Around the League 2022

Bobby816

On 12/13/2021 at 5:18 AM, TheChad said:

Lawrence's numbers so far of 271/466 (58%) for 2735 yards (5.9YPA), 9 TD, 14 INT for a 68.9 rating are very Zach-like on a similarly bad team. I think it's fair to say that he would've sucked here if we'd got him, at least this year.

Mac Jones is the only first-round rookie QB who's looked decent with any consistency so far. Question is, do you think he's the best one? Was he just the most pro-ready? Or would Lawrence/Fields/Lance have done as well or better in New England with their coaching staff?

I think they all would have looked well with BB's system and development style. He was still a wildcard contender with Newton at QB and he almost took the AFC east again with a rookie QB. No stars around him. BB knows how to adapt to what he has and make other teams limited. Mac deserves a lot of credit, but we've seen what BB was able to do with less. They put up 50+ against 2 of the QBs that was drafted ahead of him. 

We have to gear our defenses up to play Tua, Allen, and Jones for the next decade. 

• Like 1

If Ja'Marr Chase doesn't win OROY then the whole system is broken. Mac Jones has been a really good rookie, but Chase has been one of the absolute best in the league at his position, rookie or not.

16 games, 79 receptions for 1429 yards and 13 touchdowns. Crazy stuff. (Side note: how we managed to hold him to 3 catches for 32 yards, I'll never know)

29 minutes ago, TheChad said:

If Ja'Marr Chase doesn't win OROY then the whole system is broken. Mac Jones has been a really good rookie, but Chase has been one of the absolute best in the league at his position, rookie or not.

16 games, 79 receptions for 1429 yards and 13 touchdowns. Crazy stuff. (Side note: how we managed to hold him to 3 catches for 32 yards, I'll never know)

Mac Jones can't win OROY.   Windy game alone kills his chance. lol.

Chase all the way without and 2nd thought

• Like 1

They are not going to give rookie of the year to a wide receiver over a QB that "led" his team to the playoffs and looked better than the 4 QBs taken above him.

Chase deserves it more, but this is the NFL. Is a QB driven league. They will want to make the QB as big a star as possible.

36 minutes ago, drew39k said:

They are not going to give rookie of the year to a wide receiver over a QB that "led" his team to the playoffs and looked better than the 4 QBs taken above him.

Chase deserves it more, but this is the NFL. Is a QB driven league. They will want to make the QB as big a star as possible.

Disagree strongly. Chase is on a playoff team and is not only hands down the best rookie WR, He's a top 5 WR in the whole NFL.

Mac Jones is on a playoff team and that's about where it ends with him from an impressive standpoint. I was a huge fan of Jones (before he went to NE). And thought he could be the best QB in this class (if people remember). But he as a rookie isn't exactly lighting up the stat sheet. NE is grooming him correctly. Teaching him to make smart decisions and not making him do too much. That doesn't equal rookie of the year.

Chase: 79rec. 1,423yds 13tds. (5th most yards and 2nd most TDs in the whole NFL)

Jones: 3,540yds 21tds 12ints (every stat of his, is middle of the pack for starting QBs)

As a rookie Chase is Elite, Jones is just good. 2 different levels of play as rookies. 

• Like 1