Around the League 2022

Bobby816

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

AP writers.

Isn’t it amazing that some of the clowns that cover this team, (honestly almost all of writers are down right awful) get to vote for all of these accolades. I think Mac has done a very nice job of what he’s been asked to do. He’s in by far the best situation with the most successful HC in NFL history. He may not have great WRs but they have a great line, league best running game and two too TEs that make their offense go. Chase didn’t play football last year after only one year of success at LSU in which he feasted off single coverage and the opponents 3rd and 4th option at corner. What he’s doing with a second year QB coming off a major injury is down right unprecedented. If he isn’t OROY, you simply can’t take any awards in the NFL serious anymore.  

A Browns win would be helpful tonight for draft purposes. It gives some padding in the event that the Seahawks upset the Cardinals next week plus the Jets have Pittsburgh’s fifth rounder from the Avery Williamson trade. 

3 hours ago, NewAge said:

A Browns win would be helpful tonight for draft purposes. It gives some padding in the event that the Seahawks upset the Cardinals next week plus the Jets have Pittsburgh’s fifth rounder from the Avery Williamson trade. 

Here is our draft secretary. lol.

Anyway, I would expect Jets to trade that pick away. A higher a better trade return I suppose.

Calvin Ridley might be traded. We need to be in on this. Can be that move for Wilson like adding Diggs was for Allen. He might even come at a discounted price given he sat out for mental health issues most the year and is going into his 5th year option. With all of our picks... I'd be all for giving up one of those 2nd rounders for him. We have the cap space and can give him that fresh start. And what a WR group we'd have with Ridley at 27, Davis at 27, Moore at 22 and Berrios at 26.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Calvin Ridley might be traded. We need to be in on this. Can be that move for Wilson like adding Diggs was for Allen. He might even come at a discounted price given he sat out for mental health issues most the year and is going into his 5th year option. With all of our picks... I'd be all for giving up one of those 2nd rounders for him. We have the cap space and can give him that fresh start. And what a WR group we'd have with Ridley at 27, Davis at 27, Moore at 22 and Berrios at 26.

Ridley is already 27? I didn't realize he was in the league that long.  I'll give up a high pick as long as we resign him.  But are we doing it to win a Super Bowl within the next 2-3 years or are we doing it for Zach's progress?

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Ridley is already 27? I didn't realize he was in the league that long.  I'll give up a high pick as long as we resign him.  But are we doing it to win a Super Bowl within the next 2-3 years or are we doing it for Zach's progress?

I mean the focus every year is to win as many games as you can. So yes if you want to word it like, where its to win a super bowl... then sure. But yes it's a lot to do with Wilson as well. To have weapons to help him progress. We've seen countless times what weapons can do to elevate a young QBs game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

He hasnt been in the league long, just was an old prospect (24 coming out Bama)

And hell yeah we need to be in on Ridley, and prob wont cost much draft capital

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That Diggs move could have been Jefferson whose younger and better. Would rather just draft someone whose under cost control. Unless they are taking Mims and it’s or 4 instead it’s really not worth it. We really don’t have that much cap considering the enormous amount of holes we have. We’ve given Zach weapons. If you draft another WR and sign and draft a TE he has PLENTY to work with. Giving up a high too for a 27 year old who you now have to pay just doesn’t seem smart to me. Offer Mims and a lower pick otherwise we really need to be smarter. Bills were also much further along when they made this very questionable trade. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

That Diggs move could have been Jefferson whose younger and better. Would rather just draft someone whose under cost control. Unless they are taking Mims and it’s or 4 instead it’s really not worth it. We really don’t have that much cap considering the enormous amount of holes we have. We’ve given Zach weapons. If you draft another WR and sign and draft a TE he has PLENTY to work with. Giving up a high too for a 27 year old who you now have to pay just doesn’t seem smart to me. Offer Mims and a lower pick otherwise we really need to be smarter. Bills were also much further along when they made this very questionable trade. 

Your 1st line is about as hypothetical as it gets. If everyone knew Jefferson would be that good, he'd been a top 3 pick. Never mind BUF would've had no clue if he was available at their spot in the draft. Lazy response.

We have nearly 60+mill in cap space without cuts and very minimal players to resign. The draft will cost us around 10mill. So by the time we cut guys, resign guys and factor in the draft,,, we'd still have around 45-50mill in space. Ridley is due 11mill. That's not hurting us as players in FA at all. Furthermore... let's assume we give up the 35th for him. If we don't get a WR in FA (there's little to no chance we can get a guy as good as Ridley in FA), we might be drafting one with 1 of those 2nd rounders anyway (who knows maybe in the SEA 1st). And do you know how slim the odds are that that WR is as good as Ridley? Very very very slim. To further prove why that 1st sentence you wrote was just very poor. A proven star talent at 27 is always WAY more valuable than any pick pretty much.

This is a guy that last year had a stat line of 90rec. 1375yds 9 tds.

2019: he missed 1/4 of the season and still put up 63rec. 865yds 7tds.

2018: he wasn't even an every down starter and put up 64rec 820yds 10tds.

Keep in mind this was all with him pretty much being a WR2 as well. He's a #1 WR he's just always had Julio in front of him.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah I’m for going after Ridley. I’d accept him but not my first choice. I think we can continue to build through the draft and find value in free agency and in trades. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Your 1st line is about as hypothetical as it gets. If everyone knew Jefferson would be that good, he'd been a top 3 pick. Never mind BUF would've had no clue if he was available at their spot in the draft. Lazy response.

We have nearly 60+mill in cap space without cuts and very minimal players to resign. The draft will cost us around 10mill. So by the time we cut guys, resign guys and factor in the draft,,, we'd still have around 45-50mill in space. Ridley is due 11mill. That's not hurting us as players in FA at all. Furthermore... let's assume we give up the 35th for him. If we don't get a WR in FA (there's little to no chance we can get a guy as good as Ridley in FA), we might be drafting one with 1 of those 2nd rounders anyway (who knows maybe in the SEA 1st). And do you know how slim the odds are that that WR is as good as Ridley? Very very very slim. To further prove why that 1st sentence you wrote was just very poor. A proven star talent at 27 is always WAY more valuable than any pick pretty much.

This is a guy that last year had a stat line of 90rec. 1375yds 9 tds.

2019: he missed 1/4 of the season and still put up 63rec. 865yds 7tds.

2018: he wasn't even an every down starter and put up 64rec 820yds 10tds.

Keep in mind this was all with him pretty much being a WR2 as well. He's a #1 WR he's just always had Julio in front of him.

So my first line was poor but I can give you plenty examples of rookies giving the production Ridley gave in 4 seasons? So what’s very very slim when that list is much longer than you suggest. Also you talk about hypotheticals but the only thing hypothetical is your math. Tell me who we are cutting to come up with more money when we add Ridley’s 11 mil while also giving up an early pick. This is another very deep WR class and we already  have a guy making premium money. I stand by what I said. This is stupid unless it’s for Mims and neither of our top for picks otherwise it simply doesn’t add up. I also never suggested a FA WR since once again that math doesn’t make sense when we signed one last year. Only thing that makes sense while trying to MAX out this roster is to draft another receiver. You’ve been the guy screaming to draft receivers for years…so I don’t understand this from you. How are we affording Ridley and trying to bolster the worst defense in football? Wouldn’t be my first choice. 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

So my first line was poor but I can give you plenty examples of rookies giving the production Ridley gave in 4 seasons? So what’s very very slim when that list is much longer than you suggest. Also you talk about hypotheticals but the only thing hypothetical is your math. Tell me who we are cutting to come up with more money when we add Ridley’s 11 mil while also giving up an early pick. This is another very deep WR class and we already  have a guy making premium money. I stand by what I said. This is stupid unless it’s for Mims and neither of our top for picks otherwise it simply doesn’t add up. I also never suggested a FA WR since once again that math doesn’t make sense when we signed one last year. Only thing that makes sense while trying to MAX out this roster is to draft another receiver. You’ve been the guy screaming to draft receivers for years…so I don’t understand this from you. How are we affording Ridley and trying to bolster the worst defense in football? Wouldn’t be my first choice. 

Yes please tell me all the WRs that caught for over 3k yards in their 1st 3 seasons and over 26 TDs that weren't drafted in Round 1? Please Do. I'd imagine the list is VERY small.

Who can we cut? Obviously not cutting all these guys, but here's a list of guys we "could"

McGovern: 10.35mill

Rankins: 6.25mill

GVR: 3.5mill

Griffin: 3.3mill

S.Lawson: 9mill

Hardee: 2mill

And countless guys that save you a mill or so that you can bank at least 5+ of them get cut (guys like Clarke, Perine, Cashman, Wesco, etc)

So lets say we cut just Rankins, GVR, Lawson and Griffin and 6 guys around the 1mill mark (like the names I mentioned), That saves nearly 25mill in cap space. So there's plenty of cap space to finagle. Let's also not forget that literally teams that are over the cap in off-season's find a way to field a good roster. Restructures and all to make it work. There's always a way. I think NO at a point was like 60mill over the cap last offseason and found a way.