Spider-Man: No Way Home ***Spoiler FREE Thread***

Acgott

6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

With J Jonah Jameson dug in, nothing would save Peter. The Skrull could remove his Spider-Man mask live on stage, with Peter next to him and JJJ would say it’s fake news. People also wouldn’t forget the whole situation .

Have we learned nothing from the pandemic?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Is that "off"? One of the main plot points and character traits of Dr Strange in his first solo movie was that he was super eager and willing to mess with things that were super powerful and more or less off limits to him. To me, doing that spell seems right in line with his character.

Again, it was stuff that benefitted himself and/or had major stakes.   He was warned not to mess with time or the laws of nature, and only did so to stop Dormammu.  

Peter and Dr Strange arent exactly friends....just kind of work acquaintances.   And Peters problems arent affecting Dr Strange, nor are there really major stakes involved that would justify potentially opening a rift in the multiverse.   Even Peter doesnt seem frantic about people knowing he is Spidey.

So unless there are other events and more context about why Strange would take such a monumental risk to solve this problem, it does seem pretty out of character.   Just seems like they could come up with something better to drive Dr Strange to feel like he had to do it, or hell....maybe him just attempting something smaller that went horribly wrong....but attempting to erase the minds of everyone on the planet seems very off to me without the proper motivation.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, this movie is going to be huge (well, you know, if theaters are open).  Even if it's just VOD, I can see it pulling in $200 million in PPV's opening weekend.

Sony has been trying to get a sinister six based movie for so long and the MCU is just going to swoop in and take it from them, lol.

Super pumped Molina is back, one of the best comic book movie villains/casting of all time.

Yes, and inevitably it is going to be done better than Sony would have done it, but they are also giving Sony a Spider-man world to do whatever they want with that won't impact the MCU. They could do their own, different Sinister Six if they wanted to, with some of the same actors, some different, and it doesn't matter anymore. That's not the MCU, that's another multiverse dimension. It's pretty smart.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, this movie is going to be huge (well, you know, if theaters are open).  Even if it's just VOD, I can see it pulling in $200 million in PPV's opening weekend.

Sony has been trying to get a sinister six based movie for so long and the MCU is just going to swoop in and take it from them, lol.

Super pumped Molina is back, one of the best comic book movie villains/casting of all time.

This be the first movie I would spend $30 to watch on disney +

33 minutes ago, 43M said:

So unless there are other events and more context about why Strange would take such a monumental risk to solve this problem, it does seem pretty out of character.

I am thinking we will get more. In the trailer we get a lot of glimpses of Ned, MJ, and May and how it is effecting them but he seems to be plowing through all that. I would bet there is something that pushes Peter to go to Strange. 

• Like 1

Not thrilled with the trailer. I knew the Multiverse was going to be part of it but I was hoping it would mostly be at the end not the entire movie. Really would've preferred a true Spider-Man movie on the run with someone like Kraven coming after him than a multiverse movie sharing the spotlight with Strange. Then again, I have no reason to doubt because I love the first two movies.

56 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Not thrilled with the trailer. I knew the Multiverse was going to be part of it but I was hoping it would mostly be at the end not the entire movie. Really would've preferred a true Spider-Man movie on the run with someone like Kraven coming after him than a multiverse movie sharing the spotlight with Strange. Then again, I have no reason to doubt because I love the first two movies.

Curious if at the end Spider-Tom doesn’t come back to the main MCU reality like the title suggests, and spends time in the Sony stuff. There were rumors of him in the Kraven movie, would be fun to see him in Into the Spider-verse 2 too.

He’s contracted for one other Marvel teamup film, so they could save that for Secret Wars. A lot of stuff points to that being in the cards, besides it just being a big event they have yet to do. Which from there he can ether come back (a new deal is struck) or be gone forever.

I know there was a rumor Sony/Disney extended the deal. If that’s the case it gives them a good time to intro Miles in the MCU while Peter is gone. His Uncle (Donald Glover) was in the first film and referenced Miles, there is a F.E.A.S.T. Easter egg in this trailer. 

11 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Any ideas as to what this box is he's carrying?

its not a comics reference so this is a HUGE guess but

This is the thing Strange and Spidey compete over throughout the movie. It holds and contains multiversal energy including the energy left over when the spell is complete. Strange houses it in there to completely restore the dimension to the way it was easy peasy lemon squeezy. Peter wants it to scoop up interdimensional interlopers and send them back to their home dimensions so that he can keep the results of the spell without the mess it created. 

TLDR

Strange wants to put things back immediately

Peter wants to take the scenic route to keep the spell in place, or in the words of Tony Stark, "...bring what we lost, I hope, yes. Keep what I found, I have to, at all cost."

29 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Time to watch the trailer then. Gonna be a long 4 months. 

I hope they just do the two with such a short amount of time (plus whatever little tv spots or clips they put out leading up to it)

Do one with all the villains and tease the trio together.