GDT: Tampa v. Dallas - More mediocrity or do we finally go the distance?

D82

19 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

If McGovern is a solid back up G, I didn't see it in preseason. That's poor coaching. Clearly you believe he can play And at a high level.

Haha, no. You said, “That's why I made such a stink about our back ups sucking so bad.” in reference to Zach Martin missing time. 

I just scoff at the idea that you think it’s feasible to have a roster full of backups superior in pedigree and potential to McGovern.

When you lose star players, your team is going to get worse. No one has a Zach Martin sitting on their bench. No one. I think we are fortunate to have a former 3rd round pick who started 8 games last year and got a lot of starters reps in camp sitting on the bench. Like, he literally might be our best backup on the whole team. So if you are “causing a stink” about it, I really would like to know what your expectations are for roster positions 23-53. 

30 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

A funny juxtaposition of Cowboys fan opinions is that we simultaneously have a lot of cap space we refuse to use, and that giving Dak Prescott a big contract will make it impossible to have the cap space to be competitive.

We are kinda middle of the pack to below average when it comes to cap space. We lost Byron Jones as a cap casualty, I assume(certainly wasn’t performance based) and subsequently fielded a secondary that was indeed not very competitive. 

We were horrible with or without Dak last year. That said, I don’t really trust this organization to sign FAs that will actually help. 

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Haha, no. You said, “That's why I made such a stink about our back ups sucking so bad.” in reference to Zach Martin missing time. 

I just scoff at the idea that you think it’s feasible to have a roster full of backups superior in pedigree and potential to McGovern.

When you lose star players, your team is going to get worse. No one has a Zach Martin sitting on their bench. No one. I think we are fortunate to have a former 3rd round pick who started 8 games last year and got a lot of starters reps in camp sitting on the bench. Like, he literally might be our best backup on the whole team. So if you are “causing a stink” about it, I really would like to know what your expectations are for roster positions 23-53. 

Tell that to the 2017 Iggles. 

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

To be able to do a serviceable job. I mean, we see it all the time with this team. Elliott gets suspended, we crap the bed. Dak goes down, we can't win, Romo goes down, we win 1 game, Sean Lee gets hurt, our defense becomes Swiss cheese. The list goes on and on. 

If you think our back ups are soooo good, then why in the hell did we suck so bad in preseason?

But I guess this is all elementary. We have 48 hours to wait and we will see.

Just for the record, I hope you are correct. I just haven't seen it.

Idk Jarwin was **** blocked by Christopher Witten two years ago, but did well in spot duty. Then busted a leg week one last year. Hard to say what he has. I just know he used to beat Schultz in practice when healthy

Edited by DaBoys

I think Schultz will start but they’ll both play plenty. Think this team wants to mix in some more 12 this year to catch to defenses off guard with early down, play action stuff (or check to run if the defense stays in nickel, keep the WRs fresh, you get the idea)

Edited by matt79511