Around the League 2022

Bobby816

Lawrence's numbers so far of 271/466 (58%) for 2735 yards (5.9YPA), 9 TD, 14 INT for a 68.9 rating are very Zach-like on a similarly bad team. I think it's fair to say that he would've sucked here if we'd got him, at least this year.

Mac Jones is the only first-round rookie QB who's looked decent with any consistency so far. Question is, do you think he's the best one? Was he just the most pro-ready? Or would Lawrence/Fields/Lance have done as well or better in New England with their coaching staff?

Just when though the New England Pats era or terror was over at the end of last season. All their future HOF's are gone no QB at the end of the 2020 season. What      the **** happen between the end of last season and 12-13-21. I look at the current standing and I see they are running away from the AFL east teams. WHO IS GOING TO STOP NEW ENGLAND, FROM GOING TO ANOTHER SB. As of today, the only team that could stop them in the KC Chiefs.

4 hours ago, TheChad said:

Lawrence's numbers so far of 271/466 (58%) for 2735 yards (5.9YPA), 9 TD, 14 INT for a 68.9 rating are very Zach-like on a similarly bad team. I think it's fair to say that he would've sucked here if we'd got him, at least this year.

Mac Jones is the only first-round rookie QB who's looked decent with any consistency so far. Question is, do you think he's the best one? Was he just the most pro-ready? Or would Lawrence/Fields/Lance have done as well or better in New England with their coaching staff?

Jones is just being groomed correctly. Not asking him as a rookie to do too much. And in a year or 2 he will be able to sling it around more, bc he was taught to make smart decisions early in his career. We on the other hand just kinda threw Wilson out there with an awful system and asking him to do too much. And he’s not progressing bc of that. I expected INTs from Wilson. I can handle mistakes from a rookie. But normally when a QB has actual talent… there’s bright spots too. And we haven’t seen those from Wilson. Even Darnold his last handful of games his rookie year showed bright spots and progression. And that was with a lot less talent. With injuries to our WRs and RBs I can’t see Wilson showing anything positive these last few weeks. I see the year ending where we saw just an awful QB for 13 games. Leaving us with very little to be optimistic about with him. Bc I don’t see us making any staff changes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheChad said:

T Law would do A LOT better on this Jets team than the Jags team. T Law has a coach that is very toxic in and out of the locker room. T Law also has a lot worse WR and OL than the Jets. I think T Law is doing pretty well for what he has been given which is nothing from top to bottom. I think Wilson is just a very bad QB that was WAY over hyped because of COVID games and going against D 3 schools. If I was going to pick a QB in the draft I would have taken T Law followed by Fields. I think Mac Jones is doing well because he is in NE. If you put Mac on these other teams he would be just as bad if not worse. In the end I think Lance and Wilson are bust. Fields will be a very nice QB that will hit a few pro bowls in his career. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:25 AM, jetfuel34 said:

T Law would do A LOT better on this Jets team than the Jags team. T Law has a coach that is very toxic in and out of the locker room. T Law also has a lot worse WR and OL than the Jets. I think T Law is doing pretty well for what he has been given which is nothing from top to bottom. I think Wilson is just a very bad QB that was WAY over hyped because of COVID games and going against D 3 schools. If I was going to pick a QB in the draft I would have taken T Law followed by Fields. I think Mac Jones is doing well because he is in NE. If you put Mac on these other teams he would be just as bad if not worse. In the end I think Lance and Wilson are bust. Fields will be a very nice QB that will hit a few pro bowls in his career. 

If you're comparing the Jags and Jets, you're nitpicking.

Well Urban Meyers just got fired.

Now my question to the people that want to keep Saleh for anthoer year is this. Who was that last coach to start off with 3 or 4 wins in their first year of coaching and stayed with that team and went on to build up a playoff team every season? The answer. I could find no one.All the long term coaches started off with at least 8 wins that i could find. My point is no one has ever done this so move on from Saleh. 

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Now my question to the people that want to keep Saleh for anthoer year is this. Who was that last coach to start off with 3 or 4 wins in their first year of coaching and stayed with that team and went on to build up a playoff team every season? The answer. I could find no one.All the long term coaches started off with at least 8 wins that i could find. My point is no one has ever done this so move on from Saleh. 

BB was 5-11 his 1st season with NE.

Walsh was 2-14 his 1st season in SF.

JJ was 1-15 his 1 season with Dallas.

Landry was 0-11-1 in his season with DAL. He actually wasn't over .500 until his 6th season.

Noll was 1-13 his 1st season in Pitt.

Parcells was 3-12-1 his 1st season for NYG.

Reid was 5-11 his 1st season in PHI.

The list keeps going.....

So there's plenty of reason to still be optimistic in Saleh. Especially given how young our team is. It's not like Saleh took over with a good vet QB and some really good vets on the team that were 7-9 last year. We knew this team wasn't a 1 or 2 year fix. Most of us thought we'd only win about a handful of games this year at max. So we're about where we thought we'd be win and loss wise. The problem isn't our record though. It's more so just our QB. He's not progressing. You could argue he's even regressing. I can't say every young player isn't progressing bc some are. Guys like AVT, Carter, Moore, Hall, MC2, Guidry, Quincy, etc. have progressed. But the fact is, is that this is a QB driven league. And you can have talent everywhere, but if you don't at QB... it really doesn't matter. So they HAVE TO find a way to make Wilson progress and succeed. For me it's clear the system has him thinking too much. So simplify it. That's a staff issue. This should've already happened. Sadly I think it doesn't. I think LaFleur stays stubborn and thinks Wilson reading the playbook for a whole offseason and another camp will grasp the system and not think too much. Could that happen? Of course. But it's a heck of a lot safer to simplify it for a young QB. I expect to see rather average games from Wilson these next couple weeks (MIA,JAX) and him bomb the last 2 weeks (TB,BUF). Leaving us exactly where we are right now with him. Talking about him being a huge issue on this team. How much he progresses in an offseason and Camp next year will be the main difference in this team. And we wont know that until Week 1 of next year. Bc it's clear that preseason games mean nothing (as if we didn't already know that), bc Wilson looked great in preseason and has been awful since. Until we have good QB play, nothing will change with this franchise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Meyer wasn't fired because of two wins, he was fired for his conduct. It is possible that if the Jags had a winning record, the firing may not have happened.  But make no mistake, Urban was fired for being a jag off (see what I did there).  Saleh is not.

16 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

26 teams within 1 game of a playoff birth right now?

The Jets are so far behind the curve. It’s going to be a really long time before this team is any good honestly 

It could change if JD is aggressive and Saleh finds a good DC this offseason. If not, the next 3-4 years will be everyone getting fired and rebuilding to who ever we hire while others get better. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Watching us and the KC vs CIN game.

Watching Burrow and Chase is so fun. Rookie WR with over 1300yds and 12 TDs and there’s 2 other star WRs and a good RB on his team. So it’s not like he’s just the focal point.

I just watched final 3 minutes on the internet.   Both teams had no timeout.   What the heck did Zac Taylor do? lol