

If you are advocating for the giants to spend another first round pick on a RB when the RB they just took #2 overall hasnt even finished his rookie deal, then you are even dumber than I thought

"Giants will have the #1 defense" = "Giants should have taken a RB 20th overall" ????  L O L 

?????

I

Well, I mean, if his brain was going to leak all over his keyboard this would be the thread for it....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N4L said:

lmfao 

?????

Its not greedy to draft a RB in the first when your roster is poor (and your OL is bottom 5), its reckless and foolish

Did I mention that the giants OL is horrible?

Of all the bad takes on this website... "The giants should have been greedy and drafted a RB #20 overall when they have saquon barkley" might be the worst one in history

Them investing #2 overall in Saquon only reinforces the validity of my argument. He’s one of the most talented offensive threats in the league but he’s never had a fully healthy season because they consistently overwork him. They need to nip that issue in the bud now before it gets too bad to fix. 

Daniel Jones has more threat as a QB with the #1 rushing offense week in week out than a banged up Saquon and a Kadarius Toney

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

He’s one of the most talented offensive threats in the league but he’s never had a fully healthy season because they consistently overwork him.

... he's never logged more than 275 carries in his entire career. His career high is 352 touches, which is good for 182nd all time.

Do you bother researching this stuff, or do you just ramble for the sake of rambling? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

If you believe that Toney is going to be like Hill, you are going to be very disappointed. Better WRs were drafted after Toney. 

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

Them investing #2 overall in Saquon only reinforces the validity of my argument. He’s one of the most talented offensive threats in the league but he’s never had a fully healthy season because they consistently overwork him. They need to nip that issue in the bud now before it gets too bad to fix. 

Daniel Jones has more threat as a QB with the #1 rushing offense week in week out than a banged up Saquon and a Kadarius Toney

It's the law of diminishing returns. You get a worse return on the invest of both assets when you double up like that 

Daniel Jones should never be compared to Lamar Jackson when it comes to a teams rushing attack. Pretty moronic suggestion tbh 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

If you believe that Toney is going to be like Hill, you are going to be very disappointed. Better WRs were drafted after Toney. 

I merely compared the physical attributes. No one in the NFL thought Tyreek was going to do what he’s done either 🤷